• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I Don't See the Point in Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckleNuts

Reaction score
(This might be in the wrong section, move it freely.)
Seriously.
Why are there ten million random ships out there between characters that barely (or don't even) know each other?
It's like someone sits at their computer or DS and goes,
OMG DEY ARE EN DEY SAME GAEM, DEY MUST LUV EACHOTHER!!!!!111
or,
THEY HAVE DA SAM POKEYMAN, DEY R MENT 2 BE!!!!111ONE!

:disgust:

I think the point in Shipping is to have fun with it. I also think that if you're not having fun with it, let it go. So yeah, the point is... to have fun with an aspect of a series?

I guess that would be right.
Most of them just don't make sense.

While some are claimed to be based on some kind of evidence supporting the theory of two characters feeling something for each other, there are some that are seemingly random. And they are random. It's just a form of fun in the Pokémon fandom. If you don't like it, distance away from it. There is no other point in them.

While some are claimed to be based on some kind of evidence supporting the theory of two characters feeling something for each other, there are some that are seemingly random. And they are random. It's just a form of fun in the Pokémon fandom. If you don't like it, distance away from it. There is no other point in them.

In every fandom (that have multiple characters).
But I agree, if you don't like it, just keep away, that's what I do, this is the only thread I have ever read in this section.

The point is that there is no point in it.

Its trying to enjoy something in as many ways as possible.

Everyone assumes Shippers are idiots...>_>
We don't go "OMGYESDEYAREMEANTTOBE" (well, most of us...), it's more of a "Oh, they'd make a cute couple/poly."
Jeez.

As Ranger Jack Walker said, there is no point.

Just as in there is no point in playing the games. MINDSCREW.

If I had a nickel for everytime this topic is brought up I'd be rich...

The point is that there is no point in it.

Its trying to enjoy something in as many ways as possible.

Just what Jackie said. There's really no point in it, but it's just a fun part of the Pokemon (Or any other fandom for that matter) fandom.

I don't see the point of this thread. What, are you trying to get enlightened by someone? Beat it!

Shipping is fun. :p

I'm going to close this. Luna can be the judge of whether or not it's worth reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom