• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I think Liko is gonna get one to be her new shouldermon now that Sprigatito evolved. I think that it might end up becoming a Sylveon to promote Legends ZA.
I don't think that Liko needs an Eevee to be on her shoulders when she already has two unevolved Pokemon that could easily fit that role. While I'm sure that they'll have some Legends Z-A promotion down the road, I don't know if they'd give anyone in the case a Sylveon. All of the Eeveelutions are popular, but I think that there's a better chance of them including Pokemon with new forms or Mega Evolutions in the cast instead.

Like, our main trio (Liko, Roy, Dot), don't need an Eevee though.

Pikachu is the mascot, but not on any of their teams and it isn't an issue either, taking into consideration that Captain Pikachu and its trainer are still recurring characters either way, so even if Eevee joins the cast, it doesn't need to be ony any of the main trio's team and out of the RVT, Mollie seems the most likely to get one, since currently, she is the only RVT member to have currently has showcased only one Pokemon.

If they go for Legends Z/A promotion down the line, they can also give them a starter Pokemon in that region (Or a Legends starter) as well.

Another interesting thing might be that both Dot and Roy already have a bird in their arsenal (Quaxly and Wattrel), but they also are different colorscheme, with one being Blue and the other being Yellow. Both Dot and Liko share a color on their team, this being pink (Hattena and Tinkatink). So as far as colorschemes go, all three might share at least one color with eachother, which would perfectly line up with Liko potentially getting a bird as well, with the red/orangy color of Fletchling, which would make her share a color with Roy (Fuecoco) and Fletchling would serve as a mon for Legends ZA promotion as well.

Hatenna, Wattrel, Tinkatink are still yet to be used in training, let alone be mentioned as options for the Terastal Training. What will they do with their 3rd Pokemon, especially when Wattrel is still barely used?

There will be a Scarlet/Violet distribution of Dot's Quaxly soon.

Last one with Liko's Sprigatito happened close to her evolution. Could it be that Quaxly evolves next Friday? There's also that food promo with all 3 middle stages, but it could all be a coincidence.

Last one with Liko's Sprigatito happened close to her evolution. Could it be that Quaxly evolves next Friday?
I doubt Quaxly evolves so quickly after Sprigatito evolves.
Plus, the poster shows him in base form, and that wouldn't make sense if he was going to become Quaxwell soon.

I don't know if they're gonna adapt the Team Star plot.
They'll probably do something with Team Star. I'm not sure if they'll adapt the whole storyline. Even with them being in Paldea for awhile, I don't know if they'll cover that storyline within that time frame, but they've always included the evil teams in the anime, even the not really evil teams like Team Skull and Team Yell. They'll probably at least show all of the Team Star characters at some point.

Last one with Liko's Sprigatito happened close to her evolution. Could it be that Quaxly evolves next Friday? There's also that food promo with all 3 middle stages, but it could all be a coincidence.
I'm not sure if I could see them evolving Quaxly so soon, especially when I don't think Dot has had it for that long or battled with it. I would like to hope that Fuecoco evolves first. As much as I love Fuecoco, I'd like to see all three starters fully evolve too.

They can easily do something else with Penny's character. This anime is already too cluttered with plotlines as is
I don't think that using Penny to showcase Team Star and Sylveon, both of which is she associated with the most, is not going to be an issue. It's better than giving Liko an Eevee to become a Sylveon instead.

They can easily do something else with Penny's character. This anime is already too cluttered with plotlines as is
Penny in the games also appears in the Area Zero and Kitakami storylines, but so far there is no suggestion that they will appear in the anime soon.
Therefore, the only obvious reason why the girl appeared so early is the "Starfall Street" storyline (especially since the current arc in the anime is related to Uva Academy).

That has no bearing on her showing off Sylveon.
If they do the Team Star plot, then they can have her show off Sylveon.
If they don’t do the Team Star plot, then they can have her show off Sylveon.

What we do know is that Penny is already there and can be used for this exact promotion. The idea that they aren’t going to adapt Team Star and therefore Penny isn’t going to do anything isn’t a valid reason in the slightest.

Feels like the sprigatito timing was just a coincidence, it also lined up with the anime finally airing in the usa and I think that's the real reason it was distributed when it was.

I doubt Quaxly evolves so quickly after Sprigatito evolves.
Plus, the poster shows him in base form, and that wouldn't make sense if he was going to become Quaxwell soon.
I wouldn't use the poster as evidence against anything, its showing the pokemon in their state at the start of the arc, not teasing what they will become during the arc.
And by teasing I mean spoiling, floragato was just timing issues since they had to debut everything ahead of time.

The Team Star plot doesn't need to be adapted for Penny to show up, though: Team Rocket's storyline from the Kanto games was never adapted and that didn't stop the organization from not just having multiple appearances, but three of its members became the recurring antagonists for the main hero throught the entirety of the anime's run even in Generations where Team Rocket's game counterparts were near-irrelevant.

Besides, hasn't Penny already been teased by the openings anyway? She could very easily show off the entire Eevee line (or at least all of them besides Umbreon, since that's already Spinel's main Pokemon) without having to do the Team Star Plot.

Even all of this aside, Liko already has a Hatenna that could potentially evolve and cover the Fairy-type on her team, so IF Liko were to get an Eeveelution it'd be far more preferable for it to be one who's type doesn't overlap with any of her other captures (which so far would rule out Leafeon, Espeon, and Sylveon as candidates for Liko's hypothetical Eevee to evolve into... and technically Umbreon too, since one of the villains has one and Liko's Floragato will obviously become a Mewscarada eventually), but with how Liko and Roy are far less into battling than Ash was I highly doubt that either of them will get a full team: at most I can see each of them make just one more capture, and as much as I love the Eevee line, it'd frankly be a lot better for them to catch Gen 9 Pokemon so that the latter don't get completely shafted like the Gen 8 batch was in Journeys.

Back
Top Bottom