• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

• Seminalshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • AvantGardeshipping

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Bombshellshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Inquisitionshipping

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • GildedLilyshipping

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sooooo, I need a wee bit assistance in naming Marlon/Hugh? o3o *why does this even have a following?*

Sooooo, I need a wee bit assistance in naming Marlon/Hugh? o3o *why does this even have a following?*

well if memory serves me right kyouhei and marlon is wetsuitshipping, so how aboutt DrysuitShipping for marlon & hugh as those are also used by divers.

well if memory serves me right kyouhei and marlon is wetsuitshipping, so how aboutt DrysuitShipping for marlon & hugh as those are also used by divers.
Hmm, maybe. =) I'll keep it in mind. Though I'm not sure with keeping the swimmer/diver outfit theme, since Hugh doesn't seem to have one.

hmm... maybe Salineshipping? i always associate hugh with the colour grey, and "grey"+"water" obviously makes me think "salt water"...
or maybe we could go fish themed!! Minnowshipping or Morayshipping, perhaps? ;p

Hugh uses a Samurott in the B2W2 trailer, so maybe the water theme can be kept ?

hmm... maybe Salineshipping? i always associate hugh with the colour grey, and "grey"+"water" obviously makes me think "salt water"...
or maybe we could go fish themed!! Minnowshipping or Morayshipping, perhaps? ;p
*juggles* Sealionshipping or Ashikashiping is the best I could come up with in vein with all those, but I'm not convinced either are the best, since Sealion is bland and Ashika is pretty-but-loses-something?I-guess. (And don't suggest Pinniped; that's really ugly.) Reasons: marine animal, Samurott, and Hugh's hair is like a puffy mane (hedgehog really, but Sonicshipping is taken and that bastard can't swim for crud).

Otarineshipping would be really sexy but then it loses the 'lion' bit. *which is the connecting point in my head now*

Saline is definitely a sleek word (and should be used somewhere if not here) but even so it doesn't seem to work with Hugh. Might have to sit on it.

D: omgosh, why am I picky? Sorry, guys. Thank you so far. ;3;

okay could do with some sugestions for these shippings.

Sewaddle x Snivy
Swadloon x Servine
Leavanny x Serperior

I came up with some ideas but i wasn't satisfied that they were good enough.All suggestions are appreciated.

Let's see... The two lines shares the Grass-type... Snivy line is based on green snakes (with Serperior being also based on Louis XIV, a french king), while the Sewaddle line is based on caterpillars (with Leavanny being able to make clothes). Also, a female Leavanny serves a female Serperior in PokéPark 2.

Sewaddle & Snivy = BugleafShipping (a pun on the Bug-type and Snivy's fan surname Smugleaf)

Swadloon & Servine = CoiledAroundShipping (Swadloon's appearence can be seen as a stereotype of someone who suffers from Hikikomori, or "acute social anxiety disorder" in Japan. Servine, as a Pokémon based on snakes can coil themselves in the sense of "closing themselves up")

Leavanny & Serperior = CouturiereShipping (Couturier is french for tailor, sewer, fashion designer... Seeing how these 2 Pokémons appears in PokéPark 2 as females, using the female orthograph for Couturier would be appropriate. I think...)

Swadloon & Servine = CoiledAroundShipping (Swadloon's appearence can be seen as a stereotype of someone who suffers from Hikikomori, or "acute social anxiety disorder" in Japan. Servine, as a Pokémon based on snakes can coil themselves in the sense of "closing themselves up")
Make it just "CoilAroundshipping" and you have the J!name for the move Coil, which I'm pretty sure is favored in the Snivy line.

So, a while ago, I was pondering to try and choose a fine name for Lugia x Gothitelle (it's absent from the list, it should be unnamed to this point. If I'm mistaken, please slap me in the face).

The best I could come up with is: AstralWavesShipping.

It refers to various elements regarding the two Pokémon: psychic power (both are Psychic-types), Gothitelle's species name (Astral Body), and the sea (Lugia is the Guardian of the Seas).
I find it rather cute, but I'm still a bit unsure. Do you think I should submit it as it is? If you have any suggestions for better names, feel free to post!

Last edited:
okay heres two fun ones for you guys, need shipping names suggestions

Mudkip & Oshawott
Dewott & Marshstomp

all suggestions appreciated.

Um, I'm suggesting a name for both, as it could fit either...
MudpuppyMusselShipping- Due to the fact that Mudkip/Marhstomp are seemingly both based off Mudpuppies, and Dewott/Oshawott's affinity with shells. You could shorten it to Mussel, but the meaning could get lost...

I'll try to think up of another name to fit the other.

Last edited:
Um, I'm suggesting a name for both, as it could fit either...
MudpuppyMusselShipping- Due to the fact that Mudkip/Marhstomp are seemingly both based off Mudpuppies, and Dewott/Oshawott's affinity with shells. You could shorten it to Mussel, but the meaning could get lost...

I'll try to think up of another name to fit the other.

thanks for that idea.want to make sure both receive a name.all suggestions still welcome.

Dewott & Marshstomp; how about manateeshipping?

i'm afraid your a bit late on that one i some sent me a private idea for dewott and marshtomp.It's been submitted already.Thanks though.

however heres some i still have yet to come up with names for

Sewaddle & Venipede
Swadloon & Whirlipede
Leavanny & Scolipede

Burgh x Looker, we came up with "FlyOnTheWallShipping", though other suggestions are welcome too.

Burgh x Looker, we came up with "FlyOnTheWallShipping", though other suggestions are welcome too.

yeah that sounds cool to me.I'd go for FlyOnTheWallshipping.

Am still taking suggestions for

Sewaddle & Venipede
Swadloon & Whirlipede
Leavanny & Scolipede

Back
Top Bottom