• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been any other time where Ash managed to win when he was down to his last Pokemon, while his opponent still had two left?
85% surly he will win as he have all those experience before. While Leon is the first time of his life being pushed into corner. He knew, the winning of streak of his about to snapped. Also at the same time, I'll know who is watching? The champion in the new region of Paldea is definitely observing the Tournament as well. Waiting and analyzing as he/she is going to be the next on list that Ash will faced in the future. If the writer decide to let him challenge him/her or not.

Last edited:
Interesting. Still gotta wonder what role will Cinderace play.
My best guess is Gigantamax Cinderace vs. Gigantamax Pikachu. I feel like they might have Ash feel as if he's fighting Goh? He took note that Leon was using Pokemon he used earlier.

That will very likely mean that Journeys will continue into Gen 9.
I highly doubt it. They aren't going to restart the PWC just so that Ash has another chance to defeat Leon. What would be the point of that when he already got to the finals on his first attempt? Not to mention it would make the pacing of the series and particularly rushing through so much of the PWC even more questionable. There really isn't much for them to do with Journeys to do for another generation, so it would make more sense to start a new series instead.

Personally, I'm still leading towards either a draw or Leon barely manages to win. The fact that Ash got Leon down to his last Pokemon, including I assume defeating his iconic Charizard, would still be enough to show his strength without giving him the number one trainer in the world title. It would be closer to the Darkrai match as opposed to the Kalos League finals in that sense.

My best guess is Gigantamax Cinderace vs. Gigantamax Pikachu. I feel like they might have Ash feel as if he's fighting Goh? He took note that Leon was using Pokemon he used earlier.
Yeah. That's my theory too. Also, Cinderace was the only Pokémon Hop gave a description of when it entered the battle, describing it as "the Strongest Striker".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom