• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

[M476]: Other Bug PP: 20 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: Whenever an opposing PokÈmon uses an attack with a target of "single non-user" or "single opposing PokÈmon" this round and there is a Pokemon at the position of this attack's user, it is directed to the Pokemon at the position of this attack's user instead of to any other non-user of that attack. Remains effective even if user is replaced. Priority level 3.

It's Follow Me that you can switch a defence-heavy Pokemon into? Oh the humanity

[M521]: Special Electric PP: 20 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: After this attack is used, if this attack is successful, if user has at least 1 HP, and if user's party has at least one non-active PokÈmon and the opposing Pokemon's party has at least one unfainted PokÈmon that isn't an egg, this attack causes the user to switch even if it cannot switch. (The new PokÈmon becomes active immediately. Effect of Destiny Bond and Grudge takes precedence over this attack's effect.)

Is this the same as U-Turn?

[M542]: Special Flying PP: 10 Power: 120 / Accuracy: 70 Effect: [E151] (30%)

Anyone know the secondary effect of that one? Looks good.

[M543]: Physical Normal PP: 15 Power: 120 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: 1/4 recoil.

Way to make Double-Edge obsolete.

[M544]: Physical Steel PP: 15 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: Strikes twice.

Yay for Steel. ^_^

[M546]: Special Normal PP: 5 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: If user is holding a Plate, this attack's type depends on the Plate held.

Is that Genosect's one, limited to a few types, or something? Wait, he doesn't use plates. Hmm.

[M550]: Physical Electric PP: 5 Power: 130 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: May paralyze opponent. (20%)
[M551]: Special Fire PP: 5 Power: 130 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: May burn opponent. (20%)

What's the catch? Blue Fire (?) has more power than Fire Blast with the same accuracy. Lightning Strike (?) has more accuracy and power than Thunder, and belongs to Zekrom with its 150 base Atk. They really want to make these two shine huh. They get two signature moves each, right?

[M553]: Physical Ice PP: 5 Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [E14B] (30%)
[M554]: Special Ice PP: 5 Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [E14C] (30%)

What are these?

Also, Diglett gets Memento, and Sableye gets Metal Burst. Pretty cool.

Has anyone have the complete TM list and the locations of each TM present in the game? Thanks!

Anyone know the secondary effect of that one? Looks good.

"Increases accuracy during weather (30%)".

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...taU1hNXJUMTJncFE&authkey=CITunaYG&hl=en#gid=0

^All move data. Very useful.

Serebii has the secondary effect listed as 30% chance of causing confusion...I had my hopes up for a subseed parafusion set for Erufuun...(substitute/leech seed/stun spore/wind storm)...so it better not turn out to be the weather accuracy instead!

Oh, Heavy Bomber is more powerful the heavier the user is. There's Heavy Metal's purpose.

Sceptile should've gotten contrarian as an ability. Blaziken got the awesome Speed Boost, so why can't Sceptile have the awesome Contrarian?

Jaroda might be able to use it though, just not as effectively.

I would like to hear your thoughts on that one (Sceptile getting Contrarian/Perversity).

As for me, Contrarian/Perversity is actually a very powerful ability, and Jaroda deserves it more than Sceptile.

V-generate will be an interesting move to see in use.

...aaaaand I'm completely ignored yet again.

^^;

I dunno, I think the unlimited TM's question pretty much answers itself...

It'll just make things easier as you won't have to have multiple cartridges or spend crazy time getting enough money for Game Corner moves...

But also you'll be able to freely teach any of them to your in-game Pokemon as you go through the game without worrying about potentially "wasting" it if you want to forget it for a level up move or not using it 'cos you want it for a competetive 'mon you'll be breeding later.

It's really a great idea, although we've lost some good TM's like Giga Drain and Drain Punch and alot of the new ones seem a bit rubbish...

Oh, Heavy Bomber is more powerful the heavier the user is. There's Heavy Metal's purpose.

Actually, Heavy Bomber's damage output is based on the relative weight between the user and the opponent. So, use this on a Snorlax, for example, and you do less damage. However, use this on an Azelf, and the damage output is much higher, since Azelf is very light.

[M553]: Physical Ice PP: 5 Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [E14B] (30%)
[M554]: Special Ice PP: 5 Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [E14C] (30%)
What are these?

I think the physical one can paralyze and the special one can burn the foe.

There's a catch. They are Sky Attack Clones, ie, 2 turn moves with the same power and accuracy of Sky Attack, I believe.

I would like to hear your thoughts on that one (Sceptile getting Contrarian/Perversity).

As for me, Contrarian/Perversity is actually a very powerful ability, and Jaroda deserves it more than Sceptile.

You seriously want me to tell you why Sceptile would like getting Contrarian? Leaf Storm powering itself up along the way. Sceptile would need just one free leaf storm to completely kill through even resisters.

Sceptile designed to be a fast special sweeper, while Jaroda is a fast mixed wall that supports. Who oh who is in need of Contrarian more? -.-

I think the physical one can paralyze and the special one can burn the foe.

There's a catch. They are Sky Attack Clones, ie, 2 turn moves with the same power and accuracy of Sky Attack, I believe.

Besides, Sky Attack has also a secundary effect with the same odds, the chance of flinching the opponent.

Actually, Heavy Bomber's damage output is based on the relative weight between the user and the opponent. So, use this on a Snorlax, for example, and you do less damage. However, use this on an Azelf, and the damage output is much higher, since Azelf is very light.

So, are Heat Stamp/Heavy Bomber different from Low Kick/Grass Knot then? Perhaps they are more akin to the likes of Gyro Ball and Elec/Electric Ball?

Last edited:
You seriously want me to tell you why Sceptile would like getting Contrarian? Leaf Storm powering itself up along the way. Sceptile would need just one free leaf storm to completely kill through even resisters.

Sceptile designed to be a fast special sweeper, while Jaroda is a fast mixed wall that supports. Who oh who is in need of Contrarian more? -.-

I was actually asking you why he deserved it if he's not useful enough, not why he likes it, because we all know why he likes it (boosting Leaf Storms are awfully awesome), but I wanted to know if he really needs/deserves it.

Anyway, I suspect that this ability is too good, since Perversity/Contrarian is only on these following Pokemon so far: Tsutarja line, Spinda and Shuckle. Imagine a Dragon Pokemon getting this ability: now that's a terror. (Not that Sceptile is part Dragon, but it's a possibility)

Spinda's stats are really low to fully take advantage of it, but I guess he can turn stat downs by opponent into an advantage. Shuckle is really defensive, so is more useful for taking Defence down moves (Seed Flare, Shadow Ball etc., but I don't think he gets any stat down moves, so he may as well use another ability. The Tsutarja line doesn't have a lot of type coverage, unlike Sceptile, who has better type coverage than Jaroda, with Dragon Breath and Focus Blast, leaving the Hidden Power to have another type like Ghost, Fire or maybe Ice. What Special coverage did Jaroda get? Leaf Storm and Grass moves are pretty much the only Special moves he gets, besides Hidden Power of course, so the trade off is understandable. I have to admit, I fear that when Sceptile gets this ability, Jaroda will be outclassed, and I have hard feelings on the Infernape vs Blaziken one (which was rectified, thanks to Blaziken getting the best present he could possibly wished for), so I was relieved that it's not the case.

I understand that you really like Sceptile to have the best ability to match up to Blaziken having an incredible one, but I suppose what's set in stone is done. Nothing much we could do about it now.

So, are Heat Stamp/Heavy Bomber different from Low Kick/Grass Knot then? Perhaps they are more akin to the likes of Gyro Ball and Elec/Electric Ball?

I got this information from Smogon (I don't have the game myself), but currently there is a theory that it's like a reverse Grass Knot/Low Kick, but another that says it's counts the difference in weight. Actually, this post results in my doubt now: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3014685&postcount=308

Last edited:
Too bad Jaroda can't learn Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm together.

No, just opposite.

Does anyone know how to get V-Generate?

It can't be gotten within the games, at least not yet. Maybe the third version will modify Victini's Level Up move list to make it available or a future event Victini will have it.

Back
Top Bottom