• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Noughts & Crosses Mafia - (Endgame)

Day One Start

Awesome thats everyone!

Included in this post is the randomized noughts and crosses table we shall be using, as well as the innocent child being shown in the square, thus confirming them as the Innocent Child.

Max1996
Contrainer
ZinnLav
Innocent Child
Dekunut
Ereshkigal
AussieEevee
jdthebud
Megapod
Oricorio

It is now day one, this phase will end 48 hours from this posts timestamp! Thankyou for joining and good luck!

Well, f^&*.

Vote: Ereshkigal

Tactically, in this game control over the center square is paramount. With it, you can easily set up victories where the opposition cannot defeat you, but merely chooses how you win.

As such, I absolutely must be the Town's Day 1 lynch.

Well, f^&*.

Tactically, in this game control over the center square is paramount. With it, you can easily set up victories where the opposition cannot defeat you, but merely chooses how you win.

As such, I absolutely must be the Town's Day 1 lynch.
That's true. Let's get Town to victory!

It makes sense, strategically.
Odd situation, this, intentionally lynching someone who I dare say already appears to be Town-sided.
Okay, two main ways we could go about securing a victory the way I see it:
  1. lynch whoever is opposite on the board from whoever we think is one of the Goons, preventing the Mafia from blocking a Towny three-in-a-row on the following Night
  2. simply lynching both scum, but with no power roles, this is of course reads-reliant and requires having two correct scum reads versus one for strategy 1.

Who knows, if we try for strategy 2 and lynch Town, we could coincidentally allow Town to win through strategy 1 by mistake if the mislynch Target is opposite of scum on the board. So...there’s some options for how to proceed. We do need to keep in mind how we’re limited by our capacity for the turns we can take, but control of the center square will keep scum from winning too early (and make option 1 possible for us).

Can it really be this easy?

Yeah. All we need is three X's on the board and we win. I'm just doing my part to give us a good opening.

Yeah. All we need is three X's on the board and we win. I'm just doing my part to give us a good opening.
Three Xs in a row. We still need to plan carefully...which is why I suggest that if we go the three in a row route to victory, we lynch someone opposite on the board from our likeliest scum candidate in a subsequent Day phase, lest the mafia Goons simply block a win with their kill choice.

That being said, I suggest lynching AE tomorrow because
  • He is adjacent to Zinn who mafia will most likely kill tonight
  • He is across from Deku who is always scum the only one (sans Zinn) not to vote Eresh yet.
Of course Deku is also an option if we want to take the Mafia approach instead.

We also have only 8 players we need to search; ZinnLav is confirmed.

After my death, you'll have only 7 left to confirm, and we'll control the center of the board.

And the finding of scum is the issue; we shouldn't give up on filling the board.

Back
Top Bottom