• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals June 23 release date

According to the online retailer Rakuten Ichiba, the Japanese language versions of Pokémon Black and White 2 will be released on June 23, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals Ju

Alright, we now have a release date, but that still lacks one thing, and that is screenshots

I NEED SCREENSHOTS, SCREENSHOTS OF SPIDER MAN BLACK AND WHITE 2!!!

Re: Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals Ju

Screenshots will look exactly the same as BW. It's the same rehashed graphic engine.

Screenshots will look exactly the same as BW. It's the same rehashed graphic engine.

Is that a bad thing?

Yes, of course it'll look like BW, but I'll bet every penny that it won't look exactly ​the same.

A picture's worth a thousand words, and there are many reasons to want a screenshot--for one, it'll let us see if it takes place in new areas, if old areas were modified, and possibly what the characters look like.

I think the only thing I'll be interested in is new areas or new protagonists. I wonder if Hilda will get the Lyra treatment?

I think the only thing I'll be interested in is new areas or new protagonists. I wonder if Hilda will get the Lyra treatment?
I think that better question is; what will happen to Hilbert and Hilda? Will they stay or go?

Unlike GS, the girl protagonist doesn't really need the "Lyra treatment" so they'll either both stay and get design changes, or they'll both be replaced by new protagonists (which I would truly prefer for the sake of freshness).

Mr. Smugleaf said:
or they'll both be replaced by new protagonists (which I would truly prefer for the sake of freshness).
We are long past the point where starting as a new trainer can be considered "fresh".

We are long past the point where starting as a new trainer can be considered "fresh".
It's just personal preference. Since the games are sequels, I'd like a new set of protagonists as well.

It's just personal preference. Since the games are sequels, I'd like a new set of protagonists as well.

Me too, after all, it wouldn't really work with the old protagonists since by the time B/W ends, the player's Pokemon are all at level 50 or so, so new protagonists (and new rivals to go with them) would be the only way it could work, but that leaves us with the question of what will happen to the old protagonists.

Me too, after all, it wouldn't really work with the old protagonists since by the time B/W ends, the player's Pokemon are all at level 50 or so, so new protagonists (and new rivals to go with them) would be the only way it could work, but that leaves us with the question of what will happen to the old protagonists.
Retaining the previous protagonists wouldn't have to entail keeping the player's Pokémon. In theory, a trainer should have the ability to start over with new Pokémon; it may not have happened in the games, but it has in the anime. There is a way for that to work here. Will Game Freak do something like that? I don't know, but you can't say they have no choice but to implement new characters.

You gotta remember Bianca and Cheren, too. They experienced a lot of personal growth during BW, so it would be hard to implement them for another gym go-round too. How would it be possible to get two new rivals for Hilbert and Hilda?

How would it be possible to get two new rivals for Hilbert and Hilda?
First, there don't have to be two new rivals. Secondly, I see no reason why a third rival couldn't be added, especially if the rivalry had nothing to do with Gyms, as was the case with Silver. I've discussed a possible idea in this direction.

Unlike GS, the girl protagonist doesn't really need the "Lyra treatment" so they'll either both stay and get design changes, or they'll both be replaced by new protagonists (which I would truly prefer for the sake of freshness).

I'd wish to see them stay because of my theory of the two new Pokemon reps for SSB4 representing the two BW games (one rep for BW1 and the other for BW2). Hilda and Zoroark are the more likely choices, and if new protagonists were introduced and physically look inferior to their BW1 predecessors, my hopes of seeing Hilda w/ Snivy, Dewott, and Emboar in a Smash Bros. title will be crushed.

If the games truly are a sequel as many of us imagine they will be, then we'll need new player characters. I wouldn't mind the games having Hilbert as the Champion if you play as a male, or Hilda if you play as a female.

If the games truly are a sequel as many of us imagine they will be, then we'll need new player characters. I wouldn't mind the games having Hilbert as the Champion if you play as a male, or Hilda if you play as a female.

Or standing on a random mountain top. ;)

If the games truly are a sequel as many of us imagine they will be, then we'll need new player characters.
Explain "need". In what way would starting over (due to a reasonable plot device) as a previous character hinder the games' sequel factor? Since when did sequel become synonymous with replacing the main characters?

How would Hilbert appearing if you play as one sex, and the other way around for Hilda, work in canon? I'd rather have it be game depended; for example if you play W2 then Hilda will appear. But honestly I'd rather have one consistent protagonist for both games, if any protagonist cameos.

COUNTDOWN. DO WANT. NAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom