• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN095: Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another reason I'm not entirely sold on the idea of Meowzie throwing her lot in with B&C.

Stop saying "rejection" and I said Meowth's revenge is coming in the future. R. E. V. E: N. G. E. is revenge.

And if she doesn't like him again then she'll make Meowth's enemy. Meowth's revenge is coming in the future.
“If she doesn’t like him again” is rejection. I’m not sure I understand your point with this post.

If Person A doesn’t want a romantic relationship with Person B it doesn’t mean that B needs to take revenge on A for not loving them.

I'm pretty sure it was established in her introductory episode that Meowzie had an owner-- she lived with a rich woman who pampered her. Which is just another reason why having her suddenly show up with Budge and Cassidy doesn't make sense on any level.

I'm pretty sure it was established in her introductory episode that Meowzie had an owner-- she lived with a rich woman who pampered her. Which is just another reason why having her suddenly show up with Budge and Cassidy doesn't make sense on any level.
Didn’t she get abandoned towards the end of the episode?

It's been ages since I saw that episode, so pardon me for forgetting. But that doesn't explain it any better. Point being, Meowzie is an existing character with an established backstory, so seeing her here doesn't make sense.

It's been ages since I saw that episode, so pardon me for forgetting. But that doesn't explain it any better. Point being, Meowzie is an existing character with an established backstory, so seeing her here doesn't make sense.
Meowzie became a stray Pokemon.
Butch and Cassidy could've easily caught or kidnapped her.

What's not making sense?

I don't know how will they handle Yamato and Kosaburou........

After being absent for so long, and taking into account how Journeys writers tend to derail characterizations.

1640554009914.png

In Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru:
Mariannette, on the left, is voiced by Katsuki Masako (Yamato)
While Himiko, right, is Hayashibara Megumi.
The former tries to be a big sister figure for the latter in Episode 12.

Edit: Fixed the image.

Last edited:
After being absent for so long, and taking into account how Journeys writers tend to derail characterizations.
Hopefully Atsuhiro Tomioka or Shoji Yonemura is writing this episode, since they're veterans from previous series and all.

If Butch, Cassidy, and Meowzie are all coming back, this means pretty much anyone is fair game, human or Pokémon. Ash's Pidgeot? Casey? Ritchie? Misty's Togetic? Ash's Greninja? All those are on the table now.
If you think about it the GS Ball is technically a Pokémon too.

Still on the floor crying about the return of my darlings...my obsession with them had died down by the time I joined these forums so you guys have NO IDEA how much I was in love with these characters lmao. Late 2007 and all of 2008, it was all Butch and Cassidy, all the time. But even when the obsession faded I never stopped loving them, and seeing them return is one of the things I've wanted most from the anime ever since their last (admittedly not so great) appearance. I have not been keeping up with Journeys at ALL but I absolutely have to watch this episode just for Butch and Cassidy alone, although even without them a TRio focused episode is always good! Far as I can tell Journeys hasn't been giving us much of those.

Just did a little research and WOW, Yamato and Kosanji are truly Oohashi’s creatures. The man wrote every episode featuring them except for 3:

Oohashi and Takegami are gone, and whilst Takegami returning to write a TRio episode is one of my pipe dreams, this ain’t his vibe and I would equally give anything for Oohashi to never write Musashi again. Out of Yonemura and Tomioka, we can only pray it is Tomioka, a man who knows how to handle a returning character and made stellar efforts with the TRio from DP to have a character development arc (to varying success ofc, see: BW). He hasn’t written a Rocket-focused episode since DP, and I’m struggling to think of a non-battle focused episode in recent years, but he’d be my pick without question.

(Of course it could be one of the newer writers but that isn’t so fun to speculate about :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom