• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is my team on Violet good for combat? It’s a biased team.

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Refer To Profile
(New Member!) So, my team on Violet consists of Pokémon I like, rather than for combat. And I know one of them (he’ll be italicized) is horrible for combat. My team is:

Luxray
Floragato
Glaceon
Lycanroc (Night form)
Eevee (I’m trying to evolve her into Sylveon)
Corvisquire

I’m waiting for Floragato and Corvisquire to evolve, but I wanted to post this before I forgot. Thanks for answering if you do!

I'm guessing they might have their regular Tera types, but what are the Tera types of your team?

Using Pokemon you like will always end you up with a better game experience in my opinion, even if those Pokemon aren't the best stats-wise. If you're having trouble with your Glaceon, I'd reccomend changing its Tera Type to something more defensive, like Water or Electric so you can Terastalize to get out of situations where it might get hit alot ^^

Finn has a point. Otherwise, if you want a recommendation, your team is a little on the slower side. You may want a Pokémon that is a bit faster. Also, I would recommend giving one of your Pokémon a Ground type move for Violet in particular.

Using Pokemon you like will always end you up with a better game experience in my opinion, even if those Pokemon aren't the best stats-wise. If you're having trouble with your Glaceon, I'd reccomend changing its Tera Type to something more defensive, like Water or Electric so you can Terastalize to get out of situations where it might get hit alot ^^
My brother told me that Glaceon was the worst for combat out of all the Eeveelutions, but he’s my favorite so I’m biased. My Eevee evolved now, my Corvisquire, and my Floragato. So I have a Sylveon, Corviknight, and Meowscarada. I also kicked out Lycanroc because it wouldn’t listen to me, and I put in a Gardevoir instead. I’m not sure about all of the Tera types, but I do know Meowscarada is grass, and Luxray is electric. There also is an Arcanine on my team… but that isn’t permanent because I was just trying to level him up.

Finn has a point. Otherwise, if you want a recommendation, your team is a little on the slower side. You may want a Pokémon that is a bit faster. Also, I would recommend giving one of your Pokémon a Ground type move for Violet in particular.
I think my Lycanroc had one! I have to beat like 2 more gyms for it to listen to me, cuz I can have Pokémon up to Lev. 45 listen to me rn, and Lycanroc’s Lev. 49. Glaceon’s a 50, so he won’t listen to me either.

Your Pokémon's Tera type is displayed right next to its regular type. So if it normally has one type, its Tera type is the second type. For dual type Pokémon, the Tera type is the third one.

Your Pokémon's Tera type is displayed right next to its regular type. So if it normally has one type, its Tera type is the second type. For dual type Pokémon, the Tera type is the third one.
I’m not able to check at the moment, because I’m not home near my Switch. As soon as I get to it, I’ll share the Tera types of each Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom