• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Only 8 hours remaining in the phase? I'm going to go to sleep soon and won't be able to come back till the end of the phase.

Do y'all want me to claim my role?
You have the most votes and you'll might as well claim.

Normally dead players who sub in for someone else are not allowed to talk about their previous actions from their original role. I'll have to ask Caps first if I'm allowed to talk about it or not.

I think distancing is done between two members of the same faction. If I were indeed a part of mafia, I would know that HD is not a member of the mafia, in such a case I would have been more confident and used buddying as a strategy, so that when HD flipped Town, I could hold it up saying they read me as Town and gain those brownie points.

As DawningWinds said, I do mean it in a general sense. Faction or otherwise, you have not held a strong stance on anyone.

No idea about any roles or actions of any other players till now. Please add if I am missing anything.

I'm going to add onto your list the dead players as well, just to help me keep track

Dawning Winds: Claimed Firefighter. Said they were redirected on N1.

Space: Claimed 1x Vig, 1x Bulletproof, used their Vig shot on Jinjo

Midorikawa: Said they were roleblocked N1. Had targeted Raven.

HumanDawn: Town evolution master

Jinjo #1: JOAT - 1x vig, 1x doc, 1x cop

Bigfoot_the_Pokemon: Town reckless interceptor

Ravenraziel97: unknown

Sushi the Enby Jinjo - unknown

EternalPokeFangirl - unknown

Pika_pika42 - unknown

Midorikawa - unknown

I'm still scum reading Pika and since he has 3 votes I'll wait for his claim.

Since I feel like chances are high that I won't survive the next night phase I figured I might aswell fill you in on my "mysterious fear" that I announced the other day.
As soon as EternalPokéFanGirl noticed that she got some suspicious vibes from me I was scared that she will be nightkilled immediately. This would have made me look awfully suspicous and even if I would've said so immediately it could still be stated as some kind of prep work to make me look innocent. Also there would've been the risk that the mafia didn't think of that but with me mentioning it I could accidently get things rolling by delivering them a plan. In retrospective this is probably totally hilarious but at that time my paranoia kinda out of bounds.
And while we are at it, you maybe should keep an eye out for Midorikawa. She seems to know more than we might expect her to know.
But let me elaborate this further:
I don't like the fact that she has barely stated anything about her reads so far. However, I also wanna note that I don't know her style of playing and stuff like that so maybe this isn't much of an unusual behavior of her - in that case just forget about it, after all you know her way better than I do and all I can use as a reference is how other players treated their reads (in terms about talking about them with us). But what striked me as the most odd was that she wasted a night action on me - and made it public. Almost like she wanted to draw attention on me - maybe she didn't even use a night action on me and made the whole role blocking thing up, who knows. But considering how Pika was far often more scum read and she still came up with me gave me a slight feeling of her knowing who is town and who isn't. Maybe I'm just seeing ghosts, maybe I don't - but I'm really excited to find out whether I was right (for once) or if I missed it again, so whether I'll die or not, I will keep track of the game.

Ok I didn't wanna do it but since there's only a little time left and I have to go to sleep now, I'll claim.

I'm the Doctor. I protected myself N1 and was told that my protection was successful - not sure if someone actually tried shooting me or if it was said to be successful just because it went through smoothly without being roleblocked.

Since I don't have any more time left now and I obviously don't want to be lynched, I'll vote the player I find most suspicious, before leaving.

Vote: Jinjo
Sorry. I know you have just subbed in and haven't really got a chance to do anything yet. But that slot has literally not done anything to contribute to the game.
I think everyone, except me, is playing a really good game as I literally have no solid suspicions on any particular player and by PoE and because I have a feeling they are most likely to be the Arsonist, I have chosen to vote Jinjo.

there was suprisingly little to catch up to

I see pika claimed doctor and I'd appreciate if yall got here so we can verify if it's legit :nottoday:

Vote: EternalPokeFanGirl

This is my next scum read and I said this on day 1. I didn't like how she voted on day 1 and it looked like she was looking for a reason to vote and call it a day. On day 1 I noticed ExLight wanted to cfd Pika or Sushi and he said along the lines their votes is what he would expect scum to do and he didn't say anything about Eternal's vote on day 1 and this made me wonder if they were a team. Only thing I liked about ExLight was how he wanted me and Space to test out our nights actions.

I'm honestly not paying much attention to newcomer votes because they're usually very random/weird or just sheeping so I don't feel like we can get as much wagonomics from it as we would from a veteran's. And they're so much more likely to scumslip/derp clear themselves doing literally anything else but voting, lol. If they vote in the wrong spots it's probably our fault at failing to guide proper discussion.

Speaking of wagonomics I'll trying to post a mini-analysis soon.

I'm honestly not paying much attention to newcomer votes because they're usually very random/weird or just sheeping so I don't feel like we can get as much wagonomics from it as we would from a veteran's. And they're so much more likely to scumslip/derp clear themselves doing literally anything else but voting, lol. If they vote in the wrong spots it's probably our fault at failing to guide proper discussion.

Speaking of wagonomics I'll trying to post a mini-analysis soon.
Not paying attention to newcomer votes as in new players?

Guys, I think we should mass claim because counting the players and I'm guessing what town roles will be in the game then it would mean a common town role is missing or unless Dawning is lying about his claim. With the amount of players we have plus my new role something doesn't look right or unless it was my original role that was meant for balancing.

Not paying attention to newcomer votes as in new players?
yea the new player's votes

they often don't understand the game well so it's common for them to overthink or make logical gaps or just sheep so it's extremely hard to read their votes, if they do any alignment indicative votes as scum it will probably be because they're being coached and if that's the case then they must have a veteran helping, and vote-wise it might be easier to spot the latter

Me suggesting a CFD on Sushi wasn't because of her vote logic, it was because she voted and bailed out; because while her vote is NAI to me due to her being a new player the bailing out is something a scummy player would've done

I think the way to catch up newcomer scum is to put pressure on them so they derpclear/scumslip honestly
or sometimes trick them with bluffs and role stuff

Guys, I think we should mass claim because counting the players and I'm guessing what town roles will be in the game then it would mean a common town role is missing or unless Dawning is lying about his claim. With the amount of players we have plus my new role something doesn't look right or unless it was my original role that was meant for balancing.
You gotta be careful when suggesting massclaims to newcomers because often they end up derping and claiming character too and end up getting modkilled.

inhale
JUST A REMINDER TO ALL THE NEW PLAYERS THAT NAMECLAIMING (SAYING WHO YOUR CHARACTER IS) IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN

I'm fine claiming my role if it comes down to it but I think D2 is super early and with the full scumteam and maybe a third party still being around I think they might still be able to disrupt us, specially since we seem to have roles that block and redirect around and at least one of them is mafia.

also I've been thinking a bit and I'm a bit confused as to how Dawning can claim he got redirected because I firefighter is kinda like doctor (more similar to doctor poison really) and shouldn't tell who the target was, right? just whether it was successful or not like pika said which makes me think either pika or dawning are lying, but leaning a lot more strongly towards dawning

I'll claim my role because something doesn't look right.

Alive players

Space - 1x vig and 1x bodyguard
Dawning - firefighter
Pika - doctor
Jinjo - ascetic
ExLight - ?
Midorikawa - ?
Raven - ?
Eternal - ?

If there is both a cop and tracker/watcher whichever is in the game then that would leave the two extra roles as mafia. In order for both cop and tacker/watcher to be in the game then it would mean Dawning is lying about his claim and for Dawning's claim to be real then it would mean we are missing a cop or tracker/watcher in the game or unless it was my original joat role that was supposed to be meant for as an invest for balance.

I'll claim my role because something doesn't look right.

Alive players

Space - 1x vig and 1x bodyguard
Dawning - firefighter
Pika - doctor
Jinjo - ascetic
ExLight - ?
Midorikawa - ?
Raven - ?
Eternal - ?

If there is both a cop and tracker/watcher whichever is in the game then that would leave the two extra roles as mafia. In order for both cop and tacker/watcher to be in the game then it would mean Dawning is lying about his claim and for Dawning's claim to be real then it would mean we are missing a cop or tracker/watcher in the game or unless it was my original joat role that was supposed to be meant for as an invest for balance.
I think this setup might swap some roles for less usual ones, and because we had like bulletproof and JOAT with doctor shot I wouldn't be surprised if it was enough protection in a 11p setup and we ended up not having a doctor and I'm confused as to how we'd have a firefighter when we have an ascetic because this causes a mess regarding how the arsonist would interact with you (they can only kill you but their actions are spread in a non-killing and a killing part)

having cop shot and a secondary investigative role like watcher/tracker might also not be enough to not have a cop, specially with two scum the less likely to stay in the setup would be godfather which is the usual counter

Back
Top Bottom