• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am once again hanging out at a geek convention, watching all the lookie lillies browse then not buy anything.

Update: I managed to find a Palutena amiibo and an SMT4 soundtrack so not a bad show. Now to go this entire week without money. As old people say, its better to buy when the money is there than to regret to not buying after.

Last edited:
It's silly looking back on it but I always end up crying whenever my plans get messed up and it's out of my control.
It's not silly, or at least I don't think it is. Some might think so — people in general are unkind to those who cry, especially if it's an adult who's doing so — but my advice to you would be to just screw them, basically. Everyone reacts to disappointment in many different ways, and the world is often void of both sympathy and empathy to those who do so the supposed "wrong way", or when becomes something that's inconvenient for them to deal with. Again, just screw them. And please, never be ashamed to cry...

agreed. plans getting messed up are a super upsetting thing a lot of the time, especially when you're autistic, so i i relate. i think it's very understandable.

Yeah and that brings up something: I think a lot of people misunderstand the whole 'need for routine' thing with autism. Every autistic person I've talked to (granted this is all online and not in-person), including myself, is capable of dealing with changes to our plans or routines if we know about it and can prepare for it.

Like whenever I go to the library, I have this whole routine where I go to McDonald's first and get breakfast and I always get the same breakfast: a steak, egg, and cheese bagel with a hashbrown, breakfast burrito, and a lemonade/sweet tea mix to drink. And I always go to the McDonald's thats in the same shopping plaza as my local library.

But, until a few days ago, that McDonald's was closed (for indoor eating) because they were remodelling it. It was closed from early November until a few days ago. But I knew that ahead of time so the fact that I wasn't able to go to that McDonald's before going to the library so instead I'd either go to Wendy's (where I always get a breakfast Baconator, their breakfast potato thing, and a biscuit and gravy with a lemonade to drink) or another McDonald's, I was able to adjust the change in my routine to accommodate that fact.

Compare it to one time, not too long ago, where I just wasn't able to go there at all without me being able to prepare for it. It was one morning where my grandpa had to go to the dentist in the early morning and, by the time he got home, it was already like 10:15am and, by the time I'd gotten dressed, washed my face, etc., it'd have been too late to go to McDonald's, so I literally just ended up crying (while he wasn't home) because I just knew my routine was getting screwed up and I just didn't go to the library at all that day because of it.

@toastghost
I suppose that you mean the musical, right? I've never seen it myself but I've heard of it via my knowledge of the late Howard Ashman who I know wrote the book and lyrics. Incidentally and as a former NYC resident, the last play that I remember going to there was the musical version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, although I don't remember much about it given that I was very young then, besides that it was kind of scary at parts for little me, haha. (The original production of the Lion King musical was also playing around that time, I believe, but I don't remember if we actually went there...)

In any case, I hope that you and whoever was with you enjoyed it!

This happened yesterday but I love when I get substitutes for grocery items I order for delivery and the substitute doesn't work for what I wanted the original item from lol.

Yesterday I ordered groceries for delivery cuz I wanted some ice cream and I don't have a car so I can't go to the store in-person and get the ice cream cuz it'd melt by the time I got back home. And, among the various items I ordered, three items were substituted. Two of them were literal 'OK who cares?' like does it matter at all if the 1 lb bag of frozen home-style store brand meatballs gets substituted with the 2 lb bag of frozen Italian-style store brand meatballs (minus the fact that the 2 lb bag costs like $4 more) or if the store-brand penne pasta gets substituted with a name-brand penne pasta that costs like 30 cents more?

BUT the third item!!! I wanted these bacon-wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with jalapeños and cream cheese because they sounded really good and I was gonna have one for my dinner last night with a baked potato but I didn't get them, I instead got bacon wrapped jalapeños with cream cheese. I guess my shopper was going 'OK well they're out of those chicken breasts, but these have everything BUT the chicken breasts, so they should be good enough' but it was not good enough, I cried over it when I saw I wasn't getting the chicken breasts. Those were what was most important, you could have grabbed anything in the 'ready to cook' section of the deli that were chicken breasts and I would have been fine.

I mean I still ate theme because what the hell else was I gonna eat, but it still wasn't the same as what I wanted for my dinner and yes I did genuinely cry over it lol.
I went to the store today for some things and THEY HAD THOSE CHICKEN BREASTS in stock!!!!

But I didn't get them because they were like $13 for two and instead I got two chicken cordon bleus for like $10.

Smart shopper (I still spent $69).

Yeah, Ive never done grocery delivery myself theres not much point when I work in the store, but I know sometimes stuff like that happens. However I feel like(I dont really know this for a fact since its not my department) they have some policies regarding stuff and substitutions that is not in stock and its annoying. It still sucks they couldnt give you something at least similar to what you ordered though, like a different chicken item, so maybe it means they need to be giving people some better training to handle that scenario.

I would maybe at least mention something to customer service if you can do that so maybe they can try and come up with a fix for the future because it definately seems like something they should be at least working on. Im sorry you didnt get those chicken breasts you wanted though that really sucks. The proper thing wouldve been to contact you to let you know they werent available and ask what you wanted to substitute, was there some way they could do that?

I've used Doordash a total of once and apparently if people don't tip they mess with the food to be delivered. Kinda silly that people act like that. What if I was going to tip using cash? I’d have spit in my food.

it's so rude
i do believe in tipping, especially when the server is actually competent in terms of sit-down restaurants, but once again, they might have been tipped in cash! putting a literal biological hazard (a lower-end one, but still) in someone's food for not getting a tip in advance is unthinkable to me.
some people are really just full of spite, i think.

it's so rude
i do believe in tipping, especially when the server is actually competent in terms of sit-down restaurants, but once again, they might have been tipped in cash! putting a literal biological hazard (a lower-end one, but still) in someone's food for not getting a tip in advance is unthinkable to me.
some people are really just full of spite, i think.
I tipped $1 for that reason and once my car was up and running I decided not to use Doordash again. The fees are already excessive. I'm not very fond of tipping on principle but when I do its always in cash. With cash it goes to the intended person. Using electronic means could go into a communal tipping jar. A tragedy of the commons.

Honestly I don't believe any of those stories of DoorDash drivers threatening to spit in customer's food or whatever.

It's the same of stories of restaurant workers spitting or doing gross things to customer's food because of their attitude and/or 'Oh I know that person, they never tip'. No one would actually do that because that risks their job.

i personally dislike tipping as a concept; it's pretty ridiculous that you have to pay more than what's on the bill. I will tip in situations where it's expected though, like waiters in restaurants. Never used a service to deliver groceries; dunno how important tipping is there.

i personally dislike tipping as a concept; it's pretty ridiculous that you have to pay more than what's on the bill. I will tip in situations where it's expected though, like waiters in restaurants. Never used a service to deliver groceries; dunno how important tipping is there.
The thing to remember about all of these delivery services like Instacart is that they're not the employer, they're just a middleman and you're basically indirectly hiring someone through them, so if you don't tip - then the delivery driver isn't really getting paid. (And a lot of these services, like Doordash, basically say that up front because they're scummy)

(This isn't even getting into how tipping is tied to wages here in the US, which is itself a reason why debates about tipping and wages are so heated because some people can make like $100+ an hour via tips and that's why you'll often see backlash from these people when people suggest that all of these jobs where people can be paid under minimum wage with the expectation that the difference will be made up in tips abolish tipping and just pay people the normal minimum wage, whether the federal or local one - depending on which is higher)

Honestly I don't believe any of those stories of DoorDash drivers threatening to spit in customer's food or whatever.

It's the same of stories of restaurant workers spitting or doing gross things to customer's food because of their attitude and/or 'Oh I know that person, they never tip'. No one would actually do that because that risks their job.
Rumours don't emerge from thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom