• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least Ash wont lose to Dino. id rather him lose to lucario then a Patrat and a Deerling. if that happened i would cry.

You know, I think I would prefer him losing to Dino... he's got to have some decent Pokemon now and at least he'd have had some mid-league setup. Rather that than some dumb kid who thought the Isshu Leage was taking place in Johto.

well at least Ash wont lose to Dino. id rather him lose to lucario then a Patrat and a Deerling. if that happened i would cry.

You know, I think I would prefer him losing to Dino... he's got to have some decent Pokemon now and at least he'd have had some mid-league setup. Rather that than some dumb kid who thought the Isshu Leage was taking place in Johto.

If ash would have lost to Youngster Joey, i would be fine with that because this leauge is more painful then gettin your finger pinched with a vise grip... Oh well. i hope the episode will hint more about team plasma twords the end

I'm sure Dino would have some real bruisers on his team by this time. Why would you want to drag along a Patrat or some other common base form through the whole region? I would mention Ash still having Snivy/Oshawott/Scraggy, but two of those are not even common and Scraggy is pretty strong, so idk.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but Dino never even had a Patrat to begin with. Deerling, Tranquill and Darumaka are currently his only known Pokemon.

From Pokemon Fan magazine: Not that interesting though.
Unovaleague1_zps92e156a1.jpg

They're trying so hard not to spoil the fact that Ash loses, even though there's no more league episodes left.

Well at least that should shut up the people thinking Dino or katherine could win.

What the crap is this?

Or what is this crap?

I saw the leaked preview. Can you say Pikachu over glorification, with me?

How the hell does it make any sense, to make Pikachu beat 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon, and have Ash do so poorly otherwise, that HE has to RELY on Pikachu to apparently beat Kotetsu (if was going to).

Here's why Kotetsu is a bad inclusion into the anime: He's given strong Pokémon that fall into his lap, and pretty much outside of Riolu (which is going to change) he has fully evolved Pokémon, and despite his "scatterbrained" he's given wins left and right.

You can call Ash stupid all you want, but Kotetsu takes that whole "scatterbrained" to a WHOLE new level, and despite that he magically pulls wins out of his ass, or the writers are just pulling bad writing out there asses. And before you argue, I have no idea how you justify Pikachu beating two of Kotetsu's Pokémon, apparently relying on it SO much that he has to win with it or he loses, all that as good writing? Just try to justify it.

The even sadder thing, is Unfezant is Ash's ONLY fully evolved Pokémon in this battle.

So right now:
Pikachu: 2 wins if not more
Pignite: 2 wins if not more
And Kotetsu has a mysterious Pokémon that has yet to be revealed battling anyone.

Wow, they really screwed this battle over, as well as the league. But I get it. Instead of overusing anyone not named Pikachu, each Pokémon only gets one battle, win or no win, just so the league can be a measly 6 episodes, one of which was primarily about Axew, just so they can get over with it and not put much effort into it.

Good lord, what the hell is this? What happened to Tomioka? He's apparently not writing any of the league episodes, apparently not even overseeing the episodes. Did something bad happen to him?

Because I can't think of why anyone approve of this league happening the way it is, even if it was to move on to the filler saga, because surely 1 more episode (and reworking the Axew episode so it wasn't 99% filler), could not have been that difficult to pull off. Especially since we're guaranteed at least a few fillers during "Episode N."

These are dark days in Pokemon anime history, I sense storm clouds looming. :D

Considering Pikachu is the only one of Ash's Pokemon with him in BW that he's trained to any decent extent it shouldn't be surprising it's one of the only ones that can win battles against trainers who actually have tried.

I'm not really surprised this league seems so lazily done. I hope Ash actually states that he regressed, so as to confirm what this season has made blatantly obvious.

If you say so. :p

But given how he's been handled in the tournaments this region...I wouldn't be surprised if he get's axed off in a lower rank.

He's not losing in the Top 8.

Given how much focus on the leaked preview was between Lucario vs Snivy and Pikachu, I honestly can't imagine what kind of weird ass battle that will take place after Ash were to hypothetically beat Kotetsu. Because I don't even want to know what a five to ten minute full battle will look like.
---------

You know, it's kind of sad how the writers are pitying Kotetsu. I mean he's scatterbrained, he relies on his Pokémon's brute strength, and he thinks he lost to Ash (in the manga scan) when actually the battle is still going on, and because he's being pitied like that, he's actually likely going to win.

Then why has there been no mention or showing of his top 4 battle?

I'd love it if you were right, but I don't think it will be the case.

All signs point to that being the case. Sorry

The battle looks good at least, so that's something. Im guessing the rest of this episode will just show montage stuff of the other battles, Virgil/Tuxedo guy, maybe a Virgil/Kotetsu battle in the semi's (or tuxedo guy) and then show who wins the whole thing.

He hasn't regressed at all.

So the writers are having him likely lose in Top 8, and lose every tournament he's entered into in Unova shows he's improved?

Not to mention his last gym battle, where he battled with double the amount of pokemon and only just scraped the win

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom