• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

Worst assumption ever. People make this too often but it’s less common than people think. I don’t tell my scum buds to stop anything unless I think it will truly cost us the whole game.
Them suddenly stopping is just gonna incriminate them more, I’d expect most scum would leave them to it as it takes the attention off of them.

Anyways, I got a blueprint and tried to peek last night, but I got stopped by something I’m not sure is the name of a role or another blueprint. If it’s a blueprint, I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet

Now I’m wondering if blueprints could be built but someone could have a way to stop it from being announced?

after a google search, the name is related to silent hill. Yeah, it’s safe to assume.

Ok so lissi most likely got blocked by whoever has the silent hill blueprint

I wonder if it’s a random blocker or if it’s targeted?
Either way seems like a scum role to me

Though, there isn't really a reason for Town to build blueprints at Night. I expect most roles are either passive or Night, meaning you can peek at your blueprint N1, safely build it D2 (assuming it's something you want), then be able to use it N2.
Dunno. If you have no other role to use at Night and want to build it, you might as well build it, right? I don't think there's much of a difference as to when you do it right now.
It would be a little odder in late game since people would probably have more roles, but I don't think this is indicative of anything, exactly.
Now I’m wondering if blueprints could be built but someone could have a way to stop it from being announced?
Like some kind of building janitor? It's a possibility. I could see how that would be useful, especially for Town.

Take your time @Calvinッ but when you see this: when a building is successfully built, are people told in their Role PMs, or is it just posted in the thread?

Hi

Sorry I’ve been busier than usual (mostly cause my energy’s been going towards researching Easter eggs and hints for the new Taylor swift album and a game on another site has been really confusing

Anyways, I got a blueprint and tried to peek last night, but I got stopped by something I’m not sure is the name of a role or another blueprint. If it’s a blueprint, I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet
What do you make of ExLight's accusation? Think it's fair?

Dunno. If you have no other role to use at Night and want to build it, you might as well build it, right? I don't think there's much of a difference as to when you do it right now.
If you have the freedom to peek at your role, you always should. You can't know whether the Mafia is trying to trick you into blowing yourself up, or something, by building a mystery blueprint.

Additionally, if there were a Role Cop, then you'd be hiding your role information from them by waiting until the Day to build your blueprint.

Take your time @Calvinッ but when you see this: when a building is successfully built, are people told in their Role PMs, or is it just posted in the thread?
They'd receive an "Action Success" (If I remember to tell them )

They'd receive an "Action Success" (If I remember to tell them )
Just adding onto this, you'd also receive the action success message if you gave away or destroyed a blueprint, typically, the only time I wouldn't say this to you regarding blueprints is if you peeked a blueprint, since assuming that action went through successfully, you'd just receive the info about the role and therefore you'd know your action worked obviously.

Will get the vote count in an ETA of about 15 minutes, just got through my door and I am sopping wet. We do adore the English weather!

Phantom kill is indeed weird. I think Othinius might be onto something in regards to the idea that scum likes the current gamestate and shot in the inactives, but I think it could also be possible that maybe they're trying to frame someone who likes killing inactives? idk. Regardless I don't think it's worth thinking about too hard. But yeah, echoing Ex, thanks for killing an inactive lol.

Vote: toastghost

I'm cool with the Stinger case for the moment, but if we're going with the theory that maf likes the current gamestate, this offers a solid alternative imo. They were rather passive D1 and very defensive when asked about "who they would shoot" for what seemed like no apparent reason.

Wish Othinius had answered my questions, but what can you do.

Vote Count: JamieIsNotBoredPlayingMafia Edition:

StormyStinger: III (Midorikawa, JamieIsBored, Othinus)
mastermind lissi: I (ExLight)
toasghost: I (TheCapsFan)

Due to me passing the ETA of 15 minutes, here is a kitten:
1713460911927.png

I'm cool with the Stinger case for the moment, but if we're going with the theory that maf likes the current gamestate, this offers a solid alternative imo. They were rather passive D1 and very defensive when asked about "who they would shoot" for what seemed like no apparent reason.
i wasn't being defensive, i was being self-preservative. saying that i want someone dead is a bad idea when the mafia could easily use that info to frame me. i was passive d1 simply because i was busy, i don't think i'm particularly known for being super pro-active in mafia anyway.

also could somebody change the title to day 2?

Back
Top Bottom