• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Flowering Love ~ Spring 2024 Shipping One-Shot Competition

7.4k words later... I finally finished it. ("" ̄▽ ̄)Honestly I literally changed the final half of what I brainstormed on the fly, LOL, but I felt a bit better about my decisions! Whew! Definitely the hardest fic I've ever written because I'm far too addicted to slowburn, so wrapping it all up in a nice little package was a bit tricky. Please (maybe) enjoy my warm and a little vile story of two very difficult people! I'll be sure to take a peek at everyone else's!

Very excited to be reading everyone’s fics!! I read a few before bed last night, was unfortunately too sleepy to give in depth thoughts, but I will challenge that sleepiness today! Everyone’s I’ve read so far has been very cute!

I’m not judging this time, so maybe I can give my thoughts early :enzap:

unfortunately, as is probably obvious by this point in time, perfectionism has taken its grasp on me once more, and i'm gonna have to tap out. my apologies for the late notice; i just can't bring myself to share this, not yet. it's technically done as a story, but i'm not satisfied with it, and the idea of putting it out as is makes my skin crawl.
i promise you will all get to see it once i am happy with the results. i still look forward to judging, and i positively love what i've read so far. <3

Submissions are closed! New
The window for submission is now closed! We received a grand total of 14 entries — that's a whole lot of words. Our panel of judges will begin their evaluation soon!

Additionally, a public poll will be going up shortly, where the community will be able to vote on their overall favorite fic from the event.

I'm trying to vote, but I can't seem to be able to do it. Maybe it's because I'm on mobile at the moment. I'll try again later.

Public poll is up! New
Oh it was because the thread was locked, apparently that also prevented voting on the poll. My bad, but it should be fixed now!

:bulbagarden: Cast your vote for the Readers' Choice Award here!
Judging and voting will last 3 weeks, so you have until May 27th to vote for the best entry.

Good luck again to everyone, and of course no matter who wins I’ve had a lot of fun reading everyone’s entries (and everyone did super well)! The differences in everyone’s tones and prose for their ships is genuinely really fun to see, I’ve got a few more I’ve read that I wanna leave my personal thoughts on.

Maybe after this I’ll be less shy about sharing my own shipfics… Would love to have a little ‘bookclub’ of reading each other’s stuff like this more often! It’s cozy.

Same here ! Seeing everyone's perspective of their ships made me realize how some of them work very well !

Though I will say, I am a bit surprised by the total vote count number thus far. I know this is still early in the contest, but with the combined view count of all the entries, I would have expected more than a hundred votes across all of them, instead of just ten. Maybe I am just being impatient over nothing. I'll see the progress in due time :ayeaye:

Last edited:
Last call for public voting + Badges! New
Hello again!

As a reminder, the results will be announced in just 10 days! We've read and discussed every single entry, and our judges will begin finalizing their decisions very soon.
If you haven't voted on the public poll yet, make sure you do so before the deadline. This is your chance to show some love to your favorite work or author!

I'm also pleased to announce that, in addition to our current prizes, everyone who has participated in the event will be receiving an exclusive badge to feature on their profile. The winners will be awarded a special variant for their outstanding efforts... What will it look like? You'll just have to wait and see!
image ID: a pixel-art style badge that reads Flowering Contestant. the badge and text are blue, with small green leaves sprouting from the bottom-right corner. end ID.
image ID: a silhouette of another pixel-art badge. it is entirely black, with several floral details obscured. there is a white question mark in the middle. end ID.

Back
Top Bottom