• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

Re: English names

Klink, Klang, and Klinklang.

If we introduce "Klunk" as well, we can get up to 7!

Hacksaurus. Love it.

Kibago's line got the best names, IMO.

While some of these names to me, seems to have missed the point of localisation, seeming harder to pronounce than their Japanese names, overall, they're pretty cool.

While some of these names to me, seems to have missed the point of localisation, seeming harder to pronounce than their Japanese names, overall, they're pretty cool.

>.> everyone stares at Reuniclus, how the hell do they want that to be said xD. As for cool the Elgyem guy and Beeheyem are probably some of my favorites besides the Axew line

>.> everyone stares at Reuniclus, how the hell do they want that to be said xD. As for cool the Elgyem guy and Beeheyem are probably some of my favorites besides the Axew line

Reuniclus... Is it supposed to be a combination of Reunite + Ranculous??

I don't know if anyone's already said this about Cofagrigus, but I have some thoughts:
Cof- is clearly coffin, and -igus is probably sarcophagus (which the word "coffin" is actually derived from), but the -ag- in the middle is unaccounted for. I have a few ideas.

1) it could be "agrivate" relating to its anger (it is a mummy)
2) it could be the end of "bog" where many mummies are found (although I guess since it resembles a coffin it clearly doesn't relate to bogs very much)
3) (most likely): Aggregate also refers to a composite typically made up of sand and gravel which is used to make concrete. Aggregate is sort of a primitive form of concrete, which is similar to what was used to make coffins. Aggregate also refers to a collection of items that are gathered together to form a total quantity. Not sure if this relates, but hey.

Krokorok sounds like Octorok meets Korok. Lol Zelda.

lol pokemon names are just retarded now in fact the japanese names sounded better

Galvantula! Win.
Crustle!...not...so...much...
Whimsicott! Awesome!
Unfezant! ...yeah...

I really like some and some are just...oy.

Already knows the origin of Alomomola and Zweilous?

nomesocidentais.png
Lol

lol pokemon names are just retarded now in fact the japanese names sounded better
Yeah, 'cause pokemon names have never been retarded before *cough* seel.

And how could the Japanese names sound better if they're in another language?

Bianca's a nice name and all, but why not change Cheren while they're there? The 'pick names out of a hat' policy strikes again. Oy.

Fennel? As a surname like someone mentioned earlier, sure. As a first name, though? Can't see it.

Gothitelle... they can sorta see into the future, right? Like a fortune teller. Being similar to the original name is a nice little bonus, too.

Cofagrigus is a mouthful! Also tricky to spell.

Haven't had much time to look over the big list yet, but regarding Sandile's evolutions: they totally sound like long-lost members of the Kremling family from Donkey Kong Country.

Blake. See what I did there.

Also, Gurdurr, Haxorus, Golurk <3? Fraxure is amazing, though.

what now... GYM LEADERZ!

Dent/Pod/Corn
Aloe (or Vera, for a Joke)
Arti
Stacey (or the more common guess, Elektra)
Cliff
Maria
Mace
Shaga or Draco, even Dorian
Iris

Vera could be her surname. :lol:

(Yeah, the surname DOES exist. It's Spanish)

The list has so many names you can laugh your ass off to its not funny. It starts from Serperior, to Zebstrika and then it just goes into nonsense land. I mean pawniard? Seriously, nothing could come up for a red blue dragon but that?

Back
Top Bottom