• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

I don't believe Gyarados can learn Thunder Fang. He definitely should.

That's what I meant. Both quantity and distribution. As it is, Sacred Fire is exclusive to one Pokémon. Flame Wheel is nothing most Fire Pokémon learn, and it's very weak to boot. Flare Blitz has alright distribution besides two candidates that make sense but are still unable to learn it. To me, it makes much less sense than every Fire Pokémon can now learn Solar Beam than having all Fire Pokémon capable of Flare Blitz. Fire Fang is, like Flame Wheel, too weak for serious use. Fire Punch is limited to bipedal Fire Types, or those that have arms.

Electric is worse. Spark and Thunder Fang are like Flame Wheel and Fire Fang, but are the only widespread options. Quadruped Pokémon can't learn Thunder Punch. Volt Tackle is exclusive to the Pikachu family.

So yes, a Physical Fire and/or Electric Move with 75+ base power and that can be learned by most, if not all Pokémon of such Type would be very welcome.

Oh, that's right. Been off the loop for a while now. But good. At least they got this done.
I'm pretty sure the Fangs only have 5 to 15 less power than the punches. But your right about making more physical moves for those types. I trust recoil moves as far as I can throw em'.

Empoleon need flash cannon now. And a move change. Why does Prinplup get metal claw after evolution while Empoleon gets frigen' aqua jet? They need to have Prinplup learn aqua jet and Empoleon learn flash cannon.

They should let flying bugs like Scyther and Scizor learn Fly. And Heracross too.

Empoleon need flash cannon now. And a move change. Why does Prinplup get metal claw after evolution while Empoleon gets frigen' aqua jet? They need to have Prinplup learn aqua jet and Empoleon learn flash cannon.

Empoleon can learn Flash Cannon by TM, you know?

Victrebel should learn poison jab and typhlosin needs a moveset exspansion seriously :)

They can only fly short distances

And some pokemon that learn fly don't look big enough to carry the player. It should be there for gameplay purposes.

This thread needs to get revived

Sacred fire is popular so ill start with that one; flareon needs it for sure i know it could also get flare blitz but unless flareon all of sudden gets rock head theres no way im using it; i aint going to evolve my eevee just so i can kill it myself lol

houndoom is also a good candidate i mean common a dog from hell whose flame will leave you permanently burned and the best it can do is will o wisp

Aereo blast should be given to dragon pokenon since most of them seem to be masters of wind and gyarados even if its weak on it

actually i hate dragon type attacks i mean they eaither look normal fire or flying IE( dragonbreath, twister, dragon pulse) they should be turned into normal types like fire and flying and then be given effects like stronger against dragons or when used by dragons or both idk plus their original effects like paralysis

Rock Head Aerodactyl + Brave Bird = INSTANT VICTORY!

All for a move that takes advantage of Tsutaaja's "Cool" stat, say aye.

aye it can even do the finger gun lol

Rock Head Aerodactyl + Brave Bird = INSTANT VICTORY!

you got the right idea man but give it head smash too and now it has two moves with STAB and no recoil Equals Pwnage FTW

Last edited:

Caterpie with earthquake! FTW!

Errr... Ya... I agree with the whole "Flareonneedsflareblitz!!1¬!!"

As many have said, flare blitz flareon. Oh and Luxray should get that new move wild bolt.

As many have said, flare blitz flareon. Oh and Luxray should get that new move wild bolt.

im hopping he gets volt tackle to or atleast gets retconed into electric/dark i mean you cant tag with houndoom and not be darktype

oh and extreme speed because he is slow

im hopping he gets volt tackle to or atleast gets retconed into electric/dark i mean you cant tag with houndoom and not be darktype

oh and extreme speed because he is slow

Extremespeed would be so awesome!

Linoone gets Extremespeed as an Egg move.

Please GameFreak, make it happen.

D:!

Gyarados should get some new Flying-type attacks.

Linoone gets Extremespeed as an Egg move.

Please GameFreak, make it happen.

D:!

actually he dosent there was a zigzagoon that got it in Pokémon Box Ruby and Sapphire

what i dont get is why its so rare i mean both lucario and arcanine have it and there both in the ground egg group not to mention smeargle its ridicules that only naturaly strong pokemon have it so luxray better have it at least from breeding

if you can have quick attack and your base atk stat is over 95 or 100 you should have it your sacrificing pp for power and its not that strong

Back
Top Bottom