• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview POKEMON BEST WISHES SEASON 2: Episode N

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's part of an official Team Plasma YouTube playlist, with this video as its introduction:
[video=youtube;xGrIjn0lp40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGrIjn0lp40&list=SPBE2D9BnJJUpvPGlNh1oi27FLjJcaflSr&index=1[/video]
I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but here's a pretty text-free version of the promotional art for the Episode N arc:
121207_a01_pic01.jpg

Team Rocket getting back in character is more important to me than Charizard's return.
Throughout BW, it was a pain to see the TRio speak crap like 'coordinates blah blah, call Dr Zager and inform him,' instead of lines like "It pays to have protection!","So size does matter," and "I haven't seen this many strange letters since I took out a personal ad."
It was a good decision to make the TRio more threatening but the writers could have retained the personalities.
Episode N seems to have everything to please fans - N, Ghetsis, Charizard's mandatory return after some seasons and potentially interesting plots.
I have faith in the writers - true to form, they will still be able to mess up this saga.

LOL@ Eitarou's video. Only possible in Japan.

This one may be my favorite:
[video=youtube;0cINXS2-usI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cINXS2-usI[/video]
(The last one's pretty great too, though.)
Anyways (and on topic), I wonder how they're going to handle Charizard's return, seeing as how he wasn't at Professor Oak's lab in his last in-show appearance. Will it be similar to how they handled him appearing in Battle Frontier, or will it be different somehow?

[video=youtube;0cINXS2-usI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cINXS2-usI[/video]
Anyways (and on topic), I wonder how they're going to handle Charizard's return, seeing as how he wasn't at Professor Oak's lab in his last in-show appearance. Will it be similar to how they handled him appearing in Battle Frontier, or will it be different somehow?

Probably the same way they usually do - Ash gets into trouble and the ultimate deus ex machina appears, flying at Ash with the sun behind him. It's almost become stock footage.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's an overgrown winged lizard with attitude problems.

Another amazing video.

instead of lines like "It pays to have protection!","So size does matter," and "I haven't seen this many strange letters since I took out a personal ad."

Those are the out of character personality traits, not what's been in BW.

Also, there's no reason to think they'll act any differently than they have been in Episode N.

Team Rocket getting back in character is more important to me than Charizard's return.
Throughout BW, it was a pain to see the TRio speak crap like 'coordinates blah blah, call Dr Zager and inform him,' instead of lines like "It pays to have protection!","So size does matter," and "I haven't seen this many strange letters since I took out a personal ad."
It was a good decision to make the TRio more threatening but the writers could have retained the personalities.
Episode N seems to have everything to please fans - N, Ghetsis, Charizard's mandatory return after some seasons and potentially interesting plots.
I have faith in the writers - true to form, they will still be able to mess up this saga.

I agree with you, making Team Rocket more threatening was a good thing, but the problem was that they were basically stripped of their personality and made into rather bland characters, though the same can be said about Ash getting flanderized into acting more like his Kanto self, but that's another topic. Charizard returning is one good thing though, though I'd prefer if they showed some more of Ash's old Pokemon besides that, but hey, seeing Charizard is at least better than not seeing any of Ash's old Pokemon.

As for Episode N in general, it looks very promising so far, especially after we've seen how much the writers have screwed up on Best Wishes. I think that they just wanted to get everything else done and over with, with Episode N being the big project the writers wanted to work on since BW started, but knowing the anime, there's always something that's there to screw it all up.

^ Well, the Seismic Disaster and forced(?) BW2 promoting certainly didn't help things...

though the same can be said about Ash getting flanderized into acting more like his Kanto self

And hell, he wasn't even this idiotic & insufferable back then! :eek:

Last edited:

Probably the same way they usually do - Ash gets into trouble and the ultimate deus ex machina appears, flying at Ash with the sun behind him. It's almost become stock footage.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's an overgrown winged lizard with attitude problems.

Another amazing video.
Satoshi called him every time he arrived, how is that a deus ex machina?

But yes, he is probably going to come flying towards Satoshi with the sun behind him.

^ Well, the Seismic Disaster and forced(?) BW2 promoting certainly didn't help things...

though the same can be said about Ash getting flanderized into acting more like his Kanto self

Well yeah he was even more idiotic and insufferable.

Another amazing video.

But yes, he is probably going to come flying towards Satoshi with the sun behind him.

You're definitely correct about Ash calling if you consider Charizard's appearances in Ash's battles in gyms, leagues and Battle Frontier.
But in Great Bowls of Fire, Ash's Charizard's appearance was pure deus ex machina - as later on in the episode, Ash had to fight a rampaging Dragonite. Ash had not called for him.
I highly doubt that Ash will rotate Charizard into his team for any tournament. So my speculation is that Ash will get into trouble and Charizard will appear without a call.
Or Ash could just call and say "Hey Liza, we are in danger. Could you send my Charizard in a trip halfway around the world to rescue my ass?"

Another amazing video.

You're definitely correct about Ash calling if you consider Charizard's appearances in Ash's battles in gyms, leagues and Battle Frontier.
But in Great Bowls of Fire, Ash's Charizard's appearance was pure deus ex machina - as later on in the episode, Ash had to fight a rampaging Dragonite. Ash had not called for him.
I highly doubt that Ash will rotate Charizard into his team for any tournament. So my speculation is that Ash will get into trouble and Charizard will appear without a call.
Or Ash could just call and say "Hey Liza, we are in danger. Could you send my Charizard in a trip halfway around the world to rescue my ass?"
But Charizard at least had a plausible reason to be there in Johto. Unlikely, but plausible. Maybe they'll make up some filler town with fire types or dragons or something, or maybe Satoshi will call him like the other times, so I doubt it'll just happen randomly. But if it does happen, wow, that would suck. We've got enough deus ex machina moments as it is (I wonder how long the list would be? XD).

Well yeah he was even more idiotic and insufferable.

I sincerly think Kanto Ash had a little more common sense than his later incarnations (namely Johto and BW). BW Ash is all "yay, I'm a naive idiot, but I love this all, anyway", while Kanto Ash was more like "I'm a lazy idiot, but I'm not crazy. And Team Rocket, your motto is a piece of crap". I liked when Ash was rash, but lazy to think and sarcastic, than his rash, good natured and barely smart (in general, not only about battles) version in BW.

About charizard... well, we never knows. Perhaps, Ash was minding his own business in Kanto and charizard returned to him for some reason. But, no, Lisa & Charla being in Unova (by plot armor's convenience) is more likely. Or charizard is SO strong now, to travel a half of a world to reach its trainer AND possibly fight another legendary right after.

Oh, well. I think the flamethower greeting is the most previsible thing we can expect from it (I kinda hope charizard burn Iris and dragonite just for the lulz :p).

The Ash talk is getting pretty offtopic and we have threads in the Pokémon League section regarding his attitude between sagas. Please take the discussion there.

We ask this because users come to this thread wanting to talk about episode N and the things that come with it. Preferences for past events that have no relevance dampen the mood and are the same debates/complaints that users have seen several times before.

Now, we don't want to stop users discussing what they like, so we have dedicated threads for it where they can discuss as much as they like without bothering other people. If people won't be courteous enough to do that then we will take action on them.

Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu have been confirmed to have speaking roles in next year's Genosect movie.

Guess that means the Rocket trio will be sticking around at least until July.

I guess that they may want to keep his role a surprise, despite the fact that it should be expected if he is part of the show's regular cast (which should mean that he will appear at least as frequently as Team Rocket will). But it is certainly possible that Episode N will be concluded with the Genesect arc before the movie premiere. I actually can't think of a post-Genesect climax involving Team Plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom