Details announced for the in-person Pokémon GO Fest 2022 event to be held in Sapporo, Japan from August 5-7
This event will be split into two sessions; the Morning session and Afternoon session. Trainers who purchase a ticket can choose which part of the day they like to experience in each session.
- A ticket for the morning session offers an event experience within Nakajima Park from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and a city event experience from 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
- A ticket for the afternoon session offers the city event experience from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and the park event experience from 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
During the citywide event experience, ticket-holding Trainers will experience event-exclusive gameplay in Sapporo. Event gameplay will not be available to ticket-holding Trainers outside Sapporo.
For ticket holders only
Nakajima Park event experience
There will be four real-world habitats (two of which are unique to the Sapporo event). Each habitat will have its own Collection Challenge. The following Pokémon will be in each habitat:
- Dreamy Mindscape: Drowzee, Snorlax, Teddiursa, and Litwick.
- Living Meadow: Galarian Ponyta, Scyther, Yanma, and Pansage.
- Frozen Lake: Alolan Vulpix, Lapras, Snorunt, and Panpour.
- Athletic Park: Machop, Hitmontop, Chimchar, and Pansear.
Event-exclusive Special Research will be available, complete them to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Sky Forme Shaymin. Make up to six Special Trades, and enjoy a reduced Stardust cost for every trade made in the park. An exclusive version of the Pokémon GO Fest 2022 T-shirt will be available for sale on Pokémon Center Online on May 26th and will arrive at Pokémon Center stores on May 28th.
Citywide event experience within Sapporo
Pokémon from the four habitats will be appearing in the wild. A second Special Research story will be available, featuring a reward encounter with a Pokémon that has yet to appear in Pokémon GO. Claim up to nine total daily Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms. Team GO Rocket balloons will be appearing more often, and defeating Team GO Rocket Grunts will reward twice as many Mysterious Components.
Both the city and park event experiences
There will be event-themed Field Research tasks. Take a snapshot at the event for a surprise encounter. Eggs will require one-half their normal Hatch Distance. Get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts. Confetti will be appearing on the in-game map.
The optional add-ons similar to the Berlin event will also be in this event. These add-ons can only be purchased together with the live event ticket and cannot be added later. These add-on bonuses will be active only during the event dates and within the Pokémon GO Fest location indicated on the ticket. These add-ons include:
- Raid Lover (+¥1,200) – Get up to 12 in-person Raid Passes total for each day by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms, an additional 5,000 XP after every raid completed successfully, and six additional Candy and three additional Candy XL after catching Pokémon in five-star raids.
- Critical Hatch! (+¥1,200) – Hatch Eggs in 1/4 the normal distance (this bonus does not stack with other similar bonuses), and earn double the XP, double the Candy, and double the Stardust for hatching Eggs.