• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Sorry, I always try to avoid these kind of mistakes, especially embarrassing since I know your name very well. I noticed thay you skipped me on your list, any reason for that?
Uh, good question. Must've been reordering and forgot to put you back in?
I don't have too strong a read on you; but have gotten slight town vibes. I'd probably put you between Sushi and Mido.

I am back from the charity event I spent 3 hours in after work and I am exhausted, but it was a load of fun!! It’s good to remember that people actually do care about the food they pay for others instead of just giving money and god knows where it goes.

Jinjo quoted some things I said and framed them in a way that makes me look inconsistent without taking in the basic context and timeframes of the post.

@ExLight I didn’t find the comment he made to be threatening people with his role. I thought it was straightforward.

@Space

What are you doing tonight? By the way, what’s your favorite gun to shoot with? I can get you a really good gun if you’d like! Personally, I have always loved shotguns at how effective they are in doing the job.

I said space too.

I feel like random shooting is more dangerous than risking bus drivers and stuff. We also just mislynched a bus driver like role.
I think he was probably referring to Mafia bus drivers messing it up? I doubt a town bus driver would intentionally interfere. And mislynching a town bus driver-ish role isn't exactly indicative whether or not the Mafia might still have one.

Sooooo... I'm back (well technically I already was when I was posting again but I had to take a bath and going I'm back - I'll be gone for another 2-3 hours would've been kinda awkward) and I wanna try to elaborate my issues.
Here's the thing:
I have big difficulties making decisions even about minor stuff (if I'm in a store and see multiple things I like I keep standing in front of them for several minutes before either taking one of each or none - there are exceptions but those are rather uncommon) and I'm also not good with interpreting other persons (from being not sure if they're mad at me to not getting sarcasm, unless it's very very obvious).

In addition to that I tend to have a very weird way of thinking and making conclusions because I consider possibilities that are pretty far off as way more likely than they actually are. Today was a good example actually. Immediatly after announcing my absence I regretted it because my brain starts with stuff like the following: Why did you even tell them, no one else would've done that, they'll think you're hiding something (ore at least are some kind of weirdo)! So I panicked and was about to add: Nevermind, I need to swing by at home anyway so I can just log out on both devices until I'm available again. But then I canceled said post because my brain goes: Don't post that, it would be even more odd and may implicate I'm pulling some kind of "hidden lurking"! Btw, this whole writing and regretting/cancelling thing is something that does happen quite frequently in many other threads (or during the ME streams) aswell.

What also kinda bugs me is the fear that if I rightfully suspect a mafia member/ the arsonist that they could consider me as one of the most threatening persons, resulting in me becoming more targeted than the rest. Also (and I know this is kinda unnecessary but forced doubts are a nasty cleans throat) I'm not to confident about my english, resulting in the fear of messing up somehow because I'm being misunderstood or something like that.

And finally, the fact that the others either know each other from playing together or being part of the staff makes me feel even weaker because I don't know the others habits/personalities/play styles quite as well as the rest. Now some might say that since I'm a newbie I'm harder to read for the others for that reason but the thing is, they're still more experienced in reading other players (and have most likely collected experience with reading other newbies past), the only exception would be EternalPokéFanGirl I guess.

Holy cow, that turned out way longer than I expected. I added some space to make it less "wall of texty".

So as far as my reads go for now
DawningWinds -> Town, trusting you the most right now
Human Dawn -> Town, trusting you too but kinda less than DW
Midorikawa and ExLight -> I honestly don't know for now
Jinjo and Space -> I'ld like to safe my judgement for after the whole situation has calmed down, don't know where to put them but it feels like caution might be smart at the moment
Pika_pika42 -> feels kinda towny but could be a trap (I'm leaning towards town for now though)
EternalPokéFanGirl -> requires further investigation but I'ld rather consider you town for now
Sushi The Enby -> Only mentioned for the sake of a complete list, I have like no idea at all (how could I, given the circumstances)

Wow, figuring out that list took me waaay longer than the rest, the total time I needed for writing this post was about an hour :oops:

Also they won't be random shooting. If they're telling the truth they'll probably shoot their scumreads or people who are widely scumread. If they're lying they probably can't shoot.
That’s what I’m concerned about. Jinjo possibly having a shot gives me Star Trek ptsd where I was cop and got killed by townies shooting me. I’m not cop here, but still reminds me of those games especially since Jinjo can’t go a game without assuming I’m mafia.

That’s what I’m concerned about. Jinjo possibly having a shot gives me Star Trek ptsd where I was cop and got killed by townies shooting me. I’m not cop here, but still reminds me of those games especially since Jinjo can’t go a game without assuming I’m mafia.
That's a fair point.
@Jinjo
You are allowed to pick your target but it must be anyone but Midorikawa.

I said space too.

I feel like random shooting is more dangerous than risking bus drivers and stuff. We also just mislynched a bus driver like role.
eeeeeh more like a lightning rod than a bus driver right

also bus drivers are definitely more dangerous because random shooting at least can hit mafia but if mafia redirects it then it's guaranteed to hit non-mafia

Sooooo... I'm back (well technically I already was when I was posting again but I had to take a bath and going I'm back - I'll be gone for another 2-3 hours would've been kinda awkward) and I wanna try to elaborate my issues.
Here's the thing:
I have big difficulties making decisions even about minor stuff (if I'm in a store and see multiple things I like I keep standing in front of them for several minutes before either taking one of each or none - there are exceptions but those are rather uncommon) and I'm also not good with interpreting other persons (from being not sure if they're mad at me to not getting sarcasm, unless it's very very obvious).

In addition to that I tend to have a very weird way of thinking and making conclusions because I consider possibilities that are pretty far off as way more likely than they actually are. Today was a good example actually. Immediatly after announcing my absence I regretted it because my brain starts with stuff like the following: Why did you even tell them, no one else would've done that, they'll think you're hiding something (ore at least are some kind of weirdo)! So I panicked and was about to add: Nevermind, I need to swing by at home anyway so I can just log out on both devices until I'm available again. But then I canceled said post because my brain goes: Don't post that, it would be even more odd and may implicate I'm pulling some kind of "hidden lurking"! Btw, this whole writing and regretting/cancelling thing is something that does happen quite frequently in many other threads (or during the ME streams) aswell.

What also kinda bugs me is the fear that if I rightfully suspect a mafia member/ the arsonist that they could consider me as one of the most threatening persons, resulting in me becoming more targeted than the rest. Also (and I know this is kinda unnecessary but forced doubts are a nasty cleans throat) I'm not to confident about my english, resulting in the fear of messing up somehow because I'm being misunderstood or something like that.
:oops:
Why did you feel the need to write all this when it seems like you are being widely town read? This is alot of words talking about yourself and not about the current game.

That's a fair point.
@Jinjo
You are allowed to pick your target but it must be anyone but Midorikawa.
Space however may shoot Mido if that's really who she feels is the best scumshot as Space does not have a history of scumreading Mido near 100% of the time regardless of Mido's alignment and is thus more likely to have a rational reason.
I expect to hear the reason for who both of you shoot tomorrow regardless of who it is though.

Why did you feel the need to write all this when it seems like you are being widely town read? This is alot of words talking about yourself and not about the current game.
n a r c i s s i m :enzap:

jokes aside as a beginner they prolly just feel pressured to be constantly contributing to the game and ran out of stuff to talk about so they start talking about themselves lol
it's fairly different from scum-intended CWAC honestly because noone is expecting them to say any more than they already said for now maybe

Pika's last post looks like he is keeping options open and that spooks me. It's like as if he wants to watch town point fingers at each other and watch town destroy each other.

Imagine if the player I shoot gets protected by a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom