• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually one of the reasons that, despite my reservations, I think Ash might still win. The writers-- or at least some of them--know Alain's victory was unpopular with the show's older fans, hence why they had him go down so easily against Leon. Considering how much this battle resembles Ash's battle with Alain, maybe they're trying to "redo" it with Ash as the winner.

That's actually one of the reasons that, despite my reservations, I think Ash might still win. The writers-- or at least some of them--know Alain's victory was unpopular with the show's older fans, hence why they had him go down so easily against Leon. Considering how much this battle resembles Ash's battle with Alain, maybe they're trying to "redo" it with Ash as the winner.
And they're livestreaming the final episode of the match as well.

They are?
I assume Riley meat this.
Found this over on Serebii, courtesy of Dephender

The "Pocket Monsters" TV anime, which airs every Friday at 6:55pm on the TV Tokyo Network, will finally show the conclusion to the fierce final battle of the "Pokémon World Championships", the tournament that will determine who's the best at Pokémon battling, on Friday November 11th! Promo pictures from the episode "The Finals IV: Partner" have just been revealed, as has a special feature article on the Pokémon World Championships!

2610-735-72e6c2c38aa0307b56f03b66dc011f13-1344x756.jpg

2610-735-742a0f25885c1613caaced3becf53d4e-1344x756.jpg

This battle started as a 6-on-6 full battle, but Satoshi now only has Pikachu left, and Dande just made his strongest partner Lizardon Kyodaimax. The Galar Particles reacted strongly to the clash between the Z-Move "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" and "G-Max Wildfire", which led to the legendary Pokémon Mugendaina showing up, having sensed their increased power! This sudden, unexpected visitor sent the stadium into a frenzy. What could it be here for...?!

In addition, the battle between Satoshi and Dande is finally reaching its climax! Dande has two Pokémon left, the protean goalhunter with the Ability "Libero", Aceburn, and the sword and shield of the Greatest of Them All, Lizardon! And Satoshi throws his fully powered strength at him with his incomparable partner, Pikachu! Will the baton that got passed to it from its teammates lead to victory?!

And on that very same day, the special "Streaming Live! The Satoshi VS Dande Support Special" will be shown on the official Pokémon Youtube channel! It will be hosted by Ryogo Matsumaru and feature guests related to the Pocket Monsters anime. They will hype up the finals battle between Satoshi and Dande alongside you viewers in real time!

2610-735-3d2db0bc255b3b0515d1b8e0504c79f1-1344x756.jpg

Friday November 11th: The Finals IV: Partner
Mugendaina has suddenly appeared in Shoot Stadium! What could it be here for...?! In addition, the battle between Satoshi and Dande is reaching its climax! As they take on Dande's ace Lizardon, Satoshi and Pikachu muster the last of their strength; Everything they've gained from all their encounters, battles and adventures thus far...! Will Satoshi be able to seize the laurels of victory alongside his greatest partner?!

Who will end up being the greatest Pokémon battler of all?! Don't miss the greatest showdown in all history!!

2610-735-1171a36d41b271e898ab7e3eda02a783-640x360.jpg

"Streaming Live! The Satoshi VS Dande Support Special"
Premiere date: Friday November 11th
Premiere time: 6:30pm-7:45pm
Featuring: Ryogo Matsumaru (host), Nicole Fujita, Sunshine Ikezaki and more
URL:
*premiere date, time and content are subject to change
*guests are subject to change

I seriously doubt they'd go to that trouble for an episode where Ash loses.
In an extended preview a new move set about to unfold next week by Pikachu, don't know isn't came straight directly from Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee or not, Pika Papow? If so, it will be turning tide for Ash:
2022-11-04.png

Last edited:
In an extended preview a new move set about to unfold next week by Pikachu, don't know isn't came straight directly from Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee or not, Pika Papow? If so, it will be turning tide for Ash: View attachment 165087

Pika Papow is a movement introduced in Let's Go Pikachu for Pikachu partner. It's a fifth movement, so it wouldn't replace any of the previous movements.

Also, the movement never fails and the power depends on the friendship between Pikachu and its trainer. So, Leon' s Charizard wouldn't have opportunity.

Last edited:
Didn’t they create the journeys formula so they wouldn’t have to be pressured by new game releases? They can throw Paldea region Pokemon into whatever episodes they want randomly.
No, they never said anything about creating the Journeys formula so that they don't have to worry about the new game releases. It was most likely done to celebrate the anime's 25th anniversary, especially with all of the various returns for former main characters. I highly doubt that they'll just randomly throw in the Paldea region and some of its Pokemon. I certainly wouldn't want Paldea to get the Galar treatment. People have been speculating that Journeys would keep going on forever since pretty much it started, but I don't see that happening. If that was the case, there would have been no need to rush through the PWC in order for Ash to battle against Leon now. They could have taken their time if they really didn't have to worry about wrapping everything up for the next series.

I'm also still not convinced that Ash losing would cause a huge backlash, let alone on the same level to losing the Kalos League. I think people were more frustrated with Alain being overpowered than they are with Leon. People were annoyed with how Alain randomly came back to be defeat fodder and the way Diantha was defeated annoyed people too, but I think it helps that Leon is a Champion from the games and he's been hyped up since his debut in the series. I think that makes his strength arguably more justified than it was with Alain. I still haven't seen as much hype for the Master Class as I did with the Kalos League. People want Ash to win of course, but I'm not sure how invested fans are in this match either, especially when the bulk of the buildup for Ash vs. Leon comes from the start of each episode reminding the audience of Ash and Goh's goals. Going head to head with the number one ranked trainer in the world, being able to push him to his limit and be able to defeat his iconic Charizard would still be enough to showcase Ash's strength and skill without giving him the title.

No, they never said anything about creating the Journeys formula so that they don't have to worry about the new game releases. It was most likely done to celebrate the anime's 25th anniversary, especially with all of the various returns for former main characters. I highly doubt that they'll just randomly throw in the Paldea region and some of its Pokemon. I certainly wouldn't want Paldea to get the Galar treatment. People have been speculating that Journeys would keep going on forever since pretty much it started, but I don't see that happening. If that was the case, there would have been no need to rush through the PWC in order for Ash to battle against Leon now. They could have taken their time if they really didn't have to worry about wrapping everything up for the next series.

I'm also still not convinced that Ash losing would cause a huge backlash, let alone on the same level to losing the Kalos League. I think people were more frustrated with Alain being overpowered than they are with Leon. People were annoyed with how Alain randomly came back to be defeat fodder and the way Diantha was defeated annoyed people too, but I think it helps that Leon is a Champion from the games and he's been hyped up since his debut in the series. I think that makes his strength arguably more justified than it was with Alain. I still haven't seen as much hype for the Master Class as I did with the Kalos League. People want Ash to win of course, but I'm not sure how invested fans are in this match either, especially when the bulk of the buildup for Ash vs. Leon comes from the start of each episode reminding the audience of Ash and Goh's goals. Going head to head with the number one ranked trainer in the world, being able to push him to his limit and be able to defeat his iconic Charizard would still be enough to showcase Ash's strength and skill without giving him the title.
Nothing was ever said, yeah. It wouldn't make sense to just continue Journeys with Paldea added. I mean we're at the climax of everyone's story. What more is there to do? This isn't a scenario like the OS. Brock and Misty's goals had no real defining end going from region to region. Goh and Chloe do. Goh achieved part of his goal and they'll either cover the conclusion or he'll just continue with Project Mew. Chloe? She already came to her anticlimactic conclusion. They were hardly interested in doing anything with her. No way they'll keep her around for 3-4 more years.

I think you're right about the backlash being lesser. I don't think it would be AS big, and its mainly because half the fandom actually thinks Ash will lose. I wouldn't really mind much if it wasn't for the fact that people kept spamming "The OST track Weakness is proof he'll lose!" I genuinely want that crowd to be proven wrong. Let's be real. Why would they publicly release a track that spoils him losing? Why? I'd be more irritated by that than the fact of him losing. If he took down his Charizard but fell to Cinderace, I'd have some sense of satisfaction at least because he got to defeat that overgrown lizard that TPCI and Game Freak constantly shoves down our throats. I mean I'm putting this in spoilers but Credible leakers have revealed Charizard is yet again returning in SV....Worse, its the only Kanto starter returning. I'd hate to see him lose to another Charizard. But I do think a big part about Leon's story is he's meant to be defeated. He's built up as this unstoppable Champion and part of his story is figuring out what to do after he's defeated. Part of his story was about passing on the torch to a younger generation. At the same time, if the anime isn't ending and Ash isn't retired, he's not gonna stick around the PWC. He'll move on for more adventures.

The livestream thing is curious, but I don't want to put too much weight on it.

I don't want to deal with the fans if Ash loses. Kalos unleashed hells. I don't want 50 betrayal fics where people try to murder Ash for being the second best in the world a day
The goods news is since Scarlet/Violet comes out the week after people will have something else to focus on soon after.

What are people speculating Eternatus is showing up for? Kinda random. Also, Scorbunny coming last also seems suspicious, doesn't seem good for Ash. But at the same time, there is that live thing, which can only serve to help in an eventual damage control sure, but on the other hand I don't think we've ever had something like that before on finals? Could it be a hint Ash's victory or not?

In any way, given writers randomly gave Eternatus to Leon before all this, I have a feeling he's going to use it someway. It could be the missing cue for Ash's old Pokémon return!

Ash's Charizard sees Eternatus appear:
'Bulbasaur, lets get Squirtle. Ash needs his four strongest at his side at this moment.'

I think there will be a new anime after Journeys but after denying it for so long, I am open to the idea that it won't feature Ash anymore

So I'm a lil' disappointed the Pika Z move didn't win this matchup. Ash should go 1 vs 1 againat Cinderace for a whole episode. But I think it will happen anyway and even as Gmax duel between both.
Things are bad for Ash but for some reason I am more optimistic than I had been before.

Is it for sure the last episode of the final? (No 5th?)

In my view, although I agree it makes sense anime's 25th anniversary likely at least slightly encouraged them to go with Journeys formula instead of a traditional approach, I don't believe it was the main motivator for. I think it's been a while since the anime hasn't been achieving what they expect it to, so it's been a while since they've been more open to trying new things. BW tried the soft-reboot but I guess it didn't work well. Then with XY I guess they tried to go back to something more AG/DP-like to see the results. With SM, they tried something more casual and humorous. So they've been trying new things for some time now, this must have also slightly encouraged them to try Journeys formula out too. But personally I think the main motivator was GO honestly.
Ash's Charizard sees Eternatus appear:
'Bulbasaur, lets get Squirtle. Ash needs his four strongest at his side at this moment.'
Triple Finish/Pika Papow combo
Leon's Charizard faints and it's Cinderace's turn, but Eternatus wants to battle. Leon apologizes to Cinderace and announces that he decides to use Eternatus instead. He also says Eternatus is too strong and that in order to make things fair Ash must use more Pokémon. Ash's Charizard arrives flying in with Bulbasaur and Squirtle. He also reminds Ash of what he talked about in previous episodes that "all their adventures would come together in that battle", as so he wants Ash to use more Pokémon as he wants to "battle all of them". Ash positions Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu and prepares to use his Triple Finish Pika Papow combo while Leon has Eternatus prepares to use Eternabeam.

As both sides load their movements, Leon reiterates "I said I want to battle all of them". Eternatus then summons a dimensional portal from which all of Ash's old Pokémon fall from. Ash tells his crew to prepare their best attack and Leon sends Cinderace to help too as well as saying "I said all of them!". Then Arceus appears and summons all the 905 Pokémon alongside Ash, including itself and prepares to launch an attack. Leon come in and says "I said all of them! Come with them all!" Then Arceus summons all Pokémon from Paldea and from all future regions as well as they prepare to launch their Penta Finish Pika Papow Ultra Mega Giga Max combo attack against Leon's Eternatus Eternabeam. The clash of movements is so strong that it devastates Leon and the rest of Earth's humanity and the anime resets to Paldea. The end.

Last edited:
In my view, although I agree it makes sense anime's 25th anniversary likely at least slightly encouraged them to go with Journeys formula instead of a traditional approach, I don't believe it was the main motivator for. I think it's been a while since the anime hasn't been achieving what they expect it to, so it's been a while since they've been more open to trying new things. BW tried the soft-reboot but I guess it didn't work well. Then with XY I guess they tried to go back to something more AG/DP-like to see the results. With SM, they tried something more casual and humorous. So they've been trying new things for some time now, this must have also slightly encouraged them to try Journeys formula out too. But personally I think the main motivator was GO honestly.

Leon's Charizard faints and it's Scorbunny's turn, but Eternatus wants to battle. Leon apologizes to Scorbunny and announces that he decides to use Eternatus instead. He also says Eternatus is too strong and that in order to make things fair Ash must use more Pokémon. Ash's Charizard arrives flying in with Bulbasaur and Squirtle. He also reminds Ash of what he talked about in previous episodes that "all their adventures would come together in that battle", as so he wants Ash to use more Pokémon as he "wants to battle all of them". Ash positions Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu and prepares to use his Triple Finish Pika Papow combo while Leon has Eternatus prepares to use Eternabeam.

As both sides load their movements, Leon reiterates "I said I want to battle all of them". Eternatus then summons a dimensional portal from which all of Ash's old Pokémon fall from. Ash tells his crew to prepare their best attack and Leon sends Scorbunny to help too as well as saying "I said all of them!". Then Arceus appears and summons all the 905 Pokémon alongside Ash, including himself and prepares to launch an attack. Leon come in and says "I said all of them! Come with them all!" Then Arceus summons all Pokémon from Paldea and from all future regions as well as they prepare to launch their Penta Finish Pika Papow Ultra Mega Giga Max combo attack against Leon's Eternatus Eternabeam. The clash of movements is so strong that it devastates Leon and the rest of Earth's humanity and the anime resets to Paldea. The end.
Doesn't this imply Eternatus fights itself, it is one of "all of them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom