• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they drop some new TOTK ones recently?

I think it's like you go to Nintendo's website and there's just been 10 Amiibo released in all of 2023 and stores used to have big displays of them and now I don't even remember the last time I saw one in-stores at all.

I think maybe I saw a Zelda one at Target a few months ago maybe?

I purchased a TotK Zelda yesterday. They had Ganon too but I don't care for his character. I was more surprised they sold considering that they were all opened.

A guy at the convention said 'someone doesn't play Splatoon anymore' and I said 'Yeah me'

I only have five Amiibo and I think I only paid full price for one of them.

I got: Palutena (my first Amiibo and sent to me by an old friend back in the day as a gift), Lottie, Mabel, and Rover (Animal Crossing ones, got them when TRU was running an absolutely INSANE sale of buy 1 get 2 free on AC Amiibo. It was only certain ones though and Isabelle wasn't part of it so I couldn't get her :(), Inkling Girl (literally the only one I paid full price for).

Me nearly every time I went to Target the past few years: Oh they still have the Sanrio x Animal Crossing Amiibo cards, I should get them for when I get a Switch cuz I love Sanrio.

(I never got them and now they're finally out of stock last I checked lmao RIP)

I have a few animal crossing amiibo cards I got for Christmas last year
I have the cards in addition the regular Animal Crossing amiibo. At the next weaboo convention I plan to sell those except Isabelle. Considering that I only ever played New Leaf I'm not exactly a fan and someone would want them more than me.

I meant more from a practical standpoint. Unless one is going to be constantly reselling games, on the Switch at least it is far easier to go digital than to switch game cards.

Recently I purchased Shield, Shining Pearl and Skyward Sword HD physical because the MSRPs are rather ridiculous and they were on sale. Why spend 60 when 30 is an option?

My apologies for not speaking more clearly.

You don't get to decide when that's an option though. You have to be lucky to be in the right place and time for this sort of thing.
Yeah that's the point. Same way anyone would be lucky for Nintendo to put any of their moneymakers on sale in the eshop.

EDIT: Apparently Gamestop wants to make it everyone's problem that they're not making any money and refused to return or even exchange the bogus Switch charger dock because I opened the box.

Last edited:
All I know 100% is you can connect Nintendo accounts to multiple consoles and you can (re)download games made by a Nintendo account to any console it's connected to. Think the only caveats are that only the Switch set to as the primary console can play downloaded games without an internet connection and the primary console is the only one that can allow other users (on the same system) to play their downloaded games.

But IDK if that would work with your siblings not having online accounts or whatever.

I doubt I will, but I wonder if I'd be able to get one at GameStop this week.

My local GameStop has the Black Friday Switch OLED Smash Bros bundle that comes with a digital copy of Smash Ultimate + 3 months of Switch Online for the same price as an OLED Switch by itself (so it's $349.99).

GameStop is also currently running a deal where you get $25 off on all purchases over $250 if you buy online and do in-store pickup or just buy in--store and they're also running a promotion where you save 10% off pre-owned games when you buy a console.

That might be a good option if I can do it, will save a bit of money.
OK so now GameStop is also running sales on NEW games too.

Holy shit.

Why are the only Pokémon games on sale goddamn BDSP and New Snap lol.

OK so now GameStop is also running sales on NEW games too.

Holy shit.

Why are the only Pokémon games on sale goddamn BDSP and New Snap lol.
You say that like BDSP is bad. Do you have a pro membership? They're apparently adding extra discounts this week for members.

They can't let pro members return merchandise apparently.

You say that like BDSP is bad. Do you have a pro membership? They're apparently adding extra discounts this week for members.

They can't let pro members return merchandise apparently.
Nah, I don't go to GameStop enough to make the pro membership worth it.

That being said, I do have a $5 gift coupon I got like 10 years ago for a survey, I wonder if that's still good.

Also I'm not saying BDSP are bad, but I did already play Diamond years ago as a kid and these remakes seem too similar for me, but on the other hand - they are half off so $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom