• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

On the starter speculation, sorry to be boring, but what if it's just the Kalos 3 again, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie, but this time with Megas, or bond phenomenon?

Legends Arceus came out almost alognside BDSP which had the original 3 Sinnoh starters, allowing Arceus to diverge and go with something different but Z-A doesn't seem to be paired up like that?

Well, if we could ride Gogoat then, I assume we might be able to in this game, especially with how large the game map is going to be.

And without needing to pay money either. Honestly I never even bothered with the Gogoat in XY, it was such a pointless gimmick that reeked of "tech demo for riding Pokemon". The Skiddo on Rt. 12, yes, I loved that, but what's fun about paying money for a glorified walking tour?

Here’s something I just realized: what are they going to do regarding the Pokédex?
I can imagine they'd add in about 250-300 or so Pokemon from the Kalos dex, pulling in Pokemon from especially routes adjacent to Lumiose City, then maybe about 10-20 Pokemon outside the Kalos dex (I genuinely think there's a good chance Ultra Beasts will invade Kalos, which is why I inflated this number). I think many megas will be in, but not of major legendaries like Mega Mewtwo or Mega Rayquaza unless they travelled through some space-time rift, Ultra Wormhole, or Hoopa Ring. It's feasible as we know games take place in separate universes. This would only be a minor retcon of some sort.

I can imagine they'd add in about 250-300 or so Pokemon from the Kalos dex, pulling in Pokemon from especially routes adjacent to Lumiose City, then maybe about 10-20 Pokemon outside the Kalos dex (I genuinely think there's a good chance Ultra Beasts will invade Kalos, which is why I inflated this number). I think many megas will be in, but not of major legendaries like Mega Mewtwo or Mega Rayquaza unless they travelled through some space-time rift, Ultra Wormhole, or Hoopa Ring. It's feasible as we know games take place in separate universes. This would only be a minor retcon of some sort.
The Mega Mewtwos are definitely appearing somehow, they were introduced in XY and the Y form specifically is so iconic to the game's pre-release that to not have it appear would be a crime. Like you said, Hoopa Rings are a freely available resource to dump any Kalos originals they just can't figure out a natural way to appear for, and I don't even know if that'll be needed for Mewtwo: Surely they can sneak in some dingy abandoned mysterious lab somewhere in the city or something to that effect

Mewtwo really depends on the whole past vs future argument, as far as im aware none of the XY legends/mythicals have time travel powers to bring em back in time if that was needed.

I do think they'll leave out the gen 3 trio though, hoopa rings or not I feel like they are too important to be a side quest, but also wouldn't really fit in with any sort of main story.
If this was a regular game yeah sure randomly being there works, less so for legends though imo.

Here's an interesting idea, if the game is set in the past, would the Tao trio appear? This could explain the Reshiram and Zekrom statues in Parfum Palace's garden.

And off course, if Reshiram and Zekrom do appear as catchable Pokemon, they could just have Kyurem inhabit the underground sector of Lumiose City, in a part that's rarely or never explored to explain why there is a lack of a Kyurem statue.

Again, I bring this up because it seems very weird to have statues of mascot legendaries unless those who made the statues actually saw the legendaries in the past themselves. And it's even weirder to have statues of legendaries that can't be found in the region that the statue is in.

Mewtwo really depends on the whole past vs future argument, as far as im aware none of the XY legends/mythicals have time travel powers to bring em back in time if that was needed.

I do think they'll leave out the gen 3 trio though, hoopa rings or not I feel like they are too important to be a side quest, but also wouldn't really fit in with any sort of main story.
If this was a regular game yeah sure randomly being there works, less so for legends though imo.
It's vague but ORAS confirms that Pokemon life energy (aka Infinity Energy / Mega Evolution energy / Energy Xerneas and Yveltal are responsible for maintaining) can create wormholes and distortions that lead to other universes.

Otherwise, Hoopa rings do it.

Here's an interesting idea, if the game is set in the past, would the Tao trio appear? This could explain the Reshiram and Zekrom statues in Parfum Palace's garden.

And off course, if Reshiram and Zekrom do appear as catchable Pokemon, they could just have Kyurem inhabit the underground sector of Lumiose City, in a part that's rarely or never explored to explain why there is a lack of a Kyurem statue.

Again, I bring this up because it seems very weird to have statues of mascot legendaries unless those who made the statues actually saw the legendaries in the past themselves.
I mean, Unova is a weird not quite accurate america that had a monarchy and everything, it's not impossible one of those people just moved over to Kalos, also explains why the gate of the palace has serperior on them.

In terms of the fact that the story will revolve around redeveloping Lumiose City. Because of what the story is about, would it make sense to have a pokedex? Or are we part of the ones doing research like in Legends Arceus?

I don't think we'll never not have a Pokedex in any mainline game. Collecting Pokemon is a key part of the series' identity, if they need a reason why we're going out collecting Pokemon they'll come up with one. In this case, perhaps we're helping research how to redesign the city to fit the native Pokemon's needs?

I don't think we'll never not have a Pokedex in any mainline game. Collecting Pokemon is a key part of the series' identity, if they need a reason why we're going out collecting Pokemon they'll come up with one. In this case, perhaps we're helping research how to redesign the city to fit the native Pokemon's needs?
That does make sense. Of course, we don't know how much of the Kalos region we will be able to explore. Yeah, we know the story will be set in the city, but that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING will happen in the city. After all, a most of the story of Legends Arceus happens outside of Jubilife Village.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom