• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that

True.

But look at it this way, in Generation one, there was Red and Blue, then they introduced the idea of a 3rd better version with Green. They then went further and made Yellow which was very different.
Actually red and green were released first in Japan, then they released red and blue for North America, then after that came yellow.

Re: Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that

Actually red and green were released first in Japan, then they released red and blue for North America, then after that came yellow.

On Bulbapedia it says Japan had 4 games. Red,Blue,Green,Yellow? I thought that was the case?

On Bulbapedia it says Japan had 4 games. Red,Blue,Green,Yellow? I thought that was the case?

well blue came after red and green in japan, bulbapedia says that it was given to those that subscribed to coro coro

Yes, there are four games. That is correct. Blue was actually the third version to Red and Green.

Now when the games are brought over to the United States, and other countries, we got Red and Blue. That Red was based on Blue.

So was I right in my original post, that there was surprises even then? That their isn't really a formula for these things? Because there was 4 versions in Gen 1, in Gen 2 the 3rd name was completely unexpected, in Gen 3, we had completely unexpected remakes, then in Gen 4, the order of 3rd version and remakes was changed, with the name of the 3rd version being completely unexpected, and no one guessing the full names of the remakes.

There's not really a pattern established.

Who knows what will happen for the fifth generation, right now we still have to wait for the international release of black and white

Meh, doesn't matter to me. I'll get Black, then if Grey/RAINBOWS! version comes out later, I'll get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom