• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How about the female hero being a lead again?

when exactly did they make it clear she was going to be a gym leader

I was under the impression that she was offered that position after her battle with Drayden and she said she would think about it, but I could be mistaken. Even if she isn't going to be a Gym Leader, she's clearly isn't going to be staying around for the next season due to the other reasons I mentioned.

when exactly did they make it clear she was going to be a gym leader

I was under the impression that she was offered that position after her battle with Drayden and she said she would think about it, but I could be mistaken. Even if she isn't going to be a Gym Leader, she's clearly isn't going to be staying around for the next season due to the other reasons I mentioned.
After the battle, he told Iris about a conversation he had with the Dragon Village's Elder regarding the Gym Leader post, and they ended it giving Iris a chance to take the post (IIRC as long as she trains with them).

Anyway, I don't see her character as, uhm, needed to the next generation.

I didn't agree with it, but that's what people posted in the early DP era back in 2006 and 2007. You could probably still find those posts with the search feature.

Anyway I did think Dawn had a bit of a temper when DP first started, especially the way she interacted with Piplup and Ash a bit early on. The fights during the Nando episode and not getting as along with the group to sleeping in a private tent/ And don't forget how she blew up at Paul at Roark's Gym for forgetting her name.

Kind of a shame the writers dropped that aspect of Dawn's character so early. They probably weren't sure what they wanted her personality to be yet and then they re-tooled her into a very girly and fashion-oriented character.

If I recall correctly, Dawn was a little irritated with Barry in his debut episode because she recognized him but he didn't recognized her. She also argued with Ash when Pachirisu got sick and during the Lyra and Khoury arc. So no, she hasn't lost this temper, she's just not the character you're thinking she is. She will argue with Ash sometimes, but she will not pick on him for every little thing he does like Iris. Also, she used to sleep in a tent because she is a girly girl, not because she didn't get along with the group.
Dawn was a girly character since the very beginning; she imagined herself competing in Pokémon Contests with different dresses and wanted to take a suitcase full of clothes and jewelry in her journey. She also expressed concern with her hair in the early episodes, having Piplup using BubbleBeam to fix it. Her character was not re-tooled as you are saying.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom