• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN095: Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see if Yukiyoshi Ōhashi is writing this episode, he created Cassidy and Butch and the plot sounds similar to that of AG176 which they wrote

Once again, assuming the Bart and Cassidy bits are with this episode I’ve made the mistake of falling for the headline of the episode… (And I’ve never been more excited to be wrong)

Also, am I insane or is THAT MEOWZIE IN THE SHOT
It was Meowzie, this episode has certainly become a lot more exciting to look forward to for me as I've never been that keen on Team Rocket

Once again, assuming the Bart and Cassidy bits are with this episode I’ve made the mistake of falling for the headline of the episode… (And I’ve never been more excited to be wrong)

Also, am I insane or is THAT MEOWZIE IN THE SHOT
It was Meowzie, this episode has certainly become a lot more exciting to look forward to for me as I've never been that keen on Team Rocket
Meowzie?! Meowth hate her, he never wants to mention his ex-girlfriend who gets rejected twice in years past. I hope Meowth annoys her with revenge.

He loves her regardless of her rejections.
Man, I hope they break that trope and let him move on from her. It’s a terrible lesson for the kids.
Since we've been fired we work all day and night!
Yeah, as criminals we've surely lost the fight!
Meowzie, That's right!
And if she doesn't like him again then she'll make Meowth's enemy. Meowth's revenge is coming in the future.

If I had to guess, the "farewell" and "wandering" parts refer to Cassidy and Biff Butch and this is giving them a proper send-off rather than the cliffhanger DP left us off with.
I'm curious to see if Yukiyoshi Ōhashi is writing this episode, he created Cassidy and Butch and the plot sounds similar to that of AG176 which they wrote
If I recall he was one of the writers that left the series after XY, so I'd be surprised if that was the case.

I've heard it argued that Jessie, James, and Meowth would be a lot better off doing anything else other than being with Team Rocket. It would be interesting if they explored this with Butch and Cassidy if this isn't just a scheme.

Seeing as they aren't in their Team Rocket uniforms in any of the preview images, I'm inclined to think that they're no longer Team Rocket members. It would certainly explain why the anime writers have been leaning more and more on the Matori Matrix lately whenever they want to give Jessie, James, and Meowth foils within Team Rocket, instead of using Butch and Cassidy. For example, "A Little Rocket R & R" could easily have been a Butch and Cassidy episode, but instead it had the Matori Matrix as the villains.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. I really liked the dynamic Jessie and Cassidy seemed to have early on, and having Butch and Cassidy leave Team Rocket would kind of spoil that. I'm also not really sold on the idea of them having Meowzie, or even having a Meowth in general. They were introduced basically as the "anti-TRio", with Raticate as their signature Pokémon in place of Meowth, right down to having it say its name in their motto. If nothing else, Raticate should still be in this episode.

There's also the matter that, at least in their earlier appearances, Butch and Cassidy were consistently portrayed as more competent that the TRio, and came up with more evil schemes-- the fake breeding center, enslaving an entire island with a Drowzee, capturing a baby Lugia. I'm not against the idea of having villains reform, but the TRio always struck me as more inherently redeemable than Butch and Cassidy.

Point being, I'm glad to see them bringing back these old characters, but I'm not sold on what they're doing with them.

Last edited:
Raticate only said its name during their motto in its first appearance, but it was still, by far, their most frequently occurring Pokémon. They did tend to switch battling Pokémon fairly often, though-- first Hitmontop and Houndour in Johto, then Mightyena and Sableye in Hoenn, then Shuckle and Granbull in Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom