The Pokémon Company sees record setting financial performance in 2020 financial year.
- Sales: ¥120 billion Japanese yen (~$1.1 billion US Dollars)
- Gross profit: ¥55.84 billion Japanese yen (~$510.4 million US Dollars)
- Operating profit: ¥27.8 billion Japanese yen (~$254.2 million US Dollars)
- Operating income: ¥27.97 billion Japanese yen (~$255.7 million US Dollars)
- Net profit: ¥18.63 billion Japanese yen (~$170.3 million US Dollars)
- Earned surplus: ¥79.545 billion Japanese yen (~$727.1 million US Dollars)
While these represent record figures for the company, it's likely that 2021 may reach even higher. Consumers' pandemic induced discretionary spending, as seen in the continuing shortages for Pokémon TCG products, is expected to continue throughout the 2021 financial year, and the company will also benefit from the release of a number of major Pokémon titles, including the already released New Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl in November, and Pokémon Legends: Arceus in January 2022.