• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

yeah i am so used to there not being movie threads yet i just made them all over in my usual excitement. you can just delete it!

so since genesect will also be in the anime, for sure? he could be the first movie pokemon to ACTUALLY be in the anime (not just be alluded to heavily for an episode's plot, i mean show up and be in many episodes) and then also be in a movie.

what are the chances of this movie being a canon continuation of the anime somehow? not saying i expect it, just musing. impossible? possible? meh?

Finally the time is almost here.

Come on, title hinting at Gen VI.

Threads merged, so now you can continue your convo from the last thread if you want. :)

Is the Genesect news being revealed today?

edit: looks like Pokemon Smash already aired in Japan. oops.

what are the chances of this movie being a canon continuation of the anime somehow? not saying i expect it, just musing. impossible? possible? meh?
It's possible, but I just find it very unlikely that the movie will be treated as the culmination of Episode N. It makes more sense for Genesect's relationship with Team Plasma to be explored on the show, with the movie focusing on its ancient origin. If N really joins Ash for the entire season, then I expect to see him in the movie, as well. But I doubt that Ghetsis or Colress will have a bigger role in the movie than Giovanni did in Movie 1, which is to say that they will only appear in the prologue if at all.

We know from the games that N was against Genesect being altered. Perhaps this movie will have N undo the experiment to unlock Genesect's true self. Genesect will have already escaped from Team Plasma by then.

Re: 2013 Movie 16: First Poster Coming Soon, and Genesect?

The Fighting Misty said:
If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak. Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

Just wondering, if you're convinced about what you're saying, then how do you think they can they extend Gen V for another two years (unless nothing comes out during that time frame)? I doubt they'll release any more DS games since Masuda even admitted that Nintendo was upset with BW2 being released on the DS. By the way, "a main movie Pokemon" doesn't mean it is "the main movie Pokemon." Unless I'm missing something here, I think it's safe to assume Genesect is one of two or more stars. Also, I'm not attacking your opinion, but rather considering the possibilities under your outlook on this matter.

The Fighting Misty said:
If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak. Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

Just wondering, if you're convinced about what you're saying, then how do you think they can they extend Gen V for another two years (unless nothing comes out during that time frame)? I doubt they'll release any more DS games since Masuda even admitted that Nintendo was upset with BW2 being released on the DS. By the way, "a main movie Pokemon" doesn't mean it is "the main movie Pokemon." Unless I'm missing something here, I think it's safe to assume Genesect is one of two or more stars. Also, I'm not attacking your opinion, but rather considering the possibilities under your outlook on this matter.

they could just bring in RSE remakes

best-wishes-season-2-episode-n.jpg

If that screen in this poster is any indication (though don't bet too much on it), Episode N may tie into the movie.

Though that would be a little strange. We haven't had a movie connect to the show since the first one (no, I'm not counting the references to Movie 2 in the Baby Lugia arc), and even then that really didn't work out. Here's hoping that someone doesn't press the reset button in this movie's climax...

1. Would LOVE to see the next movie tie into the TV show for the first time in ages.

2. There is certainly hope for a Gen VI Pokemon to be in this, even if they only mention Genesect at first. Remember, for M15 the original poster was Kyurem and the Three Musketeers. They didn't even hint at Gen V until the February before M13, and the games were released in Japan that September. The Gen VI Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to take center stage, (*unrealistically hoping for Genesect vs Mewtwo*) it could have a similar side role like the Munchlax in M7.

I am a little leery about why it's almost mid-December and they haven't even given us a preliminary title (spent more time announcing Episode N). It's probably something big though.

If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak.

Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

If Genosect was the main star of the movie, I don't think it would have been revealed first. They would have kept it a secret or have older Pokemon during the initial trailer, similar to how they had Lugia vs. Ho-Oh for the Zoroark movie. I also can't really see them extending the fifth generation for that much longer since I imagine that both Nintendo and Gamefreak would want to get the first main series games on the 3DS and I don't think that they would want to release remakes as the first main series games on the 3DS, although I certainly wouldn't mind R/S remakes. Besides that, I really can't see them having Ash rechallenge any league that he participated in in the past, let alone the first one, and I honestly don't think that interested in getting Ash into a Champion League at all.

Anyway, I think that tying the movie to the N arc would be pretty interesting and it could help to make the movie stand out. It would also make it more likely for N to appear, which would just make the movie more awesome for me.

2. There is certainly hope for a Gen VI Pokemon to be in this, even if they only mention Genesect at first. Remember, for M15 the original poster was Kyurem and the Three Musketeers. They didn't even hint at Gen V until the February before M13, and the games were released in Japan that September. The Gen VI Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to take center stage, (*unrealistically hoping for Genesect vs Mewtwo*) it could have a similar side role like the Munchlax in M7.

I heavily doubt it will be like Munchlax. For Genesect to have been revealed so early, the first Gen 6 Pokemon will be a BIG costar with it. Deoxys was not shown early just because Munchlax was going to be revealed. Instead things went as usual with a February reveal, then Munchlax being shown in May.

I am a little leery about why it's almost mid-December and they haven't even given us a preliminary title (spent more time announcing Episode N). It's probably something big though.

The last time it took this long was for Zoroark's movie...

The last time it took this long was for Zoroark's movie...

and i am positive we are going to go in a very similar fashion. i am ridiculously excited for gen 6 hype to begin any day now, even if its only one letter. though the poster reveal may be only genesect and ash gaping at it and dento and iris also gaping at it, well, just the fact there's nothing left to be their big late-winter spring reveal is proof to me we're getting something new.

and i am positive we are going to go in a very similar fashion. i am ridiculously excited for gen 6 hype to begin any day now, even if its only one letter. though the poster reveal may be only genesect and ash gaping at it and dento and iris also gaping at it, well, just the fact there's nothing left to be their big late-winter spring reveal is proof to me we're getting something new.

Now that it's known Genesect's TCG debut is occurring earlier than usual for movie stars, it seems even more likely something from Gen 6 is going to be the main focus.

Come on CoroCoro, leak tomorrow and hint at that new Pokemon.

Edit: I've also noticed that, yet again, Genesect has been depicted in some rocky desert. The teaser, the screenshot, the alternate art, the figure, the TCG art, etc. Presumably that's where the movie's plot will be set.

Last edited:

Edit: I've also noticed that, yet again, Genesect has been depicted in some rocky desert. The teaser, the screenshot, the alternate art, the figure, the TCG art, etc. Presumably that's where the movie's plot will be set.
Never a movie plot was set on known places, right? I would put my coin on another try to debut Relic Castle otherwise.

If it's not a Generation 6 Pokémon it's probably Genesect's Ancient Form but fingers crossed it's a new Pokémon as well as Genesect's Ancient Form I was so upset that in BW2 they didn't even give it a new Form.

If it's not a Generation 6 Pokémon it's probably Genesect's Ancient Form but fingers crossed it's a new Pokémon as well as Genesect's Ancient Form I was so upset that in BW2 they didn't even give it a new Form.

Ancient Genesect should be a separate Pokemon, like Mew was to Mewtwo.

Thanks for the links!~

So the big news is a shiny Genesect...hmmm.. I guess it's still early.

Hmmmmmm... Never expected the shiny.

And what's the title?

The bottom two links don't work for me, only the first one. Also, why are Kyogre/Groudon on the first scan? Can anyone translate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom