• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Name the three female characters in the Pokémon anime who showed feelings for Brock after he first showed interest in them.

Wilhelmina
Holly
Lucy (Pike Queen)

I have to disagree with Holly, because I couldn't find any sources that tell me that Brock fell for her first, instead I went with Lizabeth from the 9th movie

From having just finished most of my rewatch, I have to agree with Holly. Brock totally hits on her first. (Funny thing, I suddenly felt like rewatching all of pokemon last month and I've been watching it since then before suddenly wanting to play again (My last copy of the game was platinum, but it is missing now along with my DS Lite T_T I want my giratina back D: . I think I know where it is, but I have no access until next month... Hopefully the new X/Y is big enough that I won't have enough badges to control it before then...))

I personally was looking in the list of cards one by one looking for a "has not been released in English/North America" I couldn't get the console versions of the TCG. I only had a few Japanese cards and a bunch of NA cards.

(I could have sworn I made an account here a few years back, but I guess not).

What makes me really sad is that I bought a JP 3DS just for this game before learning about the language function... And I found out about the language function like 3 minutes after it got shipped so I couldn't cancel >.<

Last edited:
Okay, again, used my fathers email, does it matter?
Doesn't matter whose email was used, no. Plenty of kids entered via parents email.

On the matter of Imakuni.....I'l just point out that the question always said "character", and not "Pokémon". That should really have been a clue to people right from the beginning.

Last edited:
Okay, again, used my fathers email, does it matter?
Doesn't matter whose email was used, no. Plenty of kids entered via parents email.

On the matter of Imakuni.....I'l just point out that the question always said "character", and not "Pokémon". That should really have been a clue to people right from the beginning.

I think some of us consider pokemon as characters though, especially the more unique ones such as surfing pikachu. That is why I looked through all the known cards one by one and not just specific ones. I guessed Imakuni, but even so.

I know I won't win, my luck is just too low right now, but still XD

Last edited:
I think some of us consider pokemon as characters though, especially the more unique ones such as surfing pikachu.
Exactly. Nevertheless, I won't complain any further, it's still my own fault I got the wrong answer :lol:

I'm still rooting for you XD

BTW, if we used the Japanese names, would that have been fine? Just to check since if my friend had tried, he? would have used the Japanese names. (I know it is a bit late to ask, but still ^_^; )

Last edited:
well I most likely lost, I'm super confident about all of my answers except the first one which I barely put thought into thinking it was a nobrainer XP

my only chance is if less than 10 people get all 5 right (which I seriously doubt :p)

I think some of us consider pokemon as characters though, especially the more unique ones such as surfing pikachu.
Exactly. Nevertheless, I won't complain any further, it's still my own fault I got the wrong answer :lol:

BTW, if we used the Japanese names, would that have been fine? Just to check since if my friend had tried, he? would have used the Japanese names. (I know it is a bit late to ask, but still ^_^; )

Japanese names would've been fine, though none of those came up in awarding prizes.

Japanese names would've been fine, though none of those came up in awarding prizes.

I was going to use the Japanese names myself, but considering that the questions were in English and I was doing this like last second, I just used the English names to be safe. My friend must've chosen to not participate then :S They absolutely hate the translated names.

Will you announce the winners and post the correct answers then?

I always thought of Pikachu, of all Pokemon, a character. Considering all the fan-goods he generates, the fact he's a co-star in the anime, or main star in multiple spin-offs, and the fact he's pretty much the main mascot for the entire series. Following the question I took the Mt Fuji surfing pikachu as a card, and Pikachu as a character.

But I'm not here to cry over spilled milk. I got the wrong answer and that's a fact.

Bah, I got them all right, but didn't win. Ah, well. Wait, was just "Lucy" considered correct too? Because I only wrote Lucy XD If not writing Pike Queen Lucy is wrong, then lol, I suck.

Yeah...Here's my piece: Working three days to ensure I got the right answers only to try my luck and fail and then finding out all my answers were correct...that's just the price of lottery-style competitions. ;D I guess it was a 2-3% chance if 300-400 people got all the questions correct...

Although, it was a nice way to distract us from spoilers if we wished to be spoiler-free, so I'll give them that.

Yeah...Here's my piece: Working three days to ensure I got the right answers only to try my luck and fail and then finding out all my answers were correct...that's just the price of lottery-style competitions. ;D I guess it was a 2-3% chance if 300-400 people got all the questions correct...

Although, it was a nice way to distract us from spoilers if we wished to be spoiler-free, so I'll give them that.

There is always that small chance that they won't reply?

I am completely clueless... where have the answers been posted? I have searched this entire thread and see no sign of correct answers being dignified.

There is an unusual card in-game in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy which was physically released in Japanese prior to that game being released, but was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint). How many TCG cardshave been based on the same character as that card?

Lose? (Vending S3) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Imakuni?'s Corner (Vending S3) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these two are not TCG cards. They are just promotions for the game itself.

There is an unusual card in-game in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy which was physically released in Japanese prior to that game being released, but was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint). How many TCG cardshave been based on the same character as that card?

Lose? (Vending S3) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Imakuni?'s Corner (Vending S3) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these two are not TCG cards. They are just promotions for the game itself.

The entire card is hand drawn, as are several of the bonus cards released in Extended Sheet 3.
This is one of several 'spoof' cards that are featured exclusively in Japanese releases.
The text along the right side of the card reads "Thunk".
The card is commonly referred to as Imakuni? In Hole, in reference to the illustration.

The entire card is hand drawn, as are several of the bonus cards released in Extended Sheet 3.
This is one of several 'spoof' cards that are featured exclusively in Japanese releases.
In the illustration at the top of the card, Imakuni? is saying, "I want you to say it."
The text in the top right corner of the card reads, "I turned red!"
There is an illustration of the Imakuni? Trainer card to better explain the card's text.
In the illustration at the bottom of the card, the player battling Imakuni? is saying, "The Imakuni? card? You can't use that," while Imakuni? replies, "What?!" There is also an arrow labeled "the Imakuni? card" pointing towards it in the illustration.

Except the wiki calls them cards... So I'm assuming they still count? Who knows though. We would need them to put out an official notice of what the correct answers are and that seems to be pretty delayed.

If we submitted more than one entry from a household, we were disqualified?

The card is commonly referred to as Imakuni? In Hole, in reference to the illustration.

In the illustration at the top of the card, Imakuni? is saying, "I want you to say it."
There is an illustration of the Imakuni? Trainer card to better explain the card's text.
In the illustration at the bottom of the card, the player battling Imakuni? is saying, "The Imakuni? card? You can't use that," while Imakuni? replies, "What?!" There is also an arrow labeled "the Imakuni? card" pointing towards it in the illustration.

Except the wiki calls them cards... So I'm assuming they still count? Who knows though. We would need them to put out an official notice of what the correct answers are and that seems to be pretty delayed.

I understand that the wiki addresses them as cards. However, these cards' wiki pages state that they are not actually TCG cards, rather promotions for the game. The question asks how many TCG cards there are, so with these cards not actually being TCG cards, the answer should be nine or ten.

If we submitted more than one entry from a household, we were disqualified?

That confused me too. It said per person and not per household.

I understand that the wiki addresses them as cards. However, these cards' wiki pages state that they are not actually TCG cards, rather promotions for the game.

The card is not definitive of any card type, simply a promotion for the TCG itself.

It says they aren't a card type, not that they aren't a card. Unless you are looking at something else.

That confused me too. It said per person and not per household.

I understand that the wiki addresses them as cards. However, these cards' wiki pages state that they are not actually TCG cards, rather promotions for the game.

The card is not definitive of any card type, simply a promotion for the TCG itself.

It says they aren't a card type, not that they aren't a card. Unless you are looking at something else.
Ah, I see, I completely read the question wrong, lol. Thank you for clearing that up, and congrats to the winners.

Ah, I see, I completely read the question wrong, lol. Thank you for clearing that up, and congrats to the winners.

Honestly, this is just conjecture. That is why i said we won't know until they release the answers officially.

And why it would be nice to get a list of winners as well. At least when everything is done with, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom