• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

The person making the video seems to be very misinformed.

The “anime-exclusive renders” are not made specifically for the anime. They’re used in all kinds of merchandise, many of them not related to the anime.

Also, every Pokemon (as far as I know) gets that type of art, even Pokémon that have never/will never get animated, like the Porygon line.

The Team Star plot doesn't need to be adapted for Penny to show up, though: Team Rocket's storyline from the Kanto games was never adapted and that didn't stop the organization from not just having multiple appearances, but three of its members became the recurring antagonists for the main hero throught the entirety of the anime's run even in Generations where Team Rocket's game counterparts were near-irrelevant.

Besides, hasn't Penny already been teased by the openings anyway? She could very easily show off the entire Eevee line (or at least all of them besides Umbreon, since that's already Spinel's main Pokemon) without having to do the Team Star Plot.

Even all of this aside, Liko already has a Hatenna that could potentially evolve and cover the Fairy-type on her team, so IF Liko were to get an Eeveelution it'd be far more preferable for it to be one who's type doesn't overlap with any of her other captures (which so far would rule out Leafeon, Espeon, and Sylveon as candidates for Liko's hypothetical Eevee to evolve into... and technically Umbreon too, since one of the villains has one and Liko's Floragato will obviously become a Mewscarada eventually), but with how Liko and Roy are far less into battling than Ash was I highly doubt that either of them will get a full team: at most I can see each of them make just one more capture, and as much as I love the Eevee line, it'd frankly be a lot better for them to catch Gen 9 Pokemon so that the latter don't get completely shafted like the Gen 8 batch was in Journeys.
Liko can have type overlap. Ash had type overlap on the majority of his teams, with only Johto (only counting themselves and not Ash's Kanto team which he was still actively using at the time), Hoenn, and Alola not having any. I only picked Sylveon purely as Legends ZA promotion, as it was one of the most actively promoted Gen 6 Pokémon.

Liko can have type overlap.
Never mind type overlap, who says she's even getting anything beyond 2 Pokemon in total? It's still too early to tell. Right now though, I wouldn't bet on it, especially considering Hattena's done little more than be an extension of Liko's hood.

Liko can have type overlap. Ash had type overlap on the majority of his teams, with only Johto (only counting themselves and not Ash's Kanto team which he was still actively using at the time), Hoenn, and Alola not having any. I only picked Sylveon purely as Legends ZA promotion, as it was one of the most actively promoted Gen 6 Pokémon.
Ash almost always had a full team with every series, something that we can't really sure of Liko at the moment since she is not particularly battle active. I really can't picture anyone in the cast having more than three Pokemon at most. There are other ways to showcase Sylveon without giving one to Liko.

With Ash type overlap was more forgivable because he always had a full team of six, something that's very unlikely to be the case with any of these main characters. Also, as a lot of people have already pointed out, Sylveon can be promoted in other ways besides being given to Liko. Virtually everyone has already pointed to Penny as the easiest way to showcase Sylveon, but you just move the goalposts on the basis that Team Star's plot won't be adapted... something that not only wouldn't be completely necessary, since even in the games themselves Penny still used her Eeveelution team for more than just the Team Star plotline, but there's not even any indication that we won't get the Team Star plotline in some form besides your own personal gut feeling.

The person making the video seems to be very misinformed.

The “anime-exclusive renders” are not made specifically for the anime. They’re used in all kinds of merchandise, many of them not related to the anime.

Also, every Pokemon (as far as I know) gets that type of art, even Pokémon that have never/will never get animated, like the Porygon line.
Yeah they just use the anime art style. Probably exists as a "Just in case" and they have other things use it too because why not.

I only picked Sylveon purely as Legends ZA promotion, as it was one of the most actively promoted Gen 6 Pokémon.
You still haven’t provided any reason why Penny can’t do the Sylveon promotion rather than Liko other than “Team Star might not be adapted because we have too many plot lines.” So what? The anime has bent, contorted, altered, and rewritten game lore and plots to suit its needs. Whether it did them well is honestly irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom