• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Would You Feel if Max/Masato Came Back as a Rival?

Life

oh my
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish that they did more with him during the AG/BF saga. Often I wonder if the writers will ever bring him back at all to show any trainer progress. I feel like he would be an interesting trainer and would probably use some sort of strategy like Conway. Although I do feel like the only way to bring him back as a trainer would be with his Ralts, but that's just a longer stretch.

What are your opinions?

Ash is still 10 so Max would still be too young to become a trainer,so not going to happen, Time stands still in the Pokemon world.

Since Max would need to age in order to become a rival character, I don't think that's going to happen. Plus, he would be traveling in whatever region Ash would be and he would be more interested in finding his own journey than to be battling against Ash. I wouldn't mind seeing him again with his first Pokemon though. We've seen characters younger than ten having their own Pokemon, so Max could be shown with his first Pokemon instead, which seems a bit more likely to happen than Max becoming a rival.

They'd have to age Satoshi. It'd be weird for Masato to come back and suddenly being the same age as Satoshi.

Though it would make for some funny immortality jokes.

I wouldn't want another newbie trainer like Trip as a rival again, and I don't think Max was interesting enough the first time around to make a return to the show anything to be excited for.

Everyone always says "they'll have to age Ash". Anyone ever think that there could be some world wide news broadcast lowering the age for a beginning trainer? That way they wouldn't have to move time...

Everyone always says "they'll have to age Ash". Anyone ever think that there could be some world wide news broadcast lowering the age for a beginning trainer? That way they wouldn't have to move time...

If they go that route, I'd rather have Me Snowdon as a traveling companion/rival.

No offense to Masato. :p

It'd be okay. I just don't seem the point of it. I like Max, but I think it'd be weird to see him as one of Ash's main rivals. He was always Ash's friend and even though they promised they would battle someday, I think that subplot's unfortunately gone out the window. :(

That would be interesting. I can see them having to try something new at some point. Surely he can't keep getting Paul simulants every Gen. It would be hard to ever really think of Max as a rival though, unless his personality had dramatically changed. If he did come back, I'd imagine him to look something like this :B

char_7349.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom