2021's Season's Greetings Event returns to Pokémon Masters EX alongside Seasonal Scouts; Father or Foe story arrives in Legendary Adventures
Story Event: Season's Greetings
This seasonal event, which originally ran for New Year's 2021, showcases Lillie and Lance decked out in special kimono to spread the joy of the new year, delivering greeting cards to family and friends throughout Pasio. Several event missions tied into the event which unlock stories featuring the pair during the event period. Players will earn Daruma Card, Koma Card, Temari Card, and Hagiota Card items for completing stages within the event, which can be exchanged for a variety of in-game rewards. Special badges and other in-game rewards, including 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets, can also be earned from battle completion rewards and from missions.
As usual for events of this type, players will have an increased chance of receiving bonus rewards if they take on event battles using teams that feature specific sync pairs. The more of these sync pairs that players place in their lineup, the greater the bonus received. The applicable Sync Pairs and reward rates are as follows:
- Main Character & Pikachu, Main Character & Torchic, Skyla & Swanna, Bugsy & Beedrill, Noland & Pinsir, Viola & Surksit: + 20% (1.2) bonus items
- Blue & Pidgeot, Nate & Braviary, Guzma & Golisopod, Lusamine & Pheromosa, Burgh & Leavanny: +40% (x1.4) bonus items
- Lance (New Year's 2021) & Gyarados, Lillie (New Year's 2021) & Ribombee: +60% (x1.6) bonus items
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- Ultimate Card Collection can only be completed 1 time per day, with the daily limit resetting at 10:00pm (PST).
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- Remaining Darma Card, Koma Card, Temari card, and Hagoita Card items will be automatically converted to coins at the end of this event, with 10 coins per remaining item being delivered to players in their Present Boxes.
This Lillie and Lance Seasonal Scout banner gives players the opportunity to receive the 5★ Sync Pairs originally released for New Year's 2021.
These Seasonal Scouts will both run until January 17th at 9:59pm (PST).
The Father or Foe event featuring Ghetsis & Kyurem has been added to the Legendary Adventures, and is a permanent addition to the main story. Version 2.15.0 of Pokémon Masters EX added Legendary Adventures to the Main Story menu, allowing players to play past Legendary Events whenever they like. Players can receive Ghetsis & Kyurem through completing stages from this storyline, regardless of if they played the original Legendary Event. Completing this Legendary Adventure will also allow players to collect custom vouchers and custom ★ Power-Ups to increase the potential and move level of Ghetsis & Kyurem. Players who have already completed the original Father or Foe Legendary Event and have received all of the rewards can instead exchange the rewards from this Legendary Adventure for 5★ Power-Ups and other items.
Champion Stadium will be rotating back to Johto until February 6th, 9:59PM (PST), giving players the opportunity to challenge the Indigo Elite 4 of Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen, together with the Champion Lance. Trainers can unlock Master Mode by completing the challenge using Sync Pairs from all 18 types. This mode allows players to face more challenging battles against the Elite 4, and gives special rewards including the ability to unlock 6★ EX potential for sync pairs, and in-game badge that signifies this accomplishment. Battle completion status and Master Mode progress will reset again with the next region rotation.