• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

actually he dosent there was a zigzagoon that got it in Pokémon Box Ruby and Sapphire

...Exactly. That's why Trainer Yusuf said "Please Game Freak, make it happen. D:!"

...Exactly. That's why Trainer Yusuf said "Please Game Freak, make it happen. D:!"

oh i thought he wanted to breed from linoone into luxray thanks for clearing it up :D

Ampharos + Tail Glow

Ampharos + Tail Glow

damn i was always looking for a stat boosting move for ampharos that wasnt charge or charge beam and it make sense

But Zubat can fly far? Fail logic.

Zubat is a bat. A bat, is essentially a mammalian bird. Hence, using logic, we can determine that it should be able to fly just as far as a Pidgey, for example.

His "Fail logic" doesn't fail at all.

if anything is a fail its zubat being able to know brave bird it makes no sense in english or japanese

Here's what I think:
-Flare Blitz Flareon (come on, GameFreak!)
-Head Smash/Brave Bird Aerodactyl
-Slack Off Snorlax (it looks like it can slack off at any moment)
-Close Combat Blaziken (I hate Superpower)
-Explosion Wigglytuff (for the lolz)

Here's what I think:
-Flare Blitz Flareon (come on, GameFreak!)
-Head Smash/Brave Bird Aerodactyl
-Slack Off Snorlax (it looks like it can slack off at any moment)
-Close Combat Blaziken (I hate Superpower)
-Explosion Wigglytuff (for the lolz)

Yes, this.

you got the right idea man but give it head smash too and now it has two moves with STAB and no recoil Equals Pwnage FTW
That's really freaking cool, actually. Wow. Now I really want that.

Of course Tail Glow Ampharos as it was mentioned. I've been championing that addition... since RSE.

For the Fly argument, I always look at it as a case between Insect Wings vs. Flapping wings. If you've got insect wings, no matter how strong the Pokemon may be, it isn't getting Fly apparently. Conversely, if the Pokemon has wings that flap instead of fluttering, they get Fly. It's a weird ruleset that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. (ignoring special cases like Dodrio or Rayquaza)

Ampharos isn't a Firefly so no Tail Glow for it :/
Nasty Plot sounds better anyway.

Doesn't matter.

(to me)

If Ampharos can become the light source for a whole frikkin' lighthouse, it can pull off a simple firefly light. Implied buttglow.

Doesn't matter.

(to me)

If Ampharos can become the light source for a whole frikkin' lighthouse, it can pull off a simple firefly light. Implied buttglow.

@ iteru can you not see it has a little ball on its tail that glows; thats where most of its attacks come from anyway and manaphy isnt exactly a firefly anyway nor dose it have a tail explain that one buddy plus zubat can learn brave bird despite being a mammal all this = you lose plus nasty plot looks retarded and how can some thing taht looks that nice be mean

@ v lol yeah if it didnt learn signal beam all boats would get lost

btw iteru signal beam is a bug move ampharos is not a bug types and names mean nothing to pokemon

@ iteru can you not see it has a little ball on its tail that glows; thats where most of its attacks come from anyway and manaphy isnt exactly a firefly anyway nor dose it have a tail explain that one buddy plus zubat can learn brave bird despite being a mammal all this = you lose plus nasty plot looks retarded and how can some thing taht looks that nice be mean

Manaphy uses both of its antennae (they are a light source) when doing 'Tail Glow'. And I guess it is capable of knowing the move because the animal in which it is based on was seen/interpreted by the creators and designers as some form of sea arthropod -mirroring the style of a 'firefly'- instead of a mollusk.

Besides, Togepi and Pichu both learn Nasty Plot, so your 'nice/cute' logic fails here too.

I really want to see older not very used pokemon get moves once thought exclusive to a certain pokemon, so this thread is meant for suggestions for moves for pokemon to get next generation.

Like I really want to see a Flareon with Sacred Fire. Or a Garchomp with Dragon Dance.

If Garchomp learned Dragon Dance we would be looking at the same case with Japanese Heracross in Gen III.....

Besides, Togepi and Pichu both learn Nasty Plot, so your 'nice/cute' logic fails here too.
yeah you got me there i was kidding about it being nice though mine was mean; it killed all of falkeners pokemon lol

and i guess my no tail/manaphy argument only works in english
in japanese i can say its not a fire fly but i dont care about manaphy anyway

regardless ampharos should learn tail glow because nasty plot looks weird

btw wat about herracross in gen3
and garchomp still knows swords dance no need for dragon dance anyway

Last edited:

Ones others brought up:
Ampharos/Tail Glow: Shoi, why not.
Flareon/Flare Blitz: Yes soi.
Garchomp/Dragon Dance: No. Crawdaunt gets this through breeding? The hell? (Sorry, it needed note.) Garchomp is enough of a beast. As well, this move would've been given to Garchomp had there been any reason to do so.
Blaziken/Close Combat: Maybeh.
Aerodactyl/Head Smash & Brave Bird: Yessa! I'll again bring to light that I've heard that the pterodactyl was a prehistoric bird anyway. (Hey, I've heard what I've heard.)
Snorlax/Slack Off: Eh, dunno.
Electrode/Bounce: Yes.

Ones I've brought to light:
Exploud/Explosion: Its name is a little trickery of Explode, non?

Last edited:

Ones I've brought to light:
Exploud/Explosion: Its name is a little trickery of Explode, non?
Explosively Loud, not Explosively combustible.

All the Eeveelutions should get crunch. Wild bolt for Electivire and Luxray!

Oh, here's one I want.

Bagon should get some more Dragon-type moves. Seriously? The first move it can learn of that type is at level 31?

All the Eeveelutions should get crunch. Wild bolt for Electivire and Luxray!

yeah but the only reason they learned bite is because they knew it when it was normal theres a reason they cant breed that many moves

Back
Top Bottom