• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

My only question is why are they giving another Genesect so early when the movie starts in July it seems a bit strange to me and leads me to believe that there will definitely be another star possibly a Generation 6 Pokémon. Also probably because Generation 6 games do come out next year it also leads me to believe that they want to finish promoting all Generation 5 Pokémon related things earlier than usual.

Last edited:

So wait, is the Extremespeed Genescet a new forme or just Genescet when in flight?

I think the shiny Genesect will be featured in Episode N, not the regular, that was already featured in the preview. The stories can be somewhat related: after seeing a Genesect being resurrected, some of the scientists from Black Plasma decide to resurrect another Genesect by their own.
I don't follow your logic. The movie teaser is outdated; it's safe to assume that there will only be one Genesect in this movie, and it will be the shiny one from the poster. If the shiny Genesect were also featured in Episode N, then the regular one wouldn't be featured at all.

Black Team Plasma will be involved with Genesect in Episode N. The shiny Genesect, though? I highly doubt it, as that would defeat the purpose of using another Genesect for the movie.

CoroCoro_Genesect_3.png

Genesect looks like a car in that form, okay I gotta admit that does look kinda badass. I also like its Alternate Colored color over its normal purple, looks much more pleasing toward the eyes and gets me a bit hyped for the Genesect movie. Though the Pokedex seems to only imply there's one Genesect that was modified by Team Plasma, the one in the anime is that one for sure but not so sure how this one came to be. Probably just the anime taking liberties plus it makes sense, they just can't change its design or anything.

Extremespeed, eh? That does help with the middling speed Genesect has.

A shiny version of an older legendary starring? That sounds awfully familiar.

I'm not sure what exactly is the point of distributing Genesect early again next year though.

I think the shiny Genesect will be featured in Episode N, not the regular, that was already featured in the preview. The stories can be somewhat related: after seeing a Genesect being resurrected, some of the scientists from Black Plasma decide to resurrect another Genesect by their own.
I don't follow your logic. The movie teaser is outdated; it's safe to assume that there will only be one Genesect in this movie, and it will be the shiny one from the poster. If the shiny Genesect were also featured in Episode N, then the regular one wouldn't be featured at all.

Black Team Plasma will be involved with Genesect in Episode N. The shiny Genesect, though? I highly doubt it, as that would defeat the purpose of using another Genesect for the movie.
It may be outdated, but we don't have much information right now. Even though they can throw the teaser at the trash bin and pretend that regular one never was settled to be shown in the movie, until it is confirmed, I will still think this is what's going to happen. Also, it could generate a plot when N saw the shiny Genesect and became surprised because the resurrected one that he had seen was the regular one, so the movie could be the final of this plot, assuming it will be related with the anime.

Who could be involved with the shiny Genesect but Team Plasma? None, except for the members and ex-members, know anything about Genesect.

It may be outdated, but we don't have much information right now. Even though they can throw the teaser at the trash bin and pretend that regular one never was settled to be shown in the movie, until it is confirmed, I will still think this is what's going to happen.
Early movie teasers have never meant anything concrete, so why should they now? It's understandable that they didn't want to spoil Genesect's alternate color back in July. Why do you think there's only one Genesect featured in the movie poster?

Who could be involved with the shiny Genesect but Team Plasma? None, except for the members and ex-members, know anything about Genesect.
Anyone could mimic Team Plasma's experiment after the regular Genesect is unleashed. Why would Team Plasma need a second Genesect?

Last edited:

the magazine treats it like a different form in not so many words... this is my translation i C/Ped from pokebeach: "Genesect's retracted form below is called its "High Speed Flight Form." The magazine says "In this form he can fly through the skies at high speed. Check for this in the movie!"

please note japanese tend to have different terms for form when we all just turn it into "form" so don't take it too seriously yet, might just be the wording.

Last edited:

Why would Team Plasma need a second Genesect?

Because more Genesects = Easier ability conquer things. It's like asking "Why would the army need another tank?"

the magazine treats it like a different form in not so many words... this is my translation i C/Ped from pokebeach: "Genesect's retracted form below is called its "High Speed Flight Form." The magazine says "In this form he can fly through the skies at high speed. Check for this in the movie!"

please note japanese tend to have different terms for form when we all just turn it into "form" so don't take it too seriously yet, might just be the wording.

I remember, Keldeo's new form was also referred to as such without the "e" on the end denoting it's truly different. Is that the case here?

So the movie Genesect will not only be a Shiny Pokemon, but it will also know a move that it would not normally learn?

Once again, the anime trailers follow through with the tradition that the original trailer clip has nothing to do with the final movie at all.

The movie title sounds awfully generic: "Extremspeed Genesect." I can't wait to see what the real title will be in March.

Last edited:

It's just a shiny Genesect, so it would be really ridiculous if they tried to pass it off as a Forme. Even Resolute Form at least looked different.

Zistal said:
Because more Genesects = Easier ability conquer things. It's like asking "Why would the army need another tank?"
If they want more tanks, they should be aiming for the Tao trio as they did in the games. We don't need to see redundant repetition.

It's just a shiny Genesect, so it would be really ridiculous if they tried to pass it off as a Forme. Even Resolute Form at least looked different.

We're talking about its flight form, not shiny coloration.

If they want more tanks, they should be aiming for the Tao trio as they did in the games. We don't need to see redundant repetition.

The Tao trio are the nukes, Genesects would be the tanks/jets.

I imagine Genesect turning into a car is the same idea as Darkrai growing legs in Movie 10...not an actual in-game form, but exclusive to the movie.

Although one question remains...Autobot or Decepticon?

TRANSFORMERS! DUH-DUH DUH DUH-DUH!

I imagine Genesect turning into a car is the same idea as Darkrai growing legs in Movie 10...not an actual in-game form, but exclusive to the movie.

Although one question remains...Autobot or Decepticon?

TRANSFORMERS! DUH-DUH DUH DUH-DUH!

Normal Genesect is a Decepticon, and the shiny one is an Autobot.

Ooooh shiny!Genesect. What a nice color...I hope they make it available for all Gen V games, and not just for B2/W2.

Is that all what was in CoroCoro this month? Nothing about the anime?

Yeah but they have never before used Kanji as a form name which is why I question it being a form, plus we saw it in July too.

I have only really seen two form naming systems before in Pokémon games: すがた which goes to "Form" in English as per Castform, Cherrim, Keldeo etc. and フォルム which becomes Forme in English as per Shaymin, Meloetta, Giratina etc. The only time it doesn't use those two is when the form has got it's own special name as seen with Rotom and Kyurem

While 形態 does come to form/shape, it's completely different to anything we have ever seen before and we have never seen them use Kanji as a name in the Pokémon games.

I fully expect this to not be a proper form and will just be like Golurk turning into a rocket and cannon...just a minor change it does without actually being a form change that we will not see in the games.

That said, I'd happily be wrong.

Yeah but they have never before used Kanji as a form name which is why I question it being a form, plus we saw it in July too.

I have only really seen two form naming systems before in Pokémon games: すがた which goes to "Form" in English as per Castform, Cherrim, Keldeo etc. and フォルム which becomes Forme in English as per Shaymin, Meloetta, Giratina etc. The only time it doesn't use those two is when the form has got it's own special name as seen with Rotom and Kyurem

While 形態 does come to form/shape, it's completely different to anything we have ever seen before and we have never seen them use Kanji as a name in the Pokémon games.

I fully expect this to not be a proper form and will just be like Golurk turning into a rocket and cannon...just a minor change it does without actually being a form change that we will not see in the games.

yeah, i think the same, which is what i meant by "don't take it too seriously". i don't really know a better translation than "form" but i don't think it necessarily means what it usually means to us in english, haha. i am mostly intrigued by how it promises he has extreme speeds in that "form" - would stats and moves changing make it a real "form"? i dunno the official qualifiers. XD

I remember, Keldeo's new form was also referred to as such without the "e" on the end denoting it's truly different. Is that the case here?

i.... i don't know ;u;. is that 'e' even an official thing, or do we just do it sometimes since it looks so kewlies? like i said i don't know the requirements for a true "form/e". the japanese have used different terms and maybe this term they are using for genesect will become one. i just dunno!

yeah, i think the same, which is what i meant by "don't take it too seriously". i don't really know a better translation than "form" but i don't think it necessarily means what it usually means to us in english, haha. i am mostly intrigued by how it promises he has extreme speeds in that "form" - would stats and moves changing make it a real "form"? i dunno the official qualifiers. XD

i.... i don't know ;u;. is that 'e' even an official thing, or do we just do it sometimes since it looks so kewlies? like i said i don't know the requirements for a true "form/e". the japanese have used different terms and maybe this term they are using for genesect will become one. i just dunno!

Well it knowing the move Extremespeed could do that. It's just people are believing outright it's an official alternate form :/

For clarification, Form/すがた is when changes are superficial; Appearance, type at a stretch. Forme/フォルム is when there's a massive change, stats change etc.

It may be outdated, but we don't have much information right now. Even though they can throw the teaser at the trash bin and pretend that regular one never was settled to be shown in the movie, until it is confirmed, I will still think this is what's going to happen.
Early movie teasers have never meant anything concrete, so why should they now? It's understandable that they didn't want to spoil Genesect's alternate color back in July. Why do you think there's only one Genesect featured in the movie poster?
Now you got me. I have no answers for it. n_n"

Anyone could mimic Team Plasma's experiment after the regular Genesect is unleashed. Why would Team Plasma need a second Genesect?
The question is how. The ex-members wouldn't do so because they follow N's logic. The members back then are now part of Black Team Plasma.

And well, as others said, you have two legendaries pokémon, you have a force to be reckoned with.

The Tao trio was already featured in the movies, while Genesect not. While they may be aiming for the Tao trio in the anime, they may as well aim for a second Genesect in the movies.

Okay I looked more closely at the scans and I'm extremely disappointed that the Genesect they're distributing isn't shiny. That's just cruel. ;w;

Well at least they're distributing it for B/W as well this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom