• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Noughts & Crosses Mafia - (Endgame)

Thing is, scum will know our strategy, so they can plan around it, plus, lynching too much town can cause scum to win. We can take out Eresh, since that slot is too strategically important to ignore, but afterwards I'd prefer we lynch scum.

... and DekuNut is scum again.

Kill AE tomorrow and we will set it up so that Mafia is forced to kill one of their own to block us or watch us win the game. This game is a wrap.

Yeah, I'm not too big a fan of this wagon. While it is technically a good stategic move, it's gonna give us practically no information for the next day phase. I have a feeling that scum is laying back right now.

So for some reason I skipped Calvin's post and assumed that IC would be in the middle when I read the setup, so I assumed Eresh was both center and IC.
While I do agree that Eresh seems townie immediately, this game was built to play more like tic tac toe than mafia. Killing scum is helpful but not required.

I feel like the Innocent Child should be the middle spot really :p

Since killing confirmed town sows more suspicion between everyone else, Eresh gets lynched, we claim centre, Mafia kills me in the night, killing anyone else just increases the chances they'll be found because it'll flip town.

Vote: Ereshkigal

So for some reason I skipped Calvin's post and assumed that IC would be in the middle when I read the setup, so I assumed Eresh was both center and IC.
While I do agree that Eresh seems townie immediately, this game was built to play more like tic tac toe than mafia. Killing scum is helpful but not required.

If the Mafia is good enough, they can counter any attempt we have at winning via tic-tac-toe. If we mislynch three townies, it's game over, and we already seem resigned to lynching one. I would proceed carefully from this point forward.

No, this can be changed should most players want it.
That's probably going to be a yes. I mean, a game this small is going to get most of its votes early in a phase and not change. Especially since this game has the added secondary win mechanic of strategic playing.

Speaking of which...

Kill AE tomorrow and we will set it up so that Mafia is forced to kill one of their own to block us or watch us win the game. This game is a wrap.
If you believe Deku is scum, it would be better to lynch him... as that would reduce the mafia team... and thus its power... to one player (Assuming you are correct). All we have to do is figure out who the second scum is and lynch them, and the tic tac toe board won't matter.

If you believe Deku is scum, it would be better to lynch him... as that would reduce the mafia team... and thus its power... to one player (Assuming you are correct). All we have to do is figure out who the second scum is and lynch them, and the tic tac toe board won't matter.

And if I'm wrong, we've then just ceded tactical advantage to the scum.

I disagree. We need the extra time to plan things. Less time to discuss benefits scum.
Keeping in mind that scum can see everything we're saying and are planning around it.

waves to the cameras Hi scum. Please stop reading my posts. I need to talk in secret without you knowing.

And if I'm wrong, we've then just ceded tactical advantage to the scum.
If you are right about deku, then we've ceded nothing to the scum, as we'd have taken one out.

Deliberately causing a mislynch is a pretty bad move in any mafia game.

I'm confused, how do we know Deku is scum?

Also I do agree that we will need to be careful after this point but it really is worth it to control the center square.

@jdthebud you are way too quiet. Letting the town destroy itself, huh?
Nope, just busy.

If you are right about deku, then we've ceded nothing to the scum, as we'd have taken one out.

Deliberately causing a mislynch is a pretty bad move in any mafia game.

Well, it does three things...,

1) On Day 1, it secures us the center and helps mitigate damage that false guesses can do.

2) Lynching the opposite of Deku both confirms whether or not you are scum and if Deku is scum. If Deku is not, the mafia won't NK him; they can't afford to lose any members. If they do NK him, then we have still set ourselves up for an easy victory along the Tic-tac-toe angle.

3) It gives us control over the game. Tic-tac-toe is won by forcing your opponent to play reactively instead of proactively. After you have control over how your opponent moves, you win the game.

Back
Top Bottom