• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Star Wars: Attack of the Potatoes [ENDGAME - Mafia Win!]

Postgame New
Not gonna mention, but all the remaining roles are here for everyone's persual.

The Mafia Team
1716050728447.png

Hello Exlight! You are General Sweet Potato, a cyborg who steals the weapons of those you have defeated. Your abilities are as follows:
  • Role Thief - During the day phase you can choose a player to learn their ability, that night you may use it however you wish. It disappears next day phase. You cannot pick the same person consecutive nights.
  • 1x Roleblocker - Stops a player of your choice from acting on one night phase.
You are aligned with the Sweet Potatoes, you will win when there are no threats to your faction's supremacy.
1716050741215.png

Hello Space! You are Emperor Palpa-tater, the secret mastermind pulling the strings of the Potato War. Your abilities are as follows:
  • Godfather - If you are checked by a cop, you will come back as town.
  • 1x Lynchproof - If you are lynched during the day, you will survive once.
  • 2x Mailman - You may send 2 anonymous messages to any player at the start of any phase, it can say anything you'd like in them.
You are aligned with the Sweet Potatoes, you will win when there are no threats to your faction's supremacy.
1716050752743.png

Hello Elieson! You are Count Spudku, a former member of the Republic of Potatoes gone rogue. Your abilities are as follows:
  • 1x Duelist - Once per game during the day phase you can choose one player, both yourself and that player are the only ones capable of being voted for that day.
  • Framer - Every night phase you may choose a player, that player will appear as scum to anyone who investigates them.

Remaining Town:
1716050773996.png

Hello Pikochu! You are Ashoka Spudano a padawn that is helping in the front lines of the Potato Wars. Your abilities are as follows:
  • Innocent Child - It will be announced Day 1 that you are aligned alongside town. However your vote only counts for a half.
  • 1x Watcher - Once per game in the night phase, you may choose a player, you will see who visits them that night phase.
You are a member of the Republic of Potatoes, you win by removing any and all threats towards your faction.
1716050820090.png

Hello Pigrider09! You are Anakin Potatowalker, a brilliant young Jedi who is a very capable warrior. Your abilities are as follows:
  • TFPTSLBOOIA - Every night you may choose a player and shoot them, this action has a 25% chance of failing. However, you can holster your shot and aim, this will cause your next shot to always hit a scum and only have a 25% chance to hit town. You also have a 25% chance not to be killed at night.
  • 1x Vengeful - If your wife Padmé Spudmídala is killed and you are still alive your next action will automatically assume you aimed the previous night. This will not remove your previous aim if you holstered the last night.
You are a member of the Republic of Potatoes, you win by removing any and all threats towards your faction.

Thank you everyone for playing, hope you had some fun in this rather short game!

Anyone who wants more mafia, please check out Helperman's game currently in signups.

Last edited:
I’d like insight as to the design of this game, as giving mafia access to what is essentially a DayVig (duelist) and a role copycat (on the Pumpkin) are interesting (IMO poorly thought out) gamedesign/balance choices, and the ITP was only ever destined to make one side of the game wayyy more healthy than the other.

I’d also like to know why the watcher, was attached to the one role that should have been 100% intended as the target for being watched, and why the scumteam had 2 ways to prevent a member of their team from being lynched.

The game seems like it was designed first for the ITP and then for everything else. The SK Hunter is a neat role, but not when the antitown is so ridiculously good at staying alive and dealing with town’s scattered and uncoordinatable limited use powers. Oh yea, who was Snowy’s pool to eliminate btw? Lissi, i heard Space in discord, but #3? Why were there three target in the pool anyway?

The balance of the game was fairly close to good though IMO. The Parity cop: I loved. Change the Pumpkin to be a DayVig and change the RoleThief to not copy powers that work during the day, and it loses out on copying the Lynchproof from its scumbud, the Mayor/Loved vote, the Lovers death feature, and the DayVig. Flip the Watcher and Roleblocker effects but keep the passives. Bam; game is way more balanced, and the role structure is effectively the same. LoverNeighbors were interesting but way too powerloaded with how easy they were to dispatch.

I’ve also got some beefs with Jamie doing a brunt of the work as a MOD, rather than Potato doing the brunt of the work as the game’s actual designer. The sass regarding the ITP flip was completely unnecessary. It boggles me how instead of simply saying “oh, i see what you mean elie, but the intent of the role was to be X. Sorry for wording it this way” you chose to basically leave the words out there and say “just deal with it I’m tired” as the response to the game. It’s Potato’s game, Potato’s lore and flavor and Potato’s design that all went into this game existing. I got the feel that Potato didnt really want to deal with the responsibility of hosting this game. That’s a weird and discouraging feeling for a player to feel.

Tldr, I enjoyed the game setup and puzzle solving. Lack of activity aside, it was fine. A few gripes here and there. Ok/10 game; I didn’t shoot my wife.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom