First details released on the Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates expansion for the Pokémon TCG, launching internationally from January 26th next year
Following in the footsteps of the Hidden Fates and Shining Fates special sets in the previous two generations of the Trading Card Game, this set sees Shiny Pokémon making their return to the game, with reprints of a range of Pokémon from all previous Scarlet & Violet series expansions, now with new artwork depicting the Pokémon's shiny variant. Selected Shiny Pokémon in this set will also receive the full art treatment.
Players can expect the set to include the following:
- 11 Shiny Pokémon ex
- 7 Tera Pokémon ex and 3 Tera Pokémon ex
- 3 illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokémon
- 8 special illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokémon ex and Supporter cards
- 6 hyper rare Pokémon ex, with a new and unique raised foil effect
As usual, Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates will be available for players of the Pokémon TCG Live app one day ahead of the physical release, on January 25th, 2024. Given this lines up perfectly with the end of the current Paradox Rift Battle Pass, players should expect this new set to receive a Battle Pass of its own, though the contents of this are yet to be announced.
Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates will be available across the typical variety of formats. This set's Elite Trainer Box, which released on January 26th, features a Shiny Mimikyu, and includes nine boosters together with the usual assortment of energy cards, card sleeves, and other gameplay accessories. Special versions of this Elite Trainer Box will also be available through Pokémon Center in the US, Canada, and the UK. These special versions contain two additional booster packs, and as well as an additional copy of the included illustration rare style promo card of Mimikyu, featuring the Pokémon Center logo.
Also available at launch alongside the Elite Trainer Boxes is a Tech Sticker Collection, including three Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates booster packs, along with a Shiny promo card and matching large sticker for personalizing laptops, tablets and other tech devices, featuring either Fidough, Maschiff or Greavard
Several additional products will be releasing for this set nearly two weeks later on February 9th, 2024:
- A Mini Tin Collection, with each tin including two Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates booster packs, a sticker sheet, and one art card matching the tin, featuring either Maushold, Smoliv, Tinkatink, Finizen or Flamigo.
- A Tin Collection, with each tin including four Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates booster packs, and a Shiny Pokémon ex promo card featuring either Tera Charizard ex, Great Tusk ex, or Iron Treads ex.
- Three Premium Collection boxes, with each box including eight Scarlet & Violet - Paldean Fates booster packs, two Shiny promo cards, one Shiny Pokémon ex promo card featuring either Meowscarada ex, Skeledirge ex or Quaquaval ex; one corresponding oversize Shiny Pokémon ex card; and one three-card display.
Booster Packs and Booster Bundle
Elite Trainer Boxes
Mini Tin Collection
Designs for the Great Tusk ex and Iron Treads ex tins have not yet been released.
Tech Sticker Collections