• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New set announced in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
It is.

There's a lot of info going around that's I can't confirm for now though, simply because some utterly selfish bastards hate the idea of community and co-operation, and aren't sharing source links. While the translator who looked at it has apparently done this stuff before, his set name translation (which you can see on Pokébeach, unless WPM has already changed it) is well off, so I don't have complete confidence in him. Still, he's probably right about the set being 98 cards. Doubtful that he's right that there's a design for the cards. Hard to say about his claim that it's the last set. Nothing I've read has even vaguely suggested that.

• Staff
Whoops, I meant the last set with Delta Species.

Actually, considering that 4th gen is just around the corner, that's not necessarily a far out claim. Though I'd imagine that they'd keep the mechanic, just that it wouldn't be used for a while.

Archaic said:
It is.

There's a lot of info going around that's I can't confirm for now though, simply because some utterly selfish bastards hate the idea of community and co-operation, and aren't sharing source links. While the translator who looked at it has apparently done this stuff before, his set name translation (which you can see on Pokébeach, unless WPM has already changed it) is well off, so I don't have complete confidence in him. Still, he's probably right about the set being 98 cards. Doubtful that he's right that there's a design for the cards. Hard to say about his claim that it's the last set. Nothing I've read has even vaguely suggested that.
Like I said, he was in a rush and translated it quickly. Looking at my log, he gave me all that info within 35 seconds. All of his other translations have always been right, and turned out to be right. Thank you for fixing the name, though.

Tyranitar ex?

Darn it. I am so sick of the Larvitar line in the TCG, Delta Species or not. :(

Just because you haven't confirmed it doesn't mean it's not confirmed, Archaic. The TCG community has its sources, just like how the Anime community has its sources. Don't try to come and butt in and say that people such as me, who have been covering new sets for over three years (and have been right with them), need to confirm with you our sources to make our facts valid. I know that I am being mean to you here, but you are pushing it with a lot of people in the TCG community right now. Just stop. We appreciate you correcting some of our earlier facts, but we do not need you parading around saying our facts are unconfirmed, which alludes to people that they are wrong until you say they are right. Besides, not all of this info is coming off of the website, you know. We do have contacts in Japan that we regularly talk to in regards to the TCG, such as distributors, which is where some of this information came from, such as the set size. I had all of this information in-hand four days before I ever even made the post, but my translator was busy, so I had to wait for him to confirm some of the things said.

We are still cool, but I'm just trying to tell you that you need to stop acting like Mr. Validator with TCG news that is already in trusted hands. You're good with anime and game news, stick with that, but when it comes to the TCG, we are fine how we are and always have been.

Frankly, until people come out and present their sources, information must be treated as unconfirmed. It's nothing personal, just professionalism. Perhaps that doesn't matter to you, but it does to me.

Seriously now, if Joe suddenly came out with some new information for the anime or games, and refused to reveal sources, wouldn't you be skeptical, even if he has been on the mark with a lot of his news before? How trustworthy one is is irrelevant. All that matters is if sources to confirm the information are presented.

We don't need or have to specify our sources in Japan. We get news before Japan even knows - Japanese TCG players use my site to get there TCG news in many cases. I would say that we are the sources, as we work directly with several people in Japan who feed us everything and are apart of our sites. Websites are merely used to tell us when we should start to ask about certain things from these people, or for images.

If your staff are the sources, then you should at the very least list which staff provided the info, and how they came into it.

And certainly in this case, Japan did know about it, since the sets were already listed for advance order in online stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom