• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2W2 Gym Leaders confirmed: Revealed on B2W2 guidebook cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the others, im disappointed they didn't change their clothes or get a few more replacement leaders, but i digress. Here's to hoping their rosters are updated at least.

12 gym leaders is just total overkill. Never want.
What, so 12 gym leaders is overkill, but 16 isn't?

That was spread between 2 regions, Unova is just one continent/country. Besides, the other 8 leaders weren't even mandatory to go up against. So yes, overkill.

They clearly kept both Skyla and Elesa for fanservice reasons.

Yes! New gym leaders!

Doesn't it worry anyone that Pokemon Black and White 2 is coming out in a week(Japan) and we don't even know what order the gym leaders are in, not to mention where they live, or almost anything about Pkmn B/W 2?
We don't usually learn about the order of the Gym Leaders until people start getting the game, as the instruction booklet tells you. We only know the first 2, which is more than previously.

Also, I imagine GameFreak wanted to keep most of it a surprise.

They clearly kept both Skyla and Elesa for fanservice reasons.
I'm not complaining =3

Yes! New gym leaders!

Doesn't it worry anyone that Pokemon Black and White 2 is coming out in a week(Japan) and we don't even know what order the gym leaders are in, not to mention where they live, or almost anything about Pkmn B/W 2?
Not really. The gym leader order isn't really all that vital, plus we don't even know the way you progress through Unova in BW2 in the first place. Besides, the fact that it is coming out in under a week (people who have pre-ordered it should get it by Thursday or Friday) means that we don't have to be worried - and the more stuff we discover in the coming weeks after BW2 is released, the better.

yourlilemogirl said:

That was spread between 2 regions, Unova is just one continent/country. Besides, the other 8 leaders weren't even mandatory to go up against. So yes, overkill.
Uh, I think the other 8 gym leaders were mandatory, seeing as you couldn't face Red otherwise. Plus, if you did all of Johto, why wouldn't you finish the game and battle the other 8 gym leaders anyway?

Eh..I was expecting Burgh and Skyla to look different...

I still don't understand why everyone believes others won't get redesigned when Skyla has a different design in the games as well.

I know two years isn't a long time, but the gym leaders in Kanto managed to change a little bit after three years (from Gen I to Gen II). It would be unrealistic to assume that Elesa is the only "BW-original" GL to have changed in appearance over the past two years.

If Cilan is not in this game, I'm not sure if I will still buy it or not. Unless, the previous Striaton Gym Leaders are revealed as the Shadow Triad.

A bit disappointed to not see Iris among them, I was really hoping for her to be the successor of Drayden, but unfortunately not. Oh well, wouldn't mind having her as an Elite Four though. Dragon-trainers tend to be very hard and defeat, and battling her if she was an Elite Four member would surely be a challenge.

I'm happy to see Elesa, Skyla and Arti, and although I pretty much knew it I must say that I'm still sad that Lenora isn't in these games neither. Oh well, hopefully Homika, Shizui and Cheren will be nice replacements.

GUYS GUYS GUYS. This TOTALLY means that the Striaton Triplets = Shadow Triad.

Anyway, I am a bit disappointed the other gym leaders didn't get new art. Also I'm a bit surprised that Iris didn't take over the gym from Drayden.

Watch, the Striaton brothers make up three of the four members of the Elite 4. The final member is Lenora, and the champion is Iris.

I love Elesa's updated artwork.

Bit disappointed that Drayden still doesn't have a cape, though. D:

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I want main series Pokemon games to be longer. I think their current length is fine, but the more the better when it comes to Pokemon games.

GSC/HGSS was different because there were only 8 gym leaders per region. What I meant is, 12 *or* 16 gym leaders before the damn Elite 4 is overkill.

Last edited:
Okay, I was going to vent my disappointment about the lack of new artwork, but several people have already done that; instead I'll add that 1) N still got new artwork even though his design looks the same, 2) I was hoping to see Aloe/Lenora with a design more appropriate for a librarian, and 3) Iris getting axed in favor of Shaga/Drayden being Gym Leader in both versions is rather backwards: it'd make more sense for Iris, being younger, to replace Drayden in Black 2, than be replaced by him in White 2. Then again, we won't know everything for sure until the game actually comes out.

*cough*Fuuro*cough*Skylashouldn'thavetobeafashionmodeltogetnewclothes*cough*

Oh, and that Ghost/Bug thing on the type chart probably is a typo. :p

Last edited:
Final thing Shadow Triad says in BW: "Never shall we meet again. Farewell!"
Striaton Trio in B2W2: "Hey let's quit our jobs as Gym Leaders so no one can know where we are. lolololo"

Honestly, I would have loved 12 or 16 gym leaders. That's one of the things I loved about GSC/HGSS. (though where to put them all would be the question. Gen II had two regions to space things out and an Elite Four in-between, Gen V doesn't have that luxury.) It would make up for the decrease in difficultly they had this gen.

The lack of the Striaton Bros...I can't say I'm truly sad over it. Yes I like them, but that's mostly due to their anime counterparts. Plus they weren't as involved as other gym leaders in the story. though as others have already noted this absence may give credence to the Striaton-Bros=Shadow-Triad theory. *crosses fingers*

Here's hoping for new outfits for everyone, not just a few of the gym leaders~
Bit disappointed that Drayden still doesn't have a cape, though. D:
You and me both. :(

I'm not too disheartened that there aren't any more new Gym Leaders, though I was hoping for re-designs for all of the returning ones. It doesn't make sense to me that Elesa gets new art, but the others don't. I get that she is a model and all... but, you know, regular people change their clothes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom