• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview POKEMON BEST WISHES SEASON 2: Episode N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever people bring up the arguments against guns in pokemon by saying pokemon are better I will just bring up this.

I understand N isn't like other humans, but let's not tread into Gary Stu territory. I'll be pretty annoyed if the anime gives him more ~*~special abilities~*~ than what he already has just to over-hype him.

And...are we being serious about humans having their own Pokemon-types?

I can understand some of the type weaknesses from the games being carried over to the TV series. Water beating fire, for example, or flying beating bug. But the whole "Ghost-Type attacks don't work on Normal-Types" thing never made any sense to me. What reason could they have to not work, other than Game Freak being like "Whoops, I guess we've gotta make Normal immune to *something* to help balance things out a bit. What haven't we used yet...?"

So what I'm saying is that I hope what appears to be N's immunity to that Shadow Ball isn't due to something silly like type immunities.
You certainly remember any scene with a ghost going through walls and such. Well, you can't hit a ghost without elements (inb4 "flying/fighting etc isn't an element" but it has some magic that needs some mastery on these types), and vice versa.

As for N and other characters, they are pretty used to receive hits from pokémons.

I don't see N as a Gary Stu at all. He has too many personality flaws, but those are what makes his development so great.

Really? So when a Shadow Ball hits a human, it just dissipates like it would with a Normal-type Pokemon? I don't think we can be quite sure yet, not until we see the full episode.

Has this ever happened before in the anime?
Ash leapt in front of a Shadow Ball to protect a Venipede and IIRC, he seemed to be hurt by it.

But N is 16 years old. He undeniably has a stronger and hotter ooolaaala body than Ash does, therefore being able to take it without feeling pain.

Really? So when a Shadow Ball hits a human, it just dissipates like it would with a Normal-type Pokemon? I don't think we can be quite sure yet, not until we see the full episode.

Ash leapt in front of a Shadow Ball to protect a Venipede and IIRC, he seemed to be hurt by it.

But N is 16 years old. He undeniably has a stronger and hotter ooolaaala body than Ash does, therefore being able to take it without feeling pain.

N's age has never been revealed.

I think it was. He was referred to as being 18 in B2/W2 IIRC.

I don't remember anything confirming his age, aside from the Pokemon Wiki. But they're not a reliable source.

Considering that he's like two heads taller than Ash, it's pretty obvious that he's older, regardless of what his exact age is.

But I think N being part normal-type being used to this due to being practically raised by Pokemon is the best explanation.

... How did that blow your mind? It's, like, canon.

Our minds are blown very easily. =]

Brace yourself, the storm is coming...

Forget the storm, let us all embrace the truth and be free~~~~~

~N IS VERY OVER RATED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE A "THING" FOR HIM~

Happy Holidays.

And we can hear the screams of a million girls who just clicked to see someone saying N is overrated. PREPARE TO DIE.

Anyways, N probably knows what sort of attacks would deal how much damage. So he probably estimated how much damage a Shadow Ball shot by a Frillish can caude damage to a human

I wonder when we get White Kyurem in this, since it's the sole reason why Ghetsis is looking for N in the first place. In short he plans to control Kyurem, lure N, and have Kyurem devour N's Dragon so that it'll become "Unstoppable".

Hell, who's hoping that Ghetsis used that ship of his to freeze various part of Unova.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder when we get White Kyurem in this, since it's the sole reason why Ghetsis is looking for N in the first place. In short he plans to control Kyurem, lure N, and have Kyurem devour N's Dragon so that it'll become "Unstoppable".

Hell, who's hoping that Ghetsis used that ship of his to freeze various part of Unova.

This is a show for children.

This is a show for children.[/QUOTE]
They did some obscene stuff previous gen, so why not have Team Plasma just go around and use their freeze cannon on Unova. Besides, that mind controlling experiment were conducted so that they can used that data to construct Ghetsis's cane, which was used to control Kyurem.

Y'know, I really hope this makes up for the disaster that is the Unova League.

Don't screw this up, writers. This is the only thing that can save Unova from being horrible...as if it wasn't horrible enough.

I think it was. He was referred to as being 18 in B2/W2 IIRC.

I read that he's older than the BW PCs, anywhere from 17 to early adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom