Bug- and Steel-Type Egg Event launches in Pokémon Masters EX - New event missions for Legendary Arena Azelf
Bug- and Steel-Type Egg Event
In this event, which is running until November 22nd, at 9:59pm (PST), players will be able to receive Eggs from Professor Bellis that will hatch into one of a selection of Bug- or Steel-Type Pokémon. The Pokémon that can be hatched from these Eggs includes Scyther, Magnemite, Pinsir, Paras, and Venonat, with the first three of these having the possibility of being Shiny. One limited-time incubator will also be added to Bellis's Lab for the duration of this event. If an Egg is still in the limited-time incubator when the event ends, the limited-time incubator will remain active until that Egg hatches.
As usual for events of this type, several special missions will be available during the event period. Players will have an increased chance of receiving Eggs if they take on event battles using teams that feature specific sync pairs. The more of these sync pairs are placed in the lineup, the higher the Egg reward rate will be.
The applicable Sync Pairs and Egg reward rates are as follows:
- Bug- and Steel-Type Main Character Sync Sairs: +80% (×1.8) Egg Reward Rate
- Main Character Sync Pairs: +40% (×1.4) Egg Reward Rate
- Other Bug- and Steel-Type Sync Pairs: +20% Egg Reward Rate (×1.2)
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- Players cannot receive Eggs from Professor Bellis by completing areas outside of this event during this event period.
Additional event missions have been added for Legendary Arena Azelf for a limited time, offering trainers an opportunity to earn an 1,000 gems by completing specific challenges.
In the Legendary Arena, trainers must complete a set of challenges using up to 30 sync pairs. Originally only available as time-limited events, the Arena was opened permanently following the September 2022 update, allowing players to challenge these battles wenever they like.
Azelf was the fourth Pokémon to be added to the Legendary Arena. It is weak to Bug-type moves. Azelf's passive skills greatly reduce physical damage it takes during the first 50% of each HP bar, and greatly reduce special damage during the second 50%. On Azelf's third bar, these bonuses extending to reducing damage from sync moves too. On the very hard difficulty and while in the third HP bar, Azelf also has the Piercing Gaze passive skill, allowing its moves to always hit.
To challenge the Legendary Arena, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 2: Defeat Team Break! (Normal) in single-player.