• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I am upset. This CD plays with glitches when I tried it on my fossil radio. The store clerk gave it to me for free because of the condition. I am upset because it was the album I wanted to hear most out of my haul. I was hoping the scratches would not be fatal.

It is what it is.

I've bought one game soundtrack off Amazon with gift card money. Does that count? Otherwise, Youtube and free uploads on Bandcamp handle most of my game music needs. I've considered purchasing some soundtracks from bandcamp but decide against it every time.

(I wanted to buy more soundtracks from Google Play Music, but that went out of business to funnel people over to Youtube Music.)

i haven't touched my spotify in about a year and some months because i lost my earbuds a while back and i've yet to buy any replacements. @__@

... it's in the plans to buy new headphones soon, because i really do miss listening to music.

they were $200 sony earbuds and i think they fell out of my pocket while i was on the bus on my way to work and.... well, that was the last time i've ever saw them. :c

just kinda. went music-less for the most part after that LOL

TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS?

Criminy, I felt weird about paying fifty bucks for my current set of headphones that I got a few weeks back. But I had to get them because I was finally sick and tired of buying cheap as hell $10 earbuds that basically would last like a year at the most and I was NOT going to get another pair like that. So instead I saw that my local Best Buy had some $100 headphones on sale for $50 as part of their pre-Black Friday sales and I figured 'Well obviously these ain't gonna be top of the line audiophile headphones but they're certainly gonna be miles better than the cheap earbuds I've been using', so I bought them.

And hey, they're pretty cool. I actually hate wireless headphones and earbuds but these are the rare type of wireless ones that I don't mind because they come with a cable so you can use them plugged in (and you don't need to drain the battery that way). And if the actual cable breaks or something, I can use them wirelessly until I get a replacement cable. Also got active-noise cancelling, which is genuinely great for me considering I have sensory problems when it comes to noise. It's so fricking nice to be able to just hit that button on my headphones and it starts blocking noise for me.

Convenience store earbuds/headphones are great, they're comfy and easy to wear. I have a pair that look like pandas to use with my 3DS since it's so old I can't use my airpods.

That being said, $200 is a pretty reasonable price for audio quality.

my general philosophy is that, for the most part, you get what you pay for in terms of audio quality. that's not to say that more expensive is always better, but more often than not i found that if i wanted a better listening experience (especially for more bass heavy music like the types i listen to), i'd have to shell out a pretty penny for that kinda stuff. i've become used to it by now.

i've been using the erjigo KZ ZSN Pro model earbuds for a while now and i've been really enjoying them. under $30, really good audio quality (at least for my standards? i'm not like an enthusiast), and they are like. intensely durable. pretty much the only earbuds i've ever had that have lasted over a year. the outer plastic sheath is very tough so it handles the occasions where i end up chewing on it well.

Talking about AirPods and other wireless devices, it's been like what 10 years since Apple got rid of the headphone jack on the iPhone (and then other companies started copying them) and I still absolutely hate companies for doing that.

Bring. Back. The. Headphone. Jack.

The headphone jack is obsolete. A few people's convenience shouldn't stop progress.

Removing options from people isn't 'progress'. My phone has a headphone jack, so does my tablet, and my laptop. They also all have Bluetooth, I can use wireless devices if I wanted to - but I can also use wired devices, which is my preference.

Without a headphone jack, you're just taking away the option from people.

There's also the fact that the batteries in wireless earbuds and headphones will eventually die and it'll all just become land waste. Good quality wired headphones can last for literal decades and still work just fine.

Removing options from people isn't 'progress'. My phone has a headphone jack, so does my tablet, and my laptop. They also all have Bluetooth, I can use wireless devices if I wanted to - but I can also use wired devices, which is my preference.

Without a headphone jack, you're just taking away the option from people.

There's also the fact that the batteries in wireless earbuds and headphones will eventually die and it'll all just become land waste. Good quality wired headphones can last for literal decades and still work just fine.
Dang that's crazy

Bring. Back. The. Headphone. Jack.
they never will, that's how they get you to buy airpods so they can make more money. by literally forcing you to <3

due to an. uh. genetic thing, i physically cannot wear earbuds. my ear canals are very very small and as such earbuds will not work for me. if i try to put them in, they just fall out; if i don't want them to fall out, i have to shove them in, which can severely damage the insides of my ears.
i have a pair of wireless headphones i received for christmas a while back but they were expensive as hell and have to be charged constantly (and i listen to music a lot). i also have a pair of regular, still very high-quality, headphones that were about a hundred bucks cheaper that i can use whenever without having to charge them twice a day.
my phone is an ancient relic and thus it possesses a headphone jack, and while i would like a new phone for many reasons, said headphone jack being gone is something i strongly dislike.
i feel like just putting a headphone jack in phones and other assorted devices isn't much of a sacrifice of progress or anything. it's just more accessible. really.

If there is any consolation to the removal of the headphone jack, it's that a lot of companies still have it on their more budget oriented phones.

Like I said, my phone has a headphone jack and it ain't even that old - it's a Moto G Stylus from 2021. I think the MSRP was like $300 when I got it back in 2021, but it was on sale at Target for $260, completely unlocked. It's got a headphone jack (and a stylus, yes I do use the stylus. Genuinely playing games where you need to tap things way easier with it VS using my fingers, same with jotting down notes and stuff)

Even the current Moto G phones all have headphone jacks. (It's a reason why I stick with Motorola phones. That and their Moto Gestures are just like absolute top notch, not even joking. You don't understand how convenient it is to be able to turn on and off the flashlight just by doing a quick chop-chop motion with your phone)

Just weird how companies will include features considered 'obsolete' like the headphone jack or microSD card support in their budget phones and not their more expensive flagship ones.

Back
Top Bottom