• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

Angad

Prayers to Oak Creek
Reaction score
I don't think there is a topic discussing about new moves or abilities that a Pokemon has, as those are band-wagoned on other topics. I apologise if I am not supposed to make this one. The "distribution" in the topic means that old abilities are added on old Pokemon, like Hydration on Vaporeon and Ice Body on Glaceon.

Anyway, there had been a good number of new moves and abilities being revealed, and I think this is a good topic to put opinions and thoughts into.

So to start, it was revealed that Sand Throw is the double-speeder of Sandstorm, like Swift Swim and Chlorophyll, and Moguryu (I think that's how the name is spelt) and possibly family gets it. This sounds like an ability that Cacnea and Cacturne gets, and we have yet another Pokemon that sandstorm teams love to have, because admit it, the cacti Pokemon are hard-hitters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

No, Sacred Fire should stay with Ho-oh.

FLARE BLITZ FLAREON
I will continue saying this for every new game until it happens.

I really want to see older not very used pokemon get moves once thought exclusive to a certain pokemon, so this thread is meant for suggestions for moves for pokemon to get next generation.

Like I really want to see a Flareon with Sacred Fire. Or a Garchomp with Dragon Dance.

I lol'd you wanna give Flareon a Sp Atk on it's max 317 Sp Atk when, like VIVIT said, it should get Flare Blitz..added on it's max 394 Atk..

Anyways Luxray could use Volt Tackle, Rampardos and T-tar could use Rock Wrecker, and Roserade or Exxegutor could use Seed Flare.

I lol'd you wanna give Flareon a Sp Atk on it's max 317 Sp Atk when, like VIVIT said, it should get Flare Blitz..added on it's max 394 Atk..

Anyways Luxray could use Volt Tackle, Rampardos and T-tar could use Rock Wrecker, and Roserade or Exxegutor could use Seed Flare.

It's funny that you thought Sacred fire was a special move. You know... Because it's physical. Although Flare Blitz is a good move on Flareon, I don't think he has the speed to pull it off.

Sacred fire is physical. ninja'd on this statement

Those suggestions would seriously downgrade the pokemon to whom those moves are exclusive (not counting smeargle, obviously.) If you want those moves, get a member of the Pikachu family, a Rhyperior, and a Shaymin, respectively.

It's funny that you thought Sacred fire was a special move. You know... Because it's physical. Although Flare Blitz is a good move on Flareon, I don't think he has the speed to pull it off.
Hm I'm sorry then just though it always was...
And I suppose it somehow has the speed to pull off a Sacred Fire?
Sacred fire is physical. ninja'd on this statement

Those suggestions would seriously downgrade the pokemon to whom those moves are exclusive (not counting smeargle, obviously.) If you want those moves, get a member of the Pikachu family, a Rhyperior, and a Shaymin, respectively.
I thought this thread was to give opinions on moves and shit, I guess I'll just go and post irrelevant comments in a thread.

How about earth power, rock gem, dark pulse, and lot's of other cool special moves for Sceptile? He needs them. Preferbly by level up.

And Linoone needs to get Extremespeed by an easier way than he does now.

Sacred Fire is Ho-Oh's signature move. Giving it to a non-legendary would just be cheap, as opposed to Flare Blitz where there is NO reason for Flareon not to have it.

All I say is this.
Regigigas/Slaking/Snorlax+Explosion

Sacred Fire is Ho-Oh's signature move. Giving it to a non-legendary would just be cheap, as opposed to Flare Blitz where there is NO reason for Flareon not to have it.

I understand that I don't want it to just be outclassed by Arcanine, and Flareon's defense is low anyways so a burn on his enemy would help him a lot.

Hm I'm sorry then just though it always was...
And I suppose it somehow has the speed to pull off a Sacred Fire?

That's a valid point but I was referring to the recoil finishing off Flareon after (likely) getting hit. That was my bad, I wasn't very clear on what I meant by that.

Last edited:

i do not want to see signature moves going to other pokemon, so, no rock-wrecker T-tar,
but i do want to see all the Psydo-Legies get their own signatures, so maby (move here) T-tar

and if gyarados is going to continue to have flying, it should learn more flying moves

Gyarados should at least get Aerial Ace. I've wanted Umbreon to have crunch (even though it isn't an attacker unless using payback). Typhlosion wants discharge.

Flare Blitz for Flareon, as said above. Likewise, Flare Blitz for Entei (Keeping it event-only would be awful).

Leaf Blade for Victreebel. If Bellossom can learn it, so can Victreebel, who has more blade-like leaves. I mean, seriously. I love Bellossom, but that was weird even for me.

Can't think of much else. I just hope some Types that have terrible or not too widespread physical attacks (Fire and Electric, to name two) get some more to make certain Pokémon more useful.

I want to see Leaf Blade, Muddy Water, and Blaze Kick become re-exclusive to their original owners. But I know it won't happen. Electrode should get Bounce (cause it's a ball). Venusaur should get Poison Jab. It probably wouldn't be too useful on it, but it makes sense. I mean, Venusaur's a "Poison"-type, and it could just "jab" with its vines. Gyarados seriously needs to get more Flying moves, including Fly. Finally, I'd like to see Head Smash on Torterra.

how does fire and electric have only 2 physical moves? Fire has about five (Sacred fire, Flame wheel, Flare Blitz, Fire Punch and Fire Fang) and electric has (Volt tackle, Thunder punch, thunder fang, and spark) but maybe a stronger physical electric move in between thunder punch and volt tackle's base power (75-120)

EDIT: And Victreebel already learns Leaf blade.

how does fire and electric have only 2 physical moves? Fire has about five (Sacred fire, Flame wheel, Flare Blitz, Fire Punch and Fire Fang) and electric has (Volt tackle, Thunder punch, thunder fang, and spark) but maybe a stronger physical electric move in between thunder punch and volt tackle's base power (75-120)
That's what I meant. Both quantity and distribution. As it is, Sacred Fire is exclusive to one Pokémon. Flame Wheel is nothing most Fire Pokémon learn, and it's very weak to boot. Flare Blitz has alright distribution besides two candidates that make sense but are still unable to learn it. To me, it makes much less sense than every Fire Pokémon can now learn Solar Beam than having all Fire Pokémon capable of Flare Blitz. Fire Fang is, like Flame Wheel, too weak for serious use. Fire Punch is limited to bipedal Fire Types, or those that have arms.

Electric is worse. Spark and Thunder Fang are like Flame Wheel and Fire Fang, but are the only widespread options. Quadruped Pokémon can't learn Thunder Punch. Volt Tackle is exclusive to the Pikachu family.

So yes, a Physical Fire and/or Electric Move with 75+ base power and that can be learned by most, if not all Pokémon of such Type would be very welcome.

EDIT: And Victreebel already learns Leaf Blade.
Oh, that's right. Been off the loop for a while now. But good. At least they got this done.

Last edited:

Metagross isn't bipedal yet he can still learn the elemental punches.

Metagross isn't bipedal yet he can still learn the elemental punches.
Metagross is a special case, as it's made a point that its legs double as arms due to the way they're jointed, and due to its previous stage having two arms. Not the case for the vast majority of other quadruped, more animal-like Pokémon. An exception doesn't means it can be done this way for every quadruped creature. Certainly isn't such for the developers.

I still find it weird how Gastly got the Elemental punches. When Blaze Kick came out I always thought they would make a thunder kick and ice kick xD

Back
Top Bottom