• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Legit question, do I have to specify all the players I see as a town? I thought that simply not expressing suspicion about a player implied that (currently at least) I saw them as town.
Not expressing suspicion or a townread generally implies a null read I think? And its preferable to express townreads specific players so that we can reference those reads in the future; its easier to make reads shifting look natural if you haven't given a read.

@DawningWinds I just figured that after the absence of pika and sushi being suspicious I thought it might be better to inform the others beforehand (though I wasn't exactly sure if it was because they were absent or because they generally barely didn't say a thing or if it's a combination of both).

@DawningWinds I just figured that after the absence of pika and sushi being suspicious I thought it might be better to inform the others beforehand (though I wasn't exactly sure if it was because they were absent or because they generally barely didn't say a thing or if it's a combination of both).
They were absent for a much longer period of time than a few hours, and they didn't really contribute much beforehand, which is why it was considered suspicious. You being gone for a few hours after contributing plenty isn't suspicious at all.

On the Jinjo v/s Space role claims, honestly I feel both the claims are suspicious. As others have already pointed out, Space's claim sounds very similar to the Arsonist role. If they are successfully able to use their 1xVig tonight, that'd be really helpful to verify their claim.
As for Jinjo's claim, considering the roles claimed till now and Bigfoot's revealed role, a standard JOAT seems unlikely in this game. I think Jinjo could either be a Mafia JOAT or a Town JOAT but with different abilities.

What if I'm not successfully able to lol

I don't see why Jinjo would have different abilities than what she said she has? What would need to be hidden over something like 1x cop or 1x vig

I am still getting Town vibes from RavenRaziel as they are an active part of discussion and putting their thoughts across well. I can also totally relate to their paranoia and all the hypothetical situations they might be creating in their mind as I was exactly the same when I was a new player, maybe still am to some extent.

I agree that I get town vibes from RavenRaziel as well, but I wouldn't say they've been putting their thoughts across well. They've given their own admission of paranoia and of not perhaps making the most sense.

I agree that I get town vibes from RavenRaziel as well, but I wouldn't say they've been putting their thoughts across well. They've given their own admission of paranoia and of not perhaps making the most sense.
For a new player they have done a pretty good job explaining their thoughts I feel like; there have been a few odd things and they are kinda paranoid, but I've kinda been able to make sense of their train of though on most of the paranoid hypothetical situations they've given, even if I don't agree, which I feel like speaks pretty well for their alignment.

Not expressing suspicion or a townread generally implies a null read I think? And its preferable to express townreads specific players so that we can reference those reads in the future; its easier to make reads shifting look natural if you haven't given a read.
Thanks for the explanation, for now if I haven't mentioned something specific about someone it's because I feel that I still need more information to make a reasonable judgment, since technically everything can be seen as suspicious at this point, varies depending on the mindset of each player. Currently the players that give me the most town vibe are HumanDawn and DawningWings, but nothing is set in stone yet.

For a new player they have done a pretty good job explaining their thoughts I feel like; there have been a few odd things and they are kinda paranoid, but I've kinda been able to make sense of their train of though on most of the paranoid hypothetical situations they've given, even if I don't agree, which I feel like speaks pretty well for their alignment.

I'm not saying they've been doing a bad job -- they've given me town vibes, after all. I'm just saying Raven has admitted to perhaps not making the most sense at times due to the paranoia, and I'd kind of like Pikapika to elaborate on what they find to be particularly well-put -- I'm going to assume that means Pikapika has agreed with things Raven has said.

my opinion might not be important here since it pertains to me as well, but

I think Jinjo and I should both use our shots since I don't think we'll get anywhere with figuring out who is lying otherwise

DawningWings
*Winds

Readslist:
DawningWinds - Me. Town firefighter.
RavenRaziel98 - I think I've explained my thoughts on him a few times?
HumanDawn - He's felt very focused on solving the game and I've agreed with his read on Jinjo. I also don't see scum Human unnecessarily tying himself to a mislynch at the last minute, right after saying that he disagreed with the lynch. The motivation of preventing a tie feels true; and while it could come from scum Human, the tie didn't feel that likely with the people who could make it happen not being around and I feel he would've more likely opted not to make that vote on a mislynch had he been scum because of that.
Sushi The Enby - The fact that they feel like they have enough of a lack of an understanding of what's going on to feel they might have to quit strikes me as very vaguely towny, as a scum player would have their scumbuddy to explain some stuff to them if they were scum. Granted, they could be 3p too, or I could be wrong. @Sushi The Enby If there's anything specific you need help with understanding and you still have any inclination to try and play, feel free to ping me and I'll do my best to explain it. If you don't want to/can't handle playing anymore, ping the hosts or ask in your role pm for a sub and they'll try and find someone to take your spot.
Midorikawa - I don't think she's really been doing that much pushing, which is just plain weird for her. It's not even AI. It's just weird. Outside of the Bigfoot wagon at the end of the day and encouraging people to be a bit skeptical of my role I can't remember her pushing really anyone.
ExLight - Like Mido I don't feel like he's been doing nearly as much attacking as usual? A fair bit of disagreeing with attacks, but I don't really recall him going after anyone until he suggested a couple of CFD candidates and jumped on the Bigfoot wagon at the end of the day. I feel like his Bigfoot wagon jumping on is slightly more awkward... The "threat" didn't sit right with me either, but something about ExLight's progression to voting Bigfoot for him from the threat doesn't feel quite right either. It's not huge.
Pika_pika42 - Eh. I've clarifiied that his post was less blegh than I remember but that doesn't make the first post not blegh. Also I agree with Jinjo why the fuck would you think she's lying about her abilities as town JoaT? I disagree with the principle that town are incapable of lying at all, but I think in this case it makes no sense for her to lie if she's town? It just makes no sense to suggest and I can't wrap my head around why he would suggest it. And I'm just not getting towny vibes from him in general.
{Space - Jinjo} - They aren't scum together, for certain (though one scum one Arsonist is possible I guess), but I'm... not really sure who I trust less?

Are we giving Jinjo permission to shoot because if so let’s not let her choose. Same with space too.
Good point. Space needs to shoot tonight for sure though to prove that she's not an Arsonist given how common that suspicion of her is; should we just have her shoot Jinjo or...?

as scummier than you even lol
kinda funny he nows trashtalks me when he didn't have the BALLS to put his money where his mouth was at
No?? He just voted elsewhere at the time because he wanted pressure on multiple of his scumreads, and Bigfoot already had like three votes? And when he came back the Jinjo/Space CC situation made Jinjo usurp him as the top scumread, but he switched to Bigfoot anyway because he didn't want a tie because his used to ties being no lynches (which they even might be in this game) and no lynches suck.

Are we giving Jinjo permission to shoot because if so let’s not let her choose. Same with space too.
since we suspect one of them is 3p isn't it better to let them choose by themselves?

picking a target for her could be messed up with bus driver/deflector plus might be influenced by mafia into shooting town

not picking a target for her at least lets them maybe shoot mafia

also why jinjo's shot specifically? what's so different from space?

Why did you say I could be a town joat with different abilities and what would the motivation be for a town joat to lie about their abilities? Town should always tell the truth and lying would just cause even more confusion and more accidents.

I don't see why Jinjo would have different abilities than what she said she has? What would need to be hidden over something like 1x cop or 1x vig
I just think that considering the claims so far and Bigfoot's role, I think the roles in this game are slightly different and the possibility of a standard JOAT feels very low.
I don't think a Townie never lies. They may lie sometimes in order to confuse their enemies and in order to not give them any additional information.
You haven't given any scum reads in this post and instead you are leaving open options. You say Space could be arsonist but want to wait till next day and then say I could be either mafia or town joat. What towny vibe from ExLight are you looking for since you said you don't get any towny vibes from him yet. I can see why you got some good vibes from HD but he is very capable of faking that as scum and HD in my opinion looked like he was trying way too hard and reaching which felt performative.
That's right. I don't have any scum reads yet as I don't find anyone particularly suspicious.

I don't have any concrete reads as of now. Whatever reads I have are based on the vibes I'm getting. For this reason, I said I'm getting good vibes from HD but I won't trust them completely as they are a very expert player.
As for ExLight, it's difficult to explain but I'm not getting the town vibes which I get from them like in the earlier games we played when they were Town. It could also be due to the fact that I'm playing mafia after a very long time, so not sure about that.
As for RavenRaziel, I'm getting really good vibes from them and hence, I believe they are most likely to be Town.

Someone might call it backtracking or whatever, but honestly, all these reads are solely based on vibes and hence, I cannot say anything confirmed about them.
What if I'm not successfully able to lol
I really hope you are successful, if you are telling the truth.
As I said I can totally relate to their paranoia and the hypothetical situations they might be imagining because I did the same things when I was a new player.
Apart from that, I really like the thoughts they share and the way they participate in the discussion, which looks more like newbie Town rather than newbie Mafia.

This makes no sense? If Human was an Arsonist who was planning to look towny by lynching Mafia and he believed your claim, he wouldn't have been scumreading you?
Also why do you think he's the Arsonist specifically?

With the counterclaim situation between you and Space he would've preferred to see one of you two go over instead. New information changes things. Its pretty simple and he's already made that clear I feel like?
It actually does make sense as a arsonist play. Arsonist doesn't know who is mafia or town and will play the same way as town since they are alone. Earlier I meant that HD could be arsonist who believed in his head I am the joat but didn't want to say it in the thread since I was guessing I will get vigged tonight, mafia will faction kill, and god knows will I correctly shoot scum or town. If three town die tonight the arsonist can hunt for mafia pushing them for a lynch, will get town cred, and will be town read till end game. Arsonist wincon is to kill everyone and wins alone.

I have been solving, said I can prove my action, and yet he still wants to lynch me. This is a role madness game meaning you will more likely be experiencing chaos with roles, night action claims, confusion with claims and an experienced player like HD should know that.
Legit question, do I have to specify all the players I read as town? I thought that simply not expressing suspicion about a player implied that (currently at least) I read them as such.

About Raven, I mentioned it as a theory, not something definitive, even in my first comment on this I didn't rush to vote. Several of his comments put special emphasis on the fact that he feels pressured, though possibly there's some truth to it since this is his first time, it's also the perfect facade to give an image of innocence, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. I'm not saying that this is completely certain, just that it's a possibility, like everything in this game really.
Yes so that players can know the reason why you town read the person and if the reason is sound or not. A player giving a town read it will have a town player figuring out if the player is town who believed in their town read or if the player is scum who is fabricating a read.

As for ExLight, it's difficult to explain but I'm not getting the town vibes which I get from them like in the earlier games we played when they were Town. It could also be due to the fact that I'm playing mafia after a very long time, so not sure about that.
college turned me into a bitter old man I no long panic like a little girl upon being voted (I do)

Pika posted that after I posted that. I will have to read it later since I'm getting ready for work.

No?? He just voted elsewhere at the time because he wanted pressure on multiple of his scumreads, and Bigfoot already had like three votes? And when he came back the Jinjo/Space CC situation made Jinjo usurp him as the top scumread, but he switched to Bigfoot anyway because he didn't want a tie because his used to ties being no lynches (which they even might be in this game) and no lynches suck.
I'm just pulling his leg lol

college turned me into a bitter old man I no long panic like a little girl upon being voted (I do)
Can confirm, he still does this regardless of alignment.

It actually does make sense as a arsonist play. Arsonist doesn't know who is mafia or town and will play the same way as town since they are alone. Earlier I meant that HD could be arsonist who believed in his head I am the joat but didn't want to say it in the thread since I was guessing I will get vigged tonight, mafia will faction kill, and god knows will I correctly shoot scum or town. If three town die tonight the arsonist can hunt for mafia pushing them for a lynch, will get town cred, and will be town read till end game. Arsonist wincon is to kill everyone and wins alone.

I have been solving, said I can prove my action, and yet he still wants to lynch me. This is a role madness game meaning you will more likely be experiencing chaos with roles, night action claims, confusion with claims and an experienced player like HD should know that.
Right... But if he was planning to get towncred by helping lynch Mafia. And he thought you were town. Why would he keep pushing you? Yes Human would know role madness games are chaotic. But if you think as an Arsonist he would play like town. Wouldn't that mean he doesn't actually believe you regardless?

Back
Top Bottom