• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

We shouldn’t base all of our ideas on the last game, I’m sure Calvin will have changed the game to be more streamlined.

My opinion on this building is that it’s probably a mafia one, I haven’t played Silent Hill but I know it’s pretty spooky. Not sure what roles it could be but maybe some form of blocker (scary) or ninja (creepy monsters crawling about)?

Alright so, it’s like an evil alive town with lots of fog (I think). The Fog could be used as some sort of obscuring role, maybe Godfather? I could see it being Roleblocker too. Hell, rolestopper/ascetic is also probably pretty likely.

It’s almost certainly scum I think, some direct quotes being “a twisted town” and “appears to have a mind of its own”. What does everyone else think?

I'm not particularly familiar with Silent Hill, but I did a quick read on the wiki link that was sent.

Aside from what's been brought up, I think that Silent Hill could also be a Janitor (foggy, misty place, so potentially something that could obscure info). If we're learning into the silent part, it could also be a Silencer or a Ninja.

Alright so, it’s like an evil alive town with lots of fog (I think). The Fog could be used as some sort of obscuring role, maybe Godfather? I could see it being Roleblocker too. Hell, rolestopper/ascetic is also probably pretty likely.

It’s almost certainly scum I think, some direct quotes being “a twisted town” and “appears to have a mind of its own”. What does everyone else think?
I agree that it's most likely a Scum-related role, but maybe the fogginess could be a Town-related ascetic? Probably a long shot, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who claims Silent Hill, but it's a thought.

Didn't expect there would only be one blueprint built, so I'm assuming only one was distributed last phase? I feel like anyone who has a blueprint would build their building at this stage.

Will have to read up more on these previous editions.

Didn't expect there would only be one blueprint built, so I'm assuming only one was distributed last phase? I feel like anyone who has a blueprint would build their building at this stage.

Will have to read up more on these previous editions.
Some may have peeked last phase to see what role they could be getting before they build their blueprint.

This point was recently made against me in a ZD game actually lmao. No, I always try and get info out ASAP because Bulba is fluff city so I want to try and steer conversations onto more relevant topics ASAP with things I have worked out from the rules.
If you want some quick meta, everything to me is a performance. Comes with the charm
Fair enough on both counts. That said, I don't think it entirely satisfies my suspicion. Logically there is nothing wrong with any of these posts, but my contention was largely about how the first post was phrased - it felt somewhat superfluous to me. But that said, could be well within reason for you if you are typically performative as any alignment.
I didn't like the reaction to me asking for his thoughts either. Never once did I specify that it had to be between the two we'd voted for. It just kinda felt like he didn't want to step on anyone's toes by voting them.
Unvote
Vote: Stinger

Also, as Ex said the rolefishing was a bit weird too, after I'd already said people shouldn't reveal having a blueprint he pushes for me to claim if I have one. It feels like he thought I was under pressure from the vote on me and wanted to scout out for scum what roles town could have.
At the risk of tunnel vision, this does strike me as backfilling a little bit. I'm not really clear on why you waited until there was a vote cast against them to lay out your considerations on them, both of these points feel like they ought to have been made before you found yourself at risk of a lynch.
Othinus: Seems to be trying their best to Scumhunt, even if I don't think their reasonig lines up 100%
That said, I'm not really clear on what you're referring to here. To be transparent, I don't think any reason or read I've given is particularly iron clad. Like most players, I'm more effective as town when I have a baseline of a player to work from, perhaps moreso than most actually because most of my reads are formed through induction rather than deduction. The town reads I gave are all for behaviour that is very very easy to fake, and similarly my one scum read is behavioural analysis of a player I have no knowledge on. The purpose of my reads so far is to give me a baseline, I need to make some assumptions and stretches first, and then from there I can re-evaluate.

With that out of the way, I don't really see your issue with my reasoning. The behaviour I identified for my town reads is behaviour that is town-indicative, even if it's easy to replicate as scum. Reason being, scum tend to have a need to blend in, whereas town don't really care about things like that, so they're more likely to make posts that come across as lacking interest in how they're perceived. Part of me feels like you saying this could be some TMI on your part, because otherwise if you feel my approach isn't accurate, the town read feels pretty generous.

----

No lynch was probably a good thing. Going to add Guz to town leans for #140, I liked the input on that read because I was thinking the same thing. Also from town they fit in with some of my other town reads in that they're just chilling and not under this compulsion to look busy and productive etc.

At the risk of tunnel vision, this does strike me as backfilling a little bit. I'm not really clear on why you waited until there was a vote cast against them to lay out your considerations on them, both of these points feel like they ought to have been made before you found yourself at risk of a lynch.
I was biding my time, I had the suspicions earlier on but sat on them until I had proper reason to fully push it. Ex’s vote on Stinger happened while I was mid writing up my one which is why there’s a bit of a gap between the vote and the bit about role fishing.
it felt somewhat superfluous to me.
This is like excessive right? I would say that describes me.
Also should be noted that this implies Stormy has a blueprint themselves. Possibly means Stormy is the one who built Silent Hill?
Nice catch.

Last edited:
I was biding my time, I had the suspicions earlier on but sat on them until I had proper reason to fully push it. Ex’s vote on Stinger happened while I was mid writing up my one which is why there’s a Brit of a gap between the vote and the bit about role fishing.
Yeah, that's fair. To be honest, as soon as I sent that post I consided that I may just be too used to playing with players who spill all their thoughts out as they go, so I've mistakenly attributed biding one's time to being scum indicative when it's really just patience. I'm starting to come to StormyStinger being Scum and I don't think you'd be scum with them based on Day 1. Which is a roundabout way of saying I'm retracting my suspicion on your slot.

Some may have peeked last phase to see what role they could be getting before they build their blueprint.
Is there a benefit to peeking at your blueprint? From how I'm understanding the mechanics, both building and peeking would lead to one finding out what role it is. And building seems better - if it's a good role, then you can immediately start using it; if it's not a good role, then you can just destroy it and hope to get a better one.

As for the last day's events, I feel like both Jamie and Stormy are town. I do agree that some of their behavior seemed suspicious, but at the same time, it could easily be townie behavior too. That said, I don't think both of them would be mafia together (if one of them is mafia). Would have to see more from them over time to get a better read.

Is there a benefit to peeking at your blueprint? From how I'm understanding the mechanics, both building and peeking would lead to one finding out what role it is. And building seems better - if it's a good role, then you can immediately start using it; if it's not a good role, then you can just destroy it and hope to get a better one.
There may be buildings with negative side effects, like you becoming voteless or killing you, so you wouldn't want to build those.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mafia had a blueprint that kills you, where the intention of it is to give it to an unsuspecting Town player who builds it and kills themself.

Back
Top Bottom