• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I did something similar cuz I hadn't touched my Pokémon Y save file in ages (read: the most recent save date was 2015) and never actually beat the game, but I also couldn't bear to delete my OG save. So instead I just dumped and installed my physical copy of Pokémon Y digitally and started a new game there instead. Still got my OG save data on the cartridge and my new and current game is digital.

Gonna do the same with Pokémon Moon too, but I need to upgrade my microSD though. Only have a 32 GB one with like 9 GB free space left, gonna get myself a 128 GB one as an upgrade.
I had hesitated deleting my file for years because I had completed my national pokedex. It makes no sense to regret the past but it embarrassing that I named my character Winston (after Churchill) and that I named my story team after former US Presidents. All I can imagine was that I was extremely annoying in 2013.

I had held on to that save file because it was the last time I played Pokemon with many friends but those friends turned out not to be friends. Making that clean break with the past has only made it easier to keep moving forward. I don't care if its too much information, I like this anonymous soundboard.

I do think it's great how this forum is still active though, and it's active active too. I've seen some forums that I used to post on that are 'active' in the sense that they're still online and functional, but there's barely anyone left posting there and it might be literal weeks (or even more) between posts.

It's good cause I genuinely prefer forums over all the different things that have come around to try and replace them. I'm not gonna go on a huge rant about this but I will just say this: Discord is not and never will be a replacement for internet forums. Stop shutting down your forums and replacing them with goddamn Discord servers.
a bit late but i really agree with this. i grew up using forums, my life when i was younger (since i of course had nothing else to do) revolved around the forums i used. i've always found them so much more comfortable to use than discord servers; it feels much more acceptable to just "jump in" to random threads and such, while i always feel such incredible anxiety when it comes to speaking in discord servers just at all. i always feel like i'm interrupting any conversation i think about joining. they feel so much more intimidating too! i also think forums are so much easier to use than discord servers, and offer quite a bit more personalisation than discord servers do. they're a lot easier to find, too. i can kind of see why discord servers have become so popular, since they're a little easier to manage, but at the same time i wish forums would make a comeback.

I obviously have Discord, I mean it's why there's a Discord logo there on my posts - but here's the thing: I am active in one server and that's it. And it's not even a server with hundreds or thousands of users, there's like 12 of of us and it's just a group chat that formed out of a subforum of a Transformers forum I post on.

(And I talk to a couple other people 1-on-1 of course)

I have less than zero interest in joining a server with tons of people in it.

i can kind of see why discord servers have become so popular, since they're a little easier to manage, but at the same time i wish forums would make a comeback.
goodness, yes. it's really a shame that forums have.... really tanked in the last 10 or so years. x.x even as i try to explore other forums to hang out in, there's really not a whole lot out there in regards to other nintendo/video games/pokemon forums in general. it's sad, really. u_u

I didn't lose it, but it's been at the repair shop getting fixed since July and it should have been an easy fix - it just needed a keyboard replacement (the 'D' key stopped working) and a new DC-in (it stopped working, so I couldn't charge it cuz obviously if the thing you plug the AC adapter into ain't working, I can't charge my laptop)

But now it's nearly the end of November and it's still not ready and it's not just frustrating for me, its frustrating for the guy who's fixing it because we've gone to him for years and he knows us too. And it's all this crap that's been going on like it took him ages to even get the right keyboard because they kept sending him the wrong ones and none of the different DC-ins he's tried work. He even got another tech to look at it and they say the motherboard is dead, but I don't see how my mobo can be dead when the laptop was still working when I brought it in. I just couldn't charge it (or type the letter 'd')

At this point, I feel I should just say 'To hell with it' and get a new laptop but I am a capital G Gaymer. I have a gayming laptop, for all my gay and gaming needs. Those are more expensive and I'm not gonna downgrade to a non-gayming laptop. Ugh.

I didn't lose it, but it's been at the repair shop getting fixed since July and it should have been an easy fix - it just needed a keyboard replacement (the 'D' key stopped working) and a new DC-in (it stopped working, so I couldn't charge it cuz obviously if the thing you plug the AC adapter into ain't working, I can't charge my laptop)

But now it's nearly the end of November and it's still not ready and it's not just frustrating for me, its frustrating for the guy who's fixing it because we've gone to him for years and he knows us too. And it's all this crap that's been going on like it took him ages to even get the right keyboard because they kept sending him the wrong ones and none of the different DC-ins he's tried work. He even got another tech to look at it and they say the motherboard is dead, but I don't see how my mobo can be dead when the laptop was still working when I brought it in. I just couldn't charge it (or type the letter 'd')

At this point, I feel I should just say 'To hell with it' and get a new laptop but I am a capital G Gaymer. I have a gayming laptop, for all my gay and gaming needs. Those are more expensive and I'm not gonna downgrade to a non-gayming laptop. Ugh.

i feel like if it's taking several months to fix things that shouldn't take more than a few weeks to get parts and fix for (accounting for ordering and delivery from vendors) then... i'd be close to saying screw it too tbh

Is it not still here…?

I end Up refreshing A lot to see new notifications… is that not supposed to happen??
I don't know the proper tech term so I'll say host but before this new one, things would be static until one refreshed. It was fun reloading and seeing notifications, but it was a big reason people used Skype to message each other. A forum is still a forum but it kinda feels like any other social media site with real time notifications. This is my oldness showing and not a legitimate complaint so pay no mind.
I’d say take it back from them since they're taking this long. Did you back up anything on an external hard drive for example?

i feel like if it's taking several months to fix things that shouldn't take more than a few weeks to get parts and fix for (accounting for ordering and delivery from vendors) then... i'd be close to saying screw it too tbh
Yeah plus with the current time of year, doing some good deals on laptops right now for the holidays.

I’d say take it back from them since they're taking this long. Did you back up anything on an external hard drive for example?
Nah.

Like I do have an external hard drive but that was the drive from my old laptop and I never transferred the files to my new one for reasons (tl;dr old laptop had a 1 TB mechanical drive, new laptop originally came with a measly 256 GB SSD. I'd since upgraded it to a 1 TB one but wanted to get a second 2 TB SSD cuz there's an unused 2.5 inch bay for a SATA drive. I know SATA isn't as fast as NVME but I mean still faster than a mechanical drive.

Besides if it turns out that the other tech who he brought in to look at it is right and the motherboard genuinely is dead (no idea how, it was functioning fine when the DC-in stopped working), that doesn't mean my SSD is dead. The motherboard on my first laptop died and yet obviously I could still get the data off my hard drive when I got a new laptop to replace it.

by no means am i trying to trivialize your issues with your laptop because wow, that sounds awful and i'm sorry
but for some reason this is reminding me so much of the time my brother went to europe and the airport he used lost his luggage for two months

incompetency is how... he was not very happy :/ (especially because he had college textbooks and stuff in there... because he was studying abroad during that time...)
he also had packaged food that he ended up having to throw out. also like half of his clothing was in there too

Back
Top Bottom