• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: I'm so lost when it comes to battling people online...

synystermegs

Reaction score
For everyone who has trouble finding out how to join random battles all you need to do is get around 4 badges and it should be unlocked. I was confused about this for about 3 days. SO anyways if you ever get lost like me thats how you do it :)

Last edited:
I don't have wifi on my Black 2 so I cannot answer your specific question however I can recommend this: Showdown!

It's an online, browser based simulator where you input your team and battle. Most competitive players would say that this method is superior to wifi based battling because it is faster.

Any further questions or help just shoot me a visitor message.

I don't have wifi on my Black 2 so I cannot answer your specific question however I can recommend this: Showdown!

It's an online, browser based simulator where you input your team and battle. Most competitive players would say that this method is superior to wifi based battling because it is faster.

Any further questions or help just shoot me a visitor message.

Actually, Online Wifi in the real games has Doubles, Triples, and Rotation, unlike showdown (currently)

@Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Haha, hopefully they will change the layout for the nationals now that the Black and white 2 ball is rolling.

I Find that singles can be... boring. I Dunno. I Just like how that in Doubles there are more combos to use, and pokes like Gardevoir and Shiftry become more... viable.

I wouldn't say that. I'd just say that because less people play it and therefore there is less testing done on what you can actually win with. In practice, most of the top ten VGC teams are exactly the same with minor adjustments. That and they are obviously slightly better because of support and hold niches, but our still outclassed on a general scale.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom