• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost certain that Ash will lose to Kotetsu - there's simply not enough time to show him battle Virgil. IMO, losing to Kotetsu in a full battle is much better than getting curbstomped by an Eeveelution team in half an episode. On the other hand, this means that all the improvement Ash made in the first 4 leagues goes out of the window. His awful BW team does not deserve a league win either. Ash's battling skills were always better than his current state, even in the Indigo Plateau tournament.

There's no chance that the writers will reduce Ash's full battles into montages because he's the protagonist. The writers clearly want the league to end quickly so that they can concentrate on messing up the Episode N saga.

Maybe Ash will become a league champion in another ten years... or that's me being too optimistic.

Last edited:
If suppose Lucario wins pikachu what will be the finishing move???? Is it aura sphere surpassing electro ball's power.....

Wow. Shortest League Ever (and interrupted by a semi-filler no less!) o_0

So riolu evolves, pignite may learn a new move, boldore also may evolve(mentioning bcoz of calendar).. stil something is yet to be revealed.. what is the secret thats being maintained for this Ash vs Kotetsu battle when the league itself gets over with this episode,, really puzzled...

No it doesn't.

Anyone someone brought up that Lucario is in the title before Pikachu, making it look like Kotetsu is the main character of this battle. Usually Ash's Pokemon are always listed first in the titles. Its more of a sign Ash will lose.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Kotetsu does beat Virgil too and wind up winning the entire league.

So if Ash does lose here my dream of seeing Oshawott battle in the league might be over. This is just as bad as when Ash didn't bother to use Totodile in the Silver Conference. This anime is starting to suck again. This is why kanto re-style reboots should never happen again.

This is just as bad as when Ash didn't bother to use Totodile in the Silver Conference.
He did use it. Twice.

Scratch that then. I guess I'll say that this is worse since Oshawott isn't being used at all here. What's the point of dragging out an annoying mascot if they aren't going to be used for battling?

No it doesn't.

Anyone someone brought up that Lucario is in the title before Pikachu, making it look like Kotetsu is the main character of this battle. Usually Ash's Pokemon are always listed first in the titles. Its more of a sign Ash will lose.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Kotetsu does beat Virgil too and wind up winning the entire league.

Not necessarily, because the Japanese title for BW073 (the final Clubsplosion episode) had Throh's name lsted before Sawk's, and the title for BW094 listed Gym Leader Marlon's pokemon before Kotetsu's (Samurott). There was also that Cinccino filler in which Ash's Snivy, which was used by Iris, was named second. All of those episodes have aired within the past year, and all have resulted in the latter pokemon (owned by a major character) winning over the former (belonging to a lesser character). A main character's pokemon can be listed as either first or second in a title; it just depends on convention.

But you are right in that one of Ash's pokemon being named second in a title implies that he will lose; the title of DP015 was "Cranidos vs. Pikachu," and we all knew how that one turned out. Other episodes, such as "Hippowdon vs. Torterra" (DP170) or "Lucario vs. Buizel" (DP068), also had Ash's pokemon lose in that respective battle; Buizel tied with Lucario, but still got knocked out.

Last edited:
This is just as bad as when Ash didn't bother to use Totodile in the Silver Conference.
He did use it. Twice.

Scratch that then. I guess I'll say that this is worse since Oshawott isn't being used at all here. What's the point of dragging out an annoying mascot if they aren't going to be used for battling?
I don't like how they've been doing that either. Its almost as if they treat Oshawott as if he's incapable of fighting....

Unless I'm missing something, there is a good chance that Oshawott will be used in this battle; only Pignite, Snivy, Boldore, Unfezant and Pikachu have been confirmed. Of course, even if Oshawott is used here, it's more likely than not that it will lose. After all, Pikachu will be the star of the battle with two or three wins (if anyone defeats Lucario, it will be Pikachu), which leaves just three victories for the other five Pokémon. But perhaps Snivy and Unfezant will be the ones not to win any match since we know they will face Riolu/Lucario.

It's almost certain that Ash will lose to Kotetsu - there's simply not enough time to show him battle Virgil. IMO, losing to Kotetsu in a full battle is much better than getting curbstomped by an Eeveelution team in half an episode. On the other hand, this means that all the improvement Ash made in the first 4 leagues goes out of the window. His awful BW team does not deserve a league win either. Ash's battling skills were always better than his current state, even in the Indigo Plateau tournament.

There's no chance that the writers will reduce Ash's full battles into montages because he's the protagonist. The writers clearly want the league to end quickly so that they can concentrate on messing up the Episode N saga.

Maybe Ash will become a league champion in another ten years... or that's me being too optimistic.
A trainer matter more then Pokemon.
Plus , Writer have to show virgil battling at the end of the episode.
And I want to see Ash there rather then Kotetsu even if its a 3 minite battle where Ash lose's !
I know Ash won't win the league but atleast writer should demote him.
Right when I think thing can't get any worst , Writer make it worst.
By the way , Does the translation of the Mange scan of Ash vs Kotetsu battle out yet ???

I agree with you, usually, whenever Ash's Pokemon is listed second, that means he will lose. This is one thing I hate about every league is that they always have to make Ash lose no matter how hard he tries. I've heard somewhere that if Ash won a league, the series would end, though I personally believe that's nonsense myself.

So if Ash does lose here my dream of seeing Oshawott battle in the league might be over. This is just as bad as when Ash didn't bother to use Totodile in the Silver Conference. This anime is starting to suck again. This is why kanto re-style reboots should never happen again.

I agree with you, they tried to mix Kanto with aspects of later series, and instead make the series into a total trainwreck as a result.

Unless I'm missing something, there is a good chance that Oshawott will be used in this battle; only Pignite, Snivy, Boldore, Unfezant and Pikachu have been confirmed. Of course, even if Oshawott is used here, it's more likely than not that it will lose. After all, Pikachu will be the star of the battle with two or three wins (if anyone defeats Lucario, it will be Pikachu), which leaves just three victories for the other five Pokémon. But perhaps Snivy and Unfezant will be the ones not to win any match since we know they will face Riolu/Lucario.
According to the preview thread of BW107, Oshawott is going to appear.

Another episode where Lucario is mercilessly shoved down our throats. It's well on course to become the most overrated Pokemon. Even pseudo-legendaries like Hydreigon have to play second fiddle to Lucario.

Considering the crap the writers pull off regularly in this saga, I guess the only thing we can expect from this episode is Ash reversing his hat - using his "Aura".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom