• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN095: Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more chance of Ash's Pikachu evolving into Raichu then Team Rocket splitting up permanently

Hope Ash and Goh take a backseat this episode
Why splitting up? They have been together for so long that it would make no sense for them to split up! Maybe they will quit Team Rocket and finally get married ;) Jessie and James splitting up would be stupid and make no sense.

Summary and Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The Rocket Gang spend their days focusing on their part-time jobs so they can raise funds for their operations... and they're also all completely sick of their missions constantly failing. They conclude that the failures happen because the Rocket Gachat doesn't give them any strong Pokémon, so they decide to follow Pelipper in order to complain to those in charge. But on the way they run into former fellow gang members Yamato and Kosaburo, which makes them start thinking that there's more to life than the Rocket Gang. What will happen now?!

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

They conclude that the failures happen because the Rocket Gachat doesn't give them any strong Pokémon, so they decide to follow Pelipper in order to complain to those in charge. But on the way they run into former fellow gang members Yamato and Kosaburo
Is this implying those two purposefully put weak pokemon in the Gacha to troll TRio?

If so, I’m all for that explanation lmao

Is this implying those two purposefully put weak pokemon in the Gacha to troll TRio?

If so, I’m all for that explanation lmao
That would be fun, maybe they're responsible for the lazy rotom phone they have as well

I don't think Butch and Cassidy really left Team Rocket. They are for sure jealous of the consideration the boss gave Jessie and James recently so they try to dissuade them from continuing to work for the organisation and I think they are really the cause of the faulty gachat and lazy Rotomdex. This episode may FINALLY be the end of this damn gachat!!! PLEASE

The leak of an interview with a producer who said there would be a Team Rocket focus looking back on their lives spoke of this single episode or real development in 2022? We never able to read this interview ...

I don't think Butch and Cassidy really left Team Rocket. They are for sure jealous of the consideration the boss gave Jessie and James recently so they try to dissuade them from continuing to work for the organisation and I think they are really the cause of the faulty gachat and lazy Rotomdex. This episode may FINALLY be the end of this damn gachat!!! PLEASE
But doesn't the summary say former fellow gang members?

Since Jessie, James and Meowth will realize that it's not just Team Rocket in life it can lead them to finally have the development they need: they will be able to think about focusing on their other passions and projects: the contest, the dream of being an actress or nurse for Jessie, the love for Meowth,… IDK for James. They could go back and get their old pokemon left at headquarters.

I thought this looked like Iwane! Not thrilled at this being Yonemura's script but I suppose it would have been weird if it weren't him or Tomioka (even Matsui would have been a stretch...)

Yamato and Kosanji faking out and actually being responsible for the shitty Gatchat would be insanely funny, and as long as it would result in the end of that dumb gimmick would be ideal. A genuinely reformed Yamato and Kosaburo who are still together however would be extremely intriguing and has more potential for interest, so long as said potential isn't weakly squandered (which Rocket-related subplots often are even in better series... see: Musashi's Grand Festival semi-final match, the evil Calamanero/Malamar plot, Sakaki and Kuchinashi's mysterious romance relationship .etc)

I do like the Prize Master, the fact that it gives us (besides Chewtle) a different Pokemon every time makes things less predictable
I can see the arguments for and against the Prize Master. Personally I agree that it adds more variety to their battles, but I also understand why people dislike it for not allowing Jessie and James to have Pokémon to bond with. But I'm gonna be honest and say I don't think Journeys is interested in fleshing out Team Rocket's relationship to their Pokémon regardless, as we see with James' Morpeko. They could have also easily given Jessie an arc with Chewtle but decided not to. So I feel like at worst, the Prize Master is a symptom of Journeys' decreased focus on human-Pokémon (and Pokémon-Pokémon) relationships, not the cause.

I do like the Prize Master, the fact that it gives us (besides Chewtle) a different Pokemon every time makes things less predictable
If that thing was a necessity, such a thing would have been better in the hands of serious TR members. In the hands of TRio, it’s just pointless since, even if their Pokémon are less predictable, it doesn’t change that they aren’t any challenge or real threat.

The idea that Butch and Cassidy are genuinely retired but still sticking together has my heart all aflutter <3 Of course I'm 100% taking this with a grain of salt and would not at all be surprised if it turned out they were faking the whole thing BUT I CAN DREAM. Guh it's going to be so hard waiting for the end of the month; 16-year-old Dana is having a field day with all of this :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom