• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Sexuality (in 10+ years)

Ash's Sexuality in 10 years

• Straight

Votes: 78 41.5%
  • Gay

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • Still Asexual

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Dead/other

Votes: 30 16.0%

• Total voters
Re: Ash's Sexuality

Topics like these generally assume Ash is still 10.

Let's revolve our answers around that scenario, if you would please...since he's obviously /not/ in his twenties, say the writers.

Ash clearly reproduces asexually. How else do you explain Richie?

Hey, don't forget Arnold!

Roronoa Zorua said:
Let's revolve our answers around that scenario, if you would please...since he's obviously /not/ in his twenties, say the writers.

I think you misunderstood the point of the thread - it's to make hypotheses about Ash's sexuality when he does turn 23.

But then again, if that's the case, then people like Dawn and Misty would also be in their twenties by then. So Envoy is still wrong... >_>

I said that they would show no explicit homosexuality as in a kiss with Gary/Paul/Brock/Professor Oak/anyone male would be too controversial and would not show up. I am talking about subtext and implications instead.

And is Harley not gay enough?

As much as I want to believe that Ash may be bisexual, I think that in the upcoming years he'll remain as neutral to love as he ever was...He'll probably be the champion of a million regions by then and have little care for the ladies/men >_>. Who needs bitches when you have power?

Why would Misty care? She got her bike in the end :p
Bah Both May and Dawn just has that as an excuse to travel with AshXD
Ask for which hey'll end up, well if any one were to turn him onto guys it'd have to be Paul. So far that hasn't happened LOL. I feel maybe he's confused at the moment cuz he's still oblivous to love.

I...agree with this post *is clubbed*

Ash- 25 yrs old: "Mom, I want a kid. Where do babies come from?"

Therefore, straight

I think you misunderstood the point of the thread - it's to make hypotheses about Ash's sexuality when he does turn 23.
I actually didn't. For Ash to age to adulthood, you have to assume he currently isn't an adult now. Because if he's an adult now, then his sexuality would have to be based on now....which is the same sexuality he had at the beginning of the series: a brush of heterosexuality and a dump truck of Dense.

So yeah, Envoy assuming he's in his 20s canonically (when he's still kid-size) doesn't fit with the idea of the sexuality he will grow into...since he clearly still needs to grow up and out.

Basically: Ash is "10". Assume he's ten now, and imagine him later (as the topic asks). Don't assume he ages per region or season (or it throws it all off).

The only time Ash has ever shown clear attraction to any character was Giselle, in like the 9th or 10th episode. {fuck off shippers}

Base on that I think it's safe to assume Ash is straight or at least bisexual.

Ash is not 25 years old.
The Pokemon owner confirmed himself that he has been 10 years old.
Whether or not the new owner of Pokemon changes that is up to him but that's after D/P has already happened. So its not sick to ship Dawn/Ash bahaha. Any who just clearing the little facts up folks.

Ash- 25 yrs old: "Mom, I want a kid. Where do babies come from?"

Therefore, straight
I don't see how that's proof he's straight. It just proves he's stupid.

For all we know it can wind up:

"Mommy, me and Brock have been trying to make babies but I'm not getting pregnant (>'=)"

I said that they would show no explicit homosexuality as in a kiss with Gary/Paul/Brock/Professor Oak/anyone male would be too controversial and would not show up. I am talking about subtext and implications instead.

And is Harley not gay enough?

When I think of "explicit", kissing doesn't come to mind. In what world is that "explicit sexuality"?

Like I said, people need to stop with the stupid double standard.

But the only kisses of ANY sort I remember in the entire series were Latios kissing Ash and Meowth being forced to kiss a Snorlax.

I don't see how that's proof he's straight. It just proves he's stupid.

For all we know it can wind up:

"Mommy, me and Brock have been trying to make babies but I'm not getting pregnant (>'=)"

In order to have a kid, he'll need a lady. Wooo. Straight

In order to have a kid, he'll need a lady.

Adoption says "Hello". Plus having a child =/= Heterosexual.

It's impossible to tell his sexuality. He's a dense ten year old who only cares about Pokemon. Give him a few years and he might care, unless he's an aromantic aseuxal (which has been disproved by Giselle).

Adoption says "Hello". Plus having a child =/= Heterosexual.

It's impossible to tell his sexuality. He's a dense ten year old who only cares about Pokemon. Give him a few years and he might care, unless he's an aromantic aseuxal (which has been disproved by Giselle).

It was a joke >>"

Either way, I see it as this:

Ash is sexually romantically attracted to women

Ash is semi-attracted in males, in the way that he can relate them to them more

In short, we have no clue until he properly goes through pupberty

Which will never happen

i chose "dead"

i'm a fan of the coma theory, albeit a semi-different coma theory than the one most people are familiar with

When I think of "explicit", kissing doesn't come to mind. In what world is that "explicit sexuality"?

Like I said, people need to stop with the stupid double standard.

But the only kisses of ANY sort I remember in the entire series were Latios kissing Ash and Meowth being forced to kiss a Snorlax.

As you might know if you looked in the soapbox, I am neutral towards homosexuality. As in, I will do absolutely nothing to stop this "stupid double standard" and, as I have said, they will not show outright on the show if Ash is in a romantic relationship with Brock/Gary/Paul/whomever. I am stating a fact of a child-friendly series that is being aired in places like the American South and Utah, both of which would throw fits if the series showed explicit homosexual relations. Which would mean less money. The companies don't care about social reform, they care about money. Now perhaps we should end this debate.

And I am assuming for the question that Ash is 20-25. Besides, wouldn't Ash have learned about sex by that point anyway?

I'll just say he's straight but I will lol if at the end of the anime, he's shown in his 20s with his arms around Gary as they stare as the sun sets over a sparkling blue ocean. How romantic.

But yeah, there's no telling what gender this kid's into. I probably should just say asexual, but who knows. I wasn't crazy about either gender when I was his age either so... yeah. I don't think I'm going to vote though. It's a toss up between straight, asexual, and possibly bisexual for me I guess.

In order to have a kid, he'll need a lady. Wooo. Straight

Hence Ash's stupidity.

"Mom, I want a kid. Where do babies come from?" doesn't mean he's straight. It means he's dumb. Besides after getting an answer, his response could be "Ew, I don't want one anymore"

He should just adopt is he wants a kid but here's a more Ash like question

"Hey where do pokemon eggs come from?"

Hence Ash's stupidity.

"Mom, I want a kid. Where do babies come from?" doesn't mean he's straight. It means he's dumb. Besides after getting an answer, his response could be "Ew, I don't want one anymore"

I like this idea best. That one episode in season 1 is way too much of an isolated event. Given it was never referenced again, I think it was just that they hadn't totally worked out his character yet. I think this sums his priorities up nicely.
Misty: "Don't you know that love is the most important thing in the world?"
Ash: "Not as important as catching pokemon."

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom