• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

Basically everything everyone has already said, especially removing Withdraw and Deposit and just making it "Move", as well as an "Auto-sort" feature.

I also think is would be sort of cool if they made the boxes look more like the pokemon were free-ranging. Like instead of a box, it's more like a pen, and the pokemon's sprites move around and you can watch them play or something, with a thumb-nailed list on the side for easy selecting. I mean it would seem nicer, like the pokemon get to stretch their legs instead of being cramped in data-storage. But maybe that's just me.

Removal of deposit/withdraw, adding autosort, and assigning a box for new captures is good. I wish we could also label each box, so instead of being numbered I have one labelled for each type, one labelled "rare pokemon" etc... or do we already have that feature?

Yeah, you can rename boxes already. I sort mine by type, with the leftovers assigned to legendaries, foreign imports, a "retirement home" for former teammates, a box specifically for new captures to be sorted later that I scroll back to after every session, and a "special" box for things that I want to be able to get to quickly like HM slaves and my Spore/False Swipe/Spiderweb Smeargle.

mostly what other people are saying. remove deposit and withdraw, s.v.p.

also, please make it so i can rename my box whatever i want. i get the ban of numbers in pokemon names (they might use them to pretend to not be using crass ones), but nobody sees the box in public lol. and why not let people call their boxes rude words if they'd like.

and before you ask, i wanted to number them based on pokedex numbers.

also, with the more graphical interface... i'd honestly decline that, mainly because i think they could save the space on the game card for something much more interesting.

An "auto-sort" by Nat. Pokedex Order would be absolute bliss for me.

I just can't deal with the way the PC box is right now. I have over 700 Pokémon on White 2, and over 80 others on Black. Simply scrolling through the boxes is a total chore. Having an App on the 3DS, or even on the Wii U, for extra storage would be a lifesaver for me.

I also think they need to totally rethink how PC boxes work; 30 Pokémon to a box is just too little now. They need over 20 boxes now, isn't it? With a batch of at least 100 on its way, I think at the very least the amount of Pokemon per box needs to be upped. Failing that, a total reboot of how the storage is handled.

Auto-sort feature. For the love of God, an auto-sort-by-Pokedex-Number feature.

With the help of Stylus, the "Withdraw" and "Deposit" can be useless on X and Y. Yep, Game Freak shall expand the number of Pokémon than can include in the box to over 100, or remove Box Storage System and replace with the "Garage System" that can have Pokémon sorted and searched in a huge list.

We need auto sort ;_; trying to arrange the boxes one by one is tough. I don't really care how I arrange it - I just want some feature to do it instead of me XDD

Boxes in the style of My Pokemon Ranch would be so cool. It'd be the same basic box style, but instead of 2D pixel graphics and sprites it's 3D and there's pokemon roaming the box, and you drag the pokemon into your party with the stylus.

Judging by the last trailer we got I think they'll have PC Storage Systems outside now too, which is pretty cool. Here is a picture...

X&Y PC Storage System.PNG

- As mentioned, remove "Withdraw" and "Deposit" options and the storage system automatically opens up the "Move" interface when you access it.

- However, I gotta admit that the "Move Held Items" function doubles as a convenient way to view and manage held items on a large scale. So, preserve a toggle button to switch between moving Pokemon and moving Held Items.

- Search function (options include level, type, color, name)

- Sorting functions (per box). Options include name, level, type, catch date, etc.

It should be noted that B2W2 had a search function. I think a type option would've been nice for it though.

I was thinking of a pretty cool feature: Team Boxes. They would be a sort of feature for the storage system where you put a max of 6 pokemon in it, and when you select that box, it replaces your current team with the ones in the box.

Does anyone here play a modded Skyrim? There's a mod called SkyUI, and that interface could become a really nice replacement for the storage system. Basically, it's just one big list of your items/spells that's categorized. It's actually pretty hard to explain so I'll just post a pic to give a you a general idea of what i mean.

3863-1-1357326722.jpg

I don't really see how they could improve upon the established system without completely redesigning it. I personally like the storage system the way it is. I like how you can take an item from a Pokemon in a box without withdrawing that Pokemon first. I also like how you can give your boxes nicknames. I also thought it was really convenient when I found out that you could withdraw Pokemon while using the move command.

I was thinking of a pretty cool feature: Team Boxes. They would be a sort of feature for the storage system where you put a max of 6 pokemon in it, and when you select that box, it replaces your current team with the ones in the box.

Battle Box could've been like that. The concept is similar enough. They'd only have to modify it to achieve something like that, I think.

I don't really want anything particularly revolutionary to be done with the Box System, only interface improvements. The option to select more than one pokémon for transfer to another box, for example.

I really preferred the box system in Gens III and IV more than V. It seemed a lot easier to use. I hope that the system is Gen VI is closer to that than to the most recent design.

The option to select more than one pokémon for transfer to another box, for example.
BW2's PC system added that. Where in BW1 you had a small (easy to miss) button to toggle between managing individual Pokemon (item/mark/etc.) and moving individual Pokemon, BW2 has three icons on the bottom screen: Red lets you manage individual Pokemon, blue lets you move individual Pokemon (click and drag), yellow lets you select multiple Pokemon and move them as a group.

It should be noted that B2W2 had a search function. I think a type option would've been nice for it though.
It did?
There's an eyeglass icon that you can click to activate it. Alternatively, you can use the start button. Admittedly, it's more of a filter than a straight search, but I think it works well enough.

...Should they add a type filter as well, anyways.

Not to sound bad, but I think the current box system looks like a freaking Windows 98 compared to the 'Tony Stark Pokedex' we've just seen.

Maybe incorporate a ranch like interface within the game itself? A small island of sorts with the 3D models of the Pokemon moving about in it? (Islands=Boxes) and make the islands customizable?

One of my favorite things to do in the box interface (Specially in Generation IV games) is make different boxes with different names/wallpapers. Say, coastal Pokemon all in 'Beach', and water Pokemon all at 'Ocean', ground Pokemon at 'Desert', etc.

So what I'd like to see:

• When a Pokemon is captured, give us the option to choose the box to send them into.
  • Again, when a Pokemon is captured, give us the option to switch an existing team member for that Pokemon.
  • 3D Box system, even if a more sleeker look to make it look, well, tech-y.
  • 3D models of Pokemon.
  • Customizable Boxes, or a wider range of wallpapers.
  • Return of seals. A more wider list of seals, too.
  • Withdraw and Deposit taken out.
  • A 3D box-landscape-thingy? Unlikely, but good.
  • Sort options.
  • If you won't remove deposit or withdraw, at the least move the 'Move' option at the top.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom